PDA

View Full Version : Loans for Paul?

mport1
10-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Don't know how feasible this would be but this is a possible way to get a lot of extra donations. There are a lot of people who want to donate more money but aren't able to because they are poor college kids or don't have the funds right now. Maybe those who have some extra cash would be willing to loan other supporters money (they could make a contract or something) so that we could donate now and pay back later. When people get out of college and get jobs or more funds start rolling in for others they would be able to pay back the loan. Not sure how this would really work, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there because I bet some college kids over at Facebook would be willing to throw down a few hundred more dollars if they could pay it back when they had real jobs.

cmc
10-26-2007, 07:22 PM
prosper.com might be your best bet.

Adamsa
10-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Don't like the idea of people getting into debt to fund Ron.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
First, I doubt it is legal by FEC regs.
Second, it does go against the spirit of Ron's whole financial mindset.
Creative, though.

Sean
10-26-2007, 08:13 PM
It is best to do it under the table due to FEC.

me3
10-26-2007, 08:18 PM
It is best to do it under the table due to FEC.
Yeah, and be sure to post about it on a public forum. lol

mavtek
10-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Creative, though.

It's legal, and if you use Prosper it goes exactly with Ron Paul's beliefs, but I brought this up a long time ago and was shunned......

Go figure.

centure7
10-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Don't know how feasible this would be but this is a possible way to get a lot of extra donations. There are a lot of people who want to donate more money but aren't able to because they are poor college kids or don't have the funds right now. Maybe those who have some extra cash would be willing to loan other supporters money (they could make a contract or something) so that we could donate now and pay back later. When people get out of college and get jobs or more funds start rolling in for others they would be able to pay back the loan. Not sure how this would really work, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there because I bet some college kids over at Facebook would be willing to throw down a few hundred more dollars if they could pay it back when they had real jobs.

"Never spend your money before you have earned it."
- Thomas Jefferson

TexMac
10-26-2007, 08:58 PM

What about jobs? what if we offer jobs to RP supporters who need extra money?

peacemonger
10-26-2007, 09:16 PM
This talk about not going into debt for Ron Paul is B.S. I'm a student with $65,000 in loans and another $10,000 in credit card debt. REALLY.... Think about it. What the hell does $2300 more Federal Reserve Notes matter. Its a lot better to have liberty with debt than it is to have no liberty and no debt.

I just heard that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan so far have cost each American (man, woman, and child) $8,000 dollars not to mention the 3,500+ dead and 30,000+ severely wounded.

How much money would you borrow and donate in order to avoid being drafted into a war for the neo-con fascist agenda? I agree, debt sucks, but the idea of a neo-con fascist America sucks even more.

Borrow, Borrow, Borrow
Donate, Donate, Donate
Put it on your credit card

When the dollar bubble bursts and our economy collapses, $2300 will only buy you a beer and a movie anyway.

Peace be with you
God bless Ron Paul

max
10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Don't like the idea of people getting into debt to fund Ron.

By funding ROn you will actually be getting all of OUT OF DEBT because we can eliminate the income tax and the Federal Reserve...the two chief reasons why Americans are in debt.

max
10-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Creative, though.

Screw the FEC...rebellion against tyranny is a higher law than regs designed to limit free speech.

The FEC is only a problem if you announce publicly that you are funneling money.

me3
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM
The FEC is only a problem if you announce publicly that you are funneling money.
You mean like in this public thread?

kylejack
10-26-2007, 10:15 PM
This is not illegal.