PDA

View Full Version : Not to rain on the Nov 5th effort or anything...

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 07:47 PM
...but, we do need some people to donate late on 30 Oct and early into the morning on 31 Oct...

Why?

The Tonight Show appearance will, I'm sure, generate some new supporters and some new donors.

BUT, if they go to the campaign website and see barely a trickle coming in on the counter, they might change their mind about droping some coin...

So, I ask of you that have pledged your $100 or however much for Nov 5th or 11th to please toss another $10 or $20 on that evening in particular to make sure we don't scare off any potential donors.

NinjaPirate
10-26-2007, 07:49 PM
I've already tossed $45 that I DON'T have! :D

barcop
10-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Not sure about that. I think all supporters should stay off the website during and after the show... to allow new people the opportunity to get on the website. You saw how after the last debate the site went down... that would suck if it happened again.

But I do get what you are saying.

brumans
10-26-2007, 07:50 PM
I'll be donating $25 extra on October 30th... I hope others will join me. This is especially important because it's the last couple days to meet the months fundraising goal. We DO want to hit 3 million this month, right?

DjLoTi
10-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I think we should reach out to people who don't know about Ron Paul instead of trying to get the RPF regs to donate more money..lol

ItsTime
10-26-2007, 07:53 PM
what we need to do is be working to get more people to the campaign and donate when we can, and if that means waiting till the 5th so be it.

theseus51
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I was going to make a post of it on the day of, but yeah, stay off the damn website during the tonight show. I know everyone is curious how the meter is doing, but it's better to wait a few hours and check it out, rather than suck up bandwidth and crash the site (like after the debates) so new visitors can't see it.

realitywiz
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Not sure about that. I think all supporters should stay off the website during and after the show... to allow new people the opportunity to get on the website. You saw how after the last debate the site went down... that would suck if it happened again.

Good point. That's true.

Perhaps we should donate a few hours before the show, but stay off the official web site during and after the show to allow several hours for newcomers to check it out.

On the other hand, the campaign tells us they have upgraded their servers and are ready for the Nov. 5th mass donations.

__

Kap
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Any chance someone could contact Ron Paul and have him mention this on the Leno show or put it on the website?

freedominnumbers
10-26-2007, 07:59 PM
What I find most telling is that there are less than 5000 members of this forum and yet over 10000 people pledging 100 on November 5th.

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, even the Tonight show won't bring as many hits and donations as the 5th of November (but I hope I'm wrong and we get a billion in donations that night). 10/30 may be a good test of the new server's capacity. I mean, if you break your leg and the doctor (ahem!) tells you it's fixed, you gotta put weight on it sometime! :D

JM

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 08:01 PM

The campaign has said that already upgraded their server capacity in anticipation of the Nov 5th thing.

Since they've led us to believe that the "upgrade" is already in place, it should be able to handle the traffic from both new supporters and us.

American
10-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I think the plan of making hundreds of useless threads and worrying about absolutely nothing is a better plan.

Lets micro manage the campaign from this forum, and give no credit to the real "official" campaign.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 08:06 PM
The campaign has said that already upgraded their server capacity in anticipation of the Nov 5th thing.

Whew. i've been really worried about that. Where'd you find that out?

barcop
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM

Since they've led us to believe that the "upgrade" is already in place, it should be able to handle the traffic from both new supporters and us.

Good deal. Did not know that.

parke
10-26-2007, 08:34 PM
What I find most telling is that there are less than 5000 members of this forum and yet over 10000 people pledging 100 on November 5th.

There are also 70K myspace friends, and 50K on meetup. Alot of people are silently supporting Ron Paul. Look how many guests come here too. They might not sign up.. but they are curious of what we are saying and doing.

Im sure November 5th, 2007 is going to be a historical moment in American political history. People like goals and comradarie. Every where I go on the net be it youtube, myspace or meetup I see it growing and growing and growing. And I also see thisnovember5th.com everywhere.

What makes this entire thing so beautiful is that its coming from Americans. Its exposing our greatest assests. Creativity. Patriotism. Family. Peace.

Every single kind, color or affiliation get behind the founders message. Ron Paul will unite this country better than any politician ever has.

Channing
10-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Don't worry so much about the Nov. 5th action. It'll be great. I think the reason it's so popular is that many people don't get their monthly pay much beforehand anyway.

c0unterph0bia
10-26-2007, 08:42 PM

I've been following Ron Paul since early July and never bothered to make an account until September. That was long after my first donation. I'd say a lot of people ghost like I used to, and the rest don't know about the site.

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Whew. i've been really worried about that. Where'd you find that out?

It was discussed in one of the Adam Curry threads.

There it was reported that Curry asked Dr Paul about the 5th in a phone interview and Dr Paul said something to that effect.

Roxi
10-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I'll be donating $25 extra on October 30th... I hope others will join me. This is especially important because it's the last couple days to meet the months fundraising goal. We DO want to hit 3 million this month, right?

i will too :) im sure there will be plenty of DO NOT DONATE ON OCT 30th!!!! threads to sway our decision but i really don't care

Nathan Hale
10-26-2007, 10:05 PM

This is true!!! We need to stay off both Daily Paul AND the official site during and after the Leno appearance. However, we should also donate earlier that day or the following day, because we NEED to get closer to the Oct goal. Sure, it's cute to have a little donation drive on 11/5 because some lame action movie made it quasi-meaningful to the 10 people on this planet that can stand Natalie Portman, but back in the real world, this campaign has official fundraising goals and they matter MORE. Screw holding your $100, donate everything you can before Halloween.

NinjaPirate
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Screw holding your $100, donate everything you can before Halloween.

Only if it's financially possible, of course.

Nathan Hale
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Only if it's financially possible, of course.

Of course.