PDA

View Full Version : Fox News tries to throw Ron under the bus again.

OrokuSaki
05-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Anyone read this krap?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/06/gop-debate-team-obama-taking-notes/#dsq-new-post

After the First GOP Debate, Team Obama Should Be Taking Notes
By Kevin McCullough

Published May 06, 2011

One thing is clear from the first presidential debate for the GOP candidates--at least of the ones who chose to be there--President Obama's days are numbered.

With only five of the declared candidates for the GOP nomination in attendance, and notably a weaker field in terms of name recognition, gravitas, and moxy, the ninety minutes went by with a surprising amount of substance being diligently discussed.

In other words facts, issues, circumstances, and policies will not be merely side shows in the 2012 campaign. And if the second tier candidates realize this in spades, imagine how the more forceful candidates, or potential candidates will add to the chorus that was clearly begun tonight: "President Obama has been a disaster and it's time to choose a different direction."

Kudos to Bret Baier and Team Washington from Fox News for pouring substance into just about every question asked. Chris Wallace, Shannon Bream, and Juan Williams asked pointed, direct questions, and pressed for direct answers.

Though pressing wasn't all that necessary given how eagerly and transparently the participants put forward their ideas.
On style, smoothness, preparedness, and performance many will give the win on the debate to former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty. He communicated well, handled a variety of issues to the general liking of most conservatives and on the question that would likely hurt him the most--a Chris Wallace query on seemingly conflicting positions on cap and trade legislation--he was candid and humble. A lesson the current President could learn much from.

Senator Rick Santorum gave what the GOP has come to expect from him, knowledgeable answers, an emphasis on the dangers posed by Iran, and the champion fighter for all things of social and moral values. Santorum was particularly effective in linking social values issues to the very core definition and belief of what it means to be, uniquely, American.

Ron Paul was the libertarian crank, and as expected--denouncing the fed, calling for it's end, denouncing all extraneous military action taking place across the global war on terror, giving his approval to gay marriage, prostitution, and of course, the attempt to legalize heroin.

Gary Johnson came off as whiny, a poor sport, and pretty much a one note pony somewhat incapable of moving off the topic of "cost benefit" analysis.

Businessman and former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain came off effective and winsome, perhaps the surprise of the night--especially for people that had not heard from him previously.

A first of sorts in the format was the opportunity to rebuff potential or declared candidates who did not show for the proceedings. Tim Pawlenty was asked early on about the albatross that will dog Gov. Romney every day he is in the race--the failure of Romney-care that in essence served as the blueprint for Obamacare. Pawlenty deftly side-stepped criticizing Romney directly while going on to destroy the very definition of the health care reform plans of both RomneyCare and ObamaCare.

Herman Cain was asked about his endorsement of Governor Romney in 2008, in his response he cited Romney's business abilities and prowess to create jobs, but went on to say that the Governor had lost in 2008 and now it was his time as a businessman to bring new effort to the fight.

Ron Paul dissed Michele Bachmann, Gary Johnson got in stabs at both Donald Trump and Sarah Palin while trying to fill time in coming up with an answer to the question of what his reality show would look like.

And Tim Pawlenty surprisingly uttered, "I LOVE THE HUCK!" He was equally effusive about Governor Huckabee's wife, family, and former opportunities to work together on issues as governors.

The truth is that none of the candidates in this debate will be president in 2013. But from their status as strong bench players for the team that is still largely on the sidelines, they put in a tremendous performance on articulating answers to the biggest challenges facing us, and when these debates start happening with the "starters" on the field, Team Obama had better be taking notes.

As Herman Cain revealed--the one decision of taking down Bin Ladin, will not be the totality of the presidential argument. And as all of the candidates indicated--economic recovery not yet realized makes America weaker by the day.

So notice has been served, the journey begun, and the incumbent--coming off his biggest win in office to date--is back to playing defense.

OrokuSaki
05-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Fox News sucks so bad. They took a good answer regarding the heroin issue, and the big applaud, and made it sound like oh yeah and by the way... Lets do some heroin. Bastards. I wish we could write our opinions on their site. They also removed commenting?

HOLLYWOOD
05-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Ehhhhhhhhhh...
And Tim Pawlenty surprisingly uttered, "I LOVE THE HUCK!" He was equally effusive about Governor Huckabee's wife, family, and former opportunities to work together on issues as governors.I'm smelling a FOX FIX of a contrived rescue of the GOP 2012 by Huckabee and his overlords...

smithtg
05-06-2011, 07:35 AM
why worry about stupid articles like this, I mean journalism is just the opinion of the writer. Fox reports "facts" just as little as all the other MSM - move on

dean.engelhardt
05-06-2011, 07:35 AM
What is this sudden tie of heroin and RP?

idirtify
05-06-2011, 07:43 AM

A big SPIN, that's what.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I commented on that. They are trying to make Bachmann supporters not like him as well, by first trying to get Ron to diss her, asking if she had 'eclipsed him' then pretending he dissed her, when he never did.

iamse7en
05-06-2011, 08:07 AM

They know RP is too principled to dodge the question, so they do what they can to paint him as a radical. But RP handled it beautifully.

moostraks
05-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Another ridiculous season of Fox news bashing Dr.Paul...GRR!

kazmlsj
05-06-2011, 08:18 AM
It's an opinion piece. Don't take the bait. If those are the kinds of analyses being made - so be it.

Remember 2007 - nothing has changed with the MSM.

We need to handle it differently and basically ignore them. Bullies hate to be ignored.

We also need ways to get around the MSM and keep the message out there for the public - clear, layman's terms.

Carehn
05-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Whats scary about Fox is they are better and more trust worthy then the others. This allows them to get away with much bigger falsehoods. Its the same reason people should fear the republicans more then the democrats. The republicans have much more refined rhetoric and put the people to sleep, getting away with much more then the dems.

In the end it will be the right wing of tyranny that smashes this country.

ARealConservative
05-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Whats scary about Fox is they are better and more trust worthy then the others. This allows them to get away with much bigger falsehoods. Its the same reason people should fear the republicans more then the democrats. The republicans have much more refined rhetoric and put the people to sleep, getting away with much more then the dems.

left wing tyranny is what has us on our knees.

policing the world.

fiat money

cradle to grave governance.

Carehn
05-06-2011, 08:28 AM
i agree and maybe the term "right wing tyranny" comes off wrong because most on this site know what truly is right wing. What i mean is the false right will be in charge when tyranny really takes hold. That is my thought. People trust the republicrats for some reason.

dean.engelhardt
05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
They know RP is too principled to dodge the question, so they do what they can to paint him as a radical. But RP handled it beautifully.

I think he handled it great too. But I'm pissed at fox. Ron Paul as a medical doctor and U.S. Representative has dedicated his life to improve the lives of others. This question was a dirty attempt to to paint him as dangerous.

moostraks
05-06-2011, 09:43 AM
left wing tyranny is what has us on our knees.

policing the world.

fiat money

cradle to grave governance.

Really? You believe that the right is any different?

moostraks
05-06-2011, 09:48 AM

FOX news is no different than the other networks. You might believe they are better but it is only because they are selling you the news you want to hear. They are not any more trustworthy than their competition and plenty of folks have taken the time to document its falsehoods including court cases. As for right wing-left wing it's parts of the same bird and it doesn't matter which angle you are looking at it from....

dbill27
05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Am I the only one here that loves heroin? I'm basically a one issue voter, and for me, it's heroin.

kahless
05-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Last night was a blatant effort by Foxnews to descredit Paul. I talked to a few undecided seniors who are big fans of Foxnews and they were pretty outraged by the treatment of Paul. They did not understand it since this is coming from people that believe FNC personable hosts are the good fair and balanced guys that represent them. (unlike MSNBC and CNN where the disdain for Conservatives or Libertarians is obvious)

FNC is worried that Ron is gaining and are being very calculated in how they can stop his momentum.