PDA

View Full Version : Rally in Ames, Iowa Oct 26

risiusj
10-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Success!

At first the national campaign was pessimistic about the rally in Ames. The original plan was to hold the rally in a smaller room that held about 200 people. Then if, IF, that room got filled we would move to a larger room that held 400. This was because a small room filled is better than a large room empty, of course.
That plan changed. It was decided to hold in the bigger room from the start, but with only 300 chairs out. Then if, IF, the seats filled we could get the extra 100 chairs out.
I'm no expert on head counting, but I'd say there was 50-100 people standing in the back.

The crowd was a little restless during the intro speeches by the Iowa Chairman and National Chairman, and I believe this is due to a lot of new faces to the revolution that were there.
Once Ron Paul got out there you could feel a lot more energy. Not quite the energy like the rally in Des Moines a few months ago, but overall quite good.

As of now, there are 70 members of Team Ron Paul, the campus organization. I hope to see that increase dramatically.

Tonight was a small victory. But we need more troops in Iowa. We need to get the word out to as many college students as we can. We are the wild card this election.

If you can help, there is an email campaign that some of us here at the forums have been working on to contact Iowa college students.
PM me if you're interested in helping email and introduce students to the good Dr.

JPFromTally
10-26-2007, 07:25 PM
So are you saying there were around 500 people there?

Psyclone
10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
According the the campaign worker who was supposed to be counting people, the total number who came to the room was 650, and I believe it. People were standing all over the sides of the room and they filled the back as well. We got about twice as many people as was expected. It was really exciting!!!

risiusj
10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I'd say right at 500 would be a good estimate.
It's not a Michigan or USC rally, but hey, it's a Friday night in the middle of Iowa.

Edit: Ok, 650. Even better!

shepburn
10-26-2007, 07:57 PM
great!

do we have a youtube link?

me3
10-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Folks, I am slowly working on the email campaign (one of many). It is perfect for people with day jobs in front of the computer. Rather than harassing Red State or commenting on negative articles, it's very easy to send off some emails each day and know that you are not only helping to build name recognition, as one of the email coordinators wrote,

One thing to keep in mind is that a single e-mail could result in 10, 20, or even 50 additional Ron Paul votes if the person is receptive and spreads the word to family and friends. What we are doing here can literally change the course of the Iowa Caucuses.

Participate! It's easy and useful!

Bobby Johnson
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Folks, I am slowly working on the email campaign (one of many). It is perfect for people with day jobs in front of the computer. Rather than harassing Red State or commenting on negative articles, it's very easy to send off some emails each day and know that you are not only helping to build name recognition, as one of the email coordinators wrote,

Participate! It's easy and useful!

Are you working on the same email campaign that the OP is involved with?

me3
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes... Sorry, I meant that I was one of many working on the campaign, not one of many campaigns.

Dustancostine
10-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes... Sorry, I meant that I was one of many working on the campaign, not one of many campaigns.

What kind of response have you been getting?

--Dustan

me3
10-26-2007, 08:48 PM
What kind of response have you been getting?

--Dustan
To date, I got one response, but the email I have been sending has been directing people to ronpaul2008, a new hope and meetup. I'm not really soliciting a response back to me, but I do offer to provide more info if they want it.

IIRC, I'm just one of 14 people emailing now. We could reach a lot of people with double that number.

risiusj
10-26-2007, 08:53 PM
We truly are running out of time with this email campaign biz.
We really only have the month of November left to get to the college students.

If you've got spare time during your help would be greatly appreciated. PM and I can help get you started.

Dustancostine
10-26-2007, 09:01 PM
How do I sign up? I how do I sign up others?

me3
10-26-2007, 09:03 PM
We truly are running out of time with this email campaign biz.
We really only have the month of November left to get to the college students.

If you've got spare time during your help would be greatly appreciated. PM and I can help get you started.
Read the post above yours.

Bobby Johnson
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
How do I sign up? I how do I sign up others?

Whoops. My mistake. The question is already answered.

Anyway, I am thinking about signing up as well. I won't be able to start until early next week, though. I'll send a PM when I am ready.

Dustancostine
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks

Badger Paul
10-26-2007, 10:01 PM
It is easy to do and I urge people to get involved please if you're inclined to campaign from your computer.

I set out 300 emails last night advertising this event plus another 100 a couple of days ago. I've done 500 so far.

Now send 500 emails to me risiusj, you know the email address.