PDA

View Full Version : Endorsement From Glenn Beck may be possible!

gosmo
05-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Listening to his radio show today, Glenn Beck has condemned mainstream Republicans.

"The future of this country is in the Libertarian Realm"

"We must strengthen the poll of Libertarianism. We must strengthen the states."

"Mind your damn business. Foreign and domestic."

"We need dramatic change. Another Ronald Reagan isn't enough."

"The enemy of our enemy is NOT our friend."

While talking about the debates, he believes Paul and Johnson are right on the money on foreign policy.

Admits to being a libertarian but says that most libertarians would reject him.

Whether you like the guy or not, he has came a long way since his CNN days where he called RP supporters terrorists. I think we can get his endorsement. He would be a huge asset to have since he has a HUGE neocon following. Thoughts?

Also, yay first post! Long time lurker here.

trey4sports
05-06-2011, 07:50 AM
great stuff. Beck has been great!

jrskblx125
05-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Im hoping once he removes himself from fox he speaks more his mind.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Libertarians would accept you Glenn, if you were consistent and actually you know....had principles (not to mention we are pretty leary of those in the Media whom loved to trash us and Ron Paul like you did, plus, you know...the Medina incident). If you can show us with your actions what your words say -- we may give a second look.

cdc482
05-06-2011, 08:04 AM
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!
I would welcome Beck with open arms. He could get Paul thousands of votes!

cdc482
05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
We should all e-mail him and thank him for his support and let him know that we would gladly welcome him to the rLOVEution
me@glennbeck.com

gosmo
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
We should all e-mail him and thank him for his support and let him know that we would gladly welcome him to the rLOVEution
me@glennbeck.com

I like this idea!

SilentBull
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Yeah, he liked Gary Johnson. He played his answer on the war and liked it. He did say Johnson shouldn't focus on the drug war though.

Verrater
05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Awesome, when he started criticizing the fed I knew he was coming around.

I sent him an email.

We need to show him some support and maybe he'll see he is welcome.

-Edit:
He was just talking about how the internet is the last Bastian of libertarianism.
How you can succeed or fail on your own accord.
There may be horrible things on the internet but you don't have to look at them or be involved with it.
Then he referenced the Ron Paul heroine joke and said Ron was right.

cdc482
05-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I just sent him an e-mail. You have to confirm it and fill out a catchpa if it's your first time e-mailing him.

Koz
05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Do not email Glenn Beck, see where that got us with Medina.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah, he liked Gary Johnson. He played his answer on the war and liked it. He did say Johnson shouldn't focus on the drug war though.

Because we would all like to be awoken from a mistaken SWAT raid only to find our pets shot and the SWAT team on the way out giving us all a big flying middle finger 'too bad so sad'. Sounds lovely. The Drug War is an immensely important issue for not only the mass of violence it causes through prohibition, but the fact that the domestic police forces have been turned into quasi-para military psychopaths who think of Americans as the enemy and would love nothing more than carry out door-to-door firefights with innocents. Yeah -- not a big deal -- nothing to see, move along.

Conza88
05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
The endorsement from a demagogue* is not something you want.

*Ron Paul's words.

cdc482
05-06-2011, 08:15 AM
He can get a lot of votes. I want to win.

Ron Paul has some crazy supporters. I judge Ron Paul for who he is. Not who his supporters are.

gosmo
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM

Ron Paul has some crazy supporters. I judge Ron Paul for who he is. Not who his supporters are.

This is true. I do not see how the could hurt us.

Shane Harris
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM

this. a glenn beck and/or sarah palin endorsement could potentially lead to literally MILLIONS of more votes

ssantoro
05-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Yeah, i say go with the votes.

eduardo89
05-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah, i say go with the votes.

Me too. Beck, Palin and Demint are a must.

Would be nice to get Mike Lee to win over some Mormon votes from Romney.

Verrater
05-06-2011, 08:33 AM

This. I want to win.

WilliamC
05-06-2011, 08:36 AM
It's all about being able to build coalitions.

If Ron Paul can become a figure that others rally to, as we know he can be, instead of the GOP outsider that the media and establishment wants him to be, then its is game over for the powers that be.

Ron Paul is that honest, and that is why I support him.

discing_engineer
05-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Sent email and verified my email address, hope he comes around soon :)

kpfareal
05-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I wonder if there has ever been a Beck thread on RPF that Medina isn't brought up...

reduen
05-06-2011, 09:09 AM
While it is not very likely that Glen Beck is being sincere now, in the event that he might be he would help our cause greatly.... Ultimately we are all in this fight together and it is better to have him as a friend than a foe. Just my opinion..

fcmagic01
05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
The only chance Ron Paul has of winning the Republican nomination is he has Palin and Beck endorse him. Simple as that.

Otherwise it is just a pipe-dream, and a very unrealistic one at that.

Conza88
05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Was he sincere when it mattered?

No... right?

Then holy duly some people have low standards.

Furthermore, when your goal is spreading the message and idea of liberty, not votes and politics [as Ron Paul has said]... being associated with a demagogue becomes something bad, not good.

A nice "congrats" to those who just sold their principles for votes. Well done.... ?

Echoes
05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I e-mailed him.

Beck has expressed *some* libertarian leanings in the past. People can change, maybe he has seen the light...i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

rp08orbust
05-06-2011, 09:39 AM
The only chance Ron Paul has of winning the Republican nomination is he has Palin and Beck endorse him. Simple as that.

He does not need Palin or Beck to win the Ames straw poll, he needs buses. And if he does win, the landscape will be so altered by that shockwave that it's almost pointless worrying about who will endorse him at this point.

Conza88
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

I'm sorry... what changed his mind?

robskicks
05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
EHH I don't think he adds credibility to the average colbert report watching person.

robskicks
05-06-2011, 10:04 AM
edit

robskicks
05-06-2011, 10:04 AM

how bout you pipe off then. you're clearly not in the right state of mind to help this campaign.

cajuncocoa
05-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I wonder if there has ever been a Beck thread on RPF that Medina isn't brought up...

Well forgive me for not forgetting how he destroyed Ms. Medina's campaign....y'all go on with the Beck love-fest.

cajuncocoa
05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Do not email Glenn Beck, see where that got us with Medina.

+1

trey4sports
05-06-2011, 10:18 AM
He does not need Palin or Beck to win the Ames straw poll, he needs buses. And if he does win, the landscape will be so altered by that shockwave that it's almost pointless worrying about who will endorse him at this point.

Couldn't be any more right! Iowa, and in the short run AMES should be our target!

kpfareal
05-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Well forgive me for not forgetting how he destroyed Ms. Medina's campaign....y'all go on with the Beck love-fest.

Who is y'all? I never said anything about Beck. Just making an observation...

cajuncocoa
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Who is y'all? I never said anything about Beck. Just making an observation...

"Y'all" is anyone who think Glenn Beck is out to help Ron Paul....if you don't, it's not you!

rockandrollsouls
05-06-2011, 12:15 PM
A Jim Demint endorsement would help.

Mallory
05-06-2011, 03:34 PM
yes it would. (demint)

libertybrewcity
05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I think a Beck endorsement would help a lot with the Republican Primary. He could definitely get some people to vote for him since he still has millions of watchers and listeners. Beck is coming around. I have a feeling he has been addicted the internet.

Mini-Me
05-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I always used to deeply mistrust Beck and his motives, but I'm softening a bit on him. I still think he's a shameless self-promoter above all...but after directly attacking Kristol and having a falling out with Fox, I believe his views are more his own than those of his [former?] masters. In other words, I'm really starting to believe his ongoing conversion is genuine, even if he's still more libertarian-learning than principled. His support is unreliable and a double-edged sword at that, but he doesn't seem as threatening as he once did. I also respect that he has not retreated to his previous views just because he knows we mistrust him.

ThyGivaOfRep
05-06-2011, 04:55 PM
jim demint ftw in SC~~~~

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm keeping an open mind on Beck, but remaining cautious. I fully expect him to call someone like Cain a libertarian and throw his support behind them rather than Ron Paul.

emr1028
05-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I think we should also focus on (ex) Senator Mike Gravel. He's pretty obscure, but he used to be a hardcore progressive until 2008 when he became a libertarian. He's an intellectual guy, and some progressives really like him.

Edit: We should all email bomb Beck about how Cain was a fed chairman and likely still has contacts with the Fed. If he aired that, Cain would probably lose some tea party steam, and Beck has been pretty anti-fed lately.

trey4sports
05-06-2011, 06:42 PM
No way Demint endorses Paul. No way

He was talking up the libertarians vs. Republicans meme on Hannity last night

nocompromises
05-07-2011, 03:25 PM
He has some good ideas and presents a lot of legitimate evidence, but his attacks on Ron Paul last time around are unforgivable.

nocompromises
05-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm keeping an open mind on Beck, but remaining cautious. I fully expect him to call someone like Cain a libertarian and throw his support behind them rather than Ron Paul.

The problem with someone like Glenn Beck is that they cannot get it through their heads that...

1) Drugs and other victimless crimes should be legalized.

2) We should not police the world.

Those are his biggest hang ups against Ron Paul. Those two are the biggest hang ups most Republicans have against him. But the fact of the matter is that you cannot be a TRUE Republican unless you support drugs being legalized and bringing our troops home!

Adrock
05-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Possible endorsements:

Sarah Palin: Would be huge. Seems nice enough but too politically damaged to run. Has some appreciation for libertarian ideas. She also endorsed Rand for Senate last cycle. Could happen if Bachmann doesn't run.

Glenn Beck: Really big also. Beck is all over the map but has seemed to have a quasi-libertarian streak as of late. Toss up endorsement.

Jim Demint: Not too likely but would be incredibly helpful. Especially in South Carolina obviously.

Big one would be Johnson dropping out and endorsing Ron. It is great having both on stage for the debate but it would suck to split the libertarian-oriented Republican vote at all.

Verrater
05-07-2011, 03:55 PM
2) We should not police the world.

Actually he's conceded that point twice now and supports non intervention.

nocompromises
05-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Actually he's conceded that point twice now and supports non intervention.

I don't believe that. He still considers the military budget to be untouchable. He admitted on TV he still considers the military to be a holy cow.

Verrater
05-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I don't believe that. He still considers the military budget to be untouchable. He admitted on TV he still considers the military to be a holy cow.

Well i can't change your beliefs but that's what he's said.

nocompromises
05-07-2011, 04:12 PM
If he brings Ron Paul on the show and admits Paul was right to oppose the War in Iraq, I might believe that.

Tinnuhana
05-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Maybe some people should call him and ask him why his views have changed. If he's waffling because he thinks the caller is a neo-con former supporter, then we'll know.
Also, you could call and ask him about the, say, top three things that changed his mind about libertarian ideas in the past four years. Give him the chance to say "Ron Paul"

BlackTerrel
05-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I am not at all a fan of Beck but even I admit this would be big. He gets like 15 million a day on his radio show.

johnpp2
05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Don't be delusional. He is firmly in the camp of The Empire. They found him when he was an alcoholic in the gutter, and they made him rich as their controlled opposition. He is permanently compromised.

Suzu
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Don't be delusional. He is firmly in the camp of The Empire. They found him when he was an alcoholic in the gutter, and they made him rich as their controlled opposition. He is permanently compromised.

What's your explanation for his bringing G. Edward Griffin on his TV show (and then losing said show)?

wowrevolution
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
All Beck has to do is start calling Ron Paul the Republican Frontrunner and Paul wins. He doesn't even have to openly say he supports him. Just call him the frontrunner.

nolvorite
05-07-2011, 09:56 PM
So Glenn Beck is finally on our side. yay

or has he always been a libertarian? The shift of ideology was pretty quick man

johnpp2
05-08-2011, 07:23 AM
He started bringing people like that on pandering for viewers, but Glenn Beck's job was to keep people watching corporate media who would otherwise have turned it off completely. He will dance all around the truth but will never cross the line into supporting positions that actually do real damage to the establishment. So many naive Ron Paul supporters have been waiting and hoping for years now that Glenn Beck will suddenly "come around" and turn his audience into Ron Paul supporters. That will never happen so long as he is on the Bilderberg payroll. It's completely counterintuitive. Instead, what they are doing with Beck is playing with you like a cat batting around its prey, delaying you from turning the television completely off. Remember, they don't really care if everybody finds out what they are up to, so long as they don't find out until it's too late to stop it. Glenn Beck's job is to keep people away from Alex Jones and other commentators who are going "all the way" and actually threatening their empire. They are doing the same thing with Judge Napolitano. They know the majority of their anti-establishment audience has seen through Glenn Beck, so they cannot win them back over to him. Instead, they will slowly pump up Napolitano (but not fast enough to be a real threat) as a replacement to keep you in the matrix, hoping and waiting for the TV Messiah to save the country, but it will never happen. To me, Ron Paul supporters still waiting for a Fox personality to become one of us is a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome. TV is an addiction, so you will have to endure the shakes to let go of it, but, once you come off it you can finally see things for how they really are.

R3volutionJedi
05-08-2011, 07:32 AM
What's your explanation for his bringing G. Edward Griffin on his TV show (and then losing said show)?

That's what I was thinkiing. He brought him on the sholw and I was like: YES!!!!, but then he lost his show....hmmmmm

johnpp2
05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
That's what I was thinkiing. He brought him on the sholw and I was like: YES!!!!, but then he lost his show....hmmmmm

Also, bringing on G Edward Griffin right before the show is canceled, which was already planned, will cause a lot of people who were on the fence to believe he is real and listen to his radio show.

Suzu
05-08-2011, 08:18 AM
So many naive Ron Paul supporters have been waiting and hoping for years now that Glenn Beck will suddenly "come around" and turn his audience into Ron Paul supporters. That will never happen so long as he is on the Bilderberg payroll.

Do you really think they've got a "payroll"? Please explain how that works.

TV is an addiction, so you will have to endure the shakes to let go of it, but, once you come off it you can finally see things for how they really are.

I stopped watching TV before 1970, so my vision must be pretty good by now, eh?.;)

johnpp2
05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Do you really think they've got a "payroll"? Please explain how that works.

Beck gets his paycheck from Newscorp, and control of that organization trickles down from Rupert Murdoch. If you don't think Murdoch is in league with the Bilderbergs or Elite Establishment, whatever you want to call it, that's pretty wishful thinking. When you work for somebody else, you don't make the rules--your employer does--so I don't know what makes people think all these commentators get to set their own agendas. Murdoch employs Hannity, Shepard Smith, Geraldo Rivera, and all those blondes that dutifully read telemprompters loaded with State Department talking points, so it's a little illogical to expect any of their co-workers to be allowed to work towards a different agenda than the ruler of the network. Fox is funded by commercials from the same globalist corporations as the rest of the corporate media outlets, so there is no way it can against their interests.

I stopped watching TV before 1970, so my vision must be pretty good by now, eh?.;)

If you stopped watching it, why are we still talking about it? I couldn't care less what Glenn Beck or any of those minions think or say, and we would all set a better example by ignoring them than wasting our time discussing them.

Brian4Liberty
05-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Last week Beck talked about having Ron on his radio show. He said they would not hold back on Ron, and that Pat was chomping at the bit to have at Ron.

reduen
05-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Beck said that the reason that most Libertarians would not accept him is that many of them advocate the position of total liberty without accepting the personal responsibility that he believes come with it. Is this true of most "pure libertarians"? If so I agree with him, if not he must be educated... (Simple as that..)

thomas-in-ky
05-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Me too. Beck, Palin and Demint are a must.

So true. Palin and Demint rallied for Rand here in Ky and it made a huge difference.