PDA

View Full Version : Tom Woods on the Moneybomb

Zatch
05-06-2011, 01:46 AM
The Ron Paul Moneybomb

The Ron Paul Debate Day Moneybomb has raised just over $1 million, a very substantial achievement. The initial goal was $2 million. One thing that would help fundraising substantially is some kind of indication that the money will be better spent this time. Many people went into considerable debt last time in order to max out to the campaign, only to see amateurish TV ads, squandered opportunities, legions of unreturned phone calls, and so on. These good people deserve better. Will things be different this time? Will the personnel change, in light of the 2008 campaign’s problems, or will we see the same names again? Will there be the kind of debate rehearsal and coaching that goes on in other campaigns? This kind of information would go a long way toward reassuring the grassroots that the official campaign is a good place to send their money.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/the-ron-paul-moneybomb/

Maximus
05-06-2011, 02:01 AM
To me, the Rand Paul campaign shows that we have learned our lessons.

eduardo89
05-06-2011, 02:04 AM
They better spend money on buses for Ames!!

Indy Vidual
05-06-2011, 02:12 AM
...This kind of information would go a long way toward reassuring the grassroots that the official campaign is a good place to send their money.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/the-ron-paul-moneybomb/

To me, the Rand Paul campaign shows that we have learned our lessons.

+10
Learn from past mistakes

lynnf
05-06-2011, 02:33 AM
yet we see the same old problems for Ron in this debate that we saw in the 2008 round of debates - not responding well. so, unless we see some rapid improvement, we will see the same result. anyone listening out there?

steph3n
05-06-2011, 02:36 AM
yet we see the same old problems for Ron in this debate that we saw in the 2008 round of debates - not responding well. so, unless we see some rapid improvement, we will see the same result. anyone listening out there?

I am only in $25 this time. I maxed out last, and am in a position where if I see the light, I can again. But, there has to be a big change from now, not just in campaign but in US citizens reception to a liberty candidate.

I am not going to waste my money for nothing.

tpreitzel
05-06-2011, 03:16 AM
I am only in $25 this time. I maxed out last, and am in a position where if I see the light, I can again. But, there has to be a big change from now, not just in campaign but in US citizens reception to a liberty candidate.

Wise and spread what resources one has among other candidates as well. As a result of our past efforts, we have a large number of well-known candidates available to run in various locations around the US.

lynnf
05-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Wise and spread what resources one has among other candidates as well. As a result of our past efforts, we have a large number of well-known candidates available to run in various locations around the US.

yes, and how much MORE would we have or could we get if Ron would bump his game up a bit? to play with the big boys, you have to bump your game up or go home.

and, as any top chef can tell you, presentation makes all the difference. hence, how cain is perceived as the winner of the debate.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 05:50 AM
I read this last night and was surprised at Woods. the grassroots put this on and didn't have a $2 mill goal, that was just the end point of the ticker when it came up. This sort of 'missed a goal' is specifically WHY we didn't have a goal -- we knew he hadn't fully declared and many haven't really started thinking about the election yet. We didn't know how much would come in. $1 million at this stage is great imho.

thedude
05-06-2011, 05:57 AM
I read this last night and was surprised at Woods. the grassroots put this on and didn't have a $2 mill goal, that was just the end point of the ticker when it came up. This sort of 'missed a goal' is specifically WHY we didn't have a goal -- we knew he hadn't fully declared and many haven't really started thinking about the election yet. We didn't know how much would come in. $1 million at this stage is great imho.

I keep reminding people it's May and currently an exploratory committee. I see yesterday's achievement as a great success. Not to mention the 'polling' numbers look quite favorable this early too.

skilt
05-06-2011, 06:02 AM
I hear you, but, I believe that even if the money was not perfectly spent last time, how much mileage did we get out of the donations. We donated >30 million, and frankly- if you would tell me the issues we want talked about daily would be being presented on a national stage like they have for the last two years - I would say it is money well spent. This is not an election cycle struggle, this is a generational struggle - and it's going to need our support, financial and otherwise to be successful. I think winning is a low probability, but I will give every last cent I can - and my energy as well. How's that for a run on sentence.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 06:02 AM

None with anywhere near the chance Ron has either to win or to impact the debate.

steph3n
05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
None with anywhere near the chance Ron has either to win or to impact the debate.

Which is exactly why I decided to give something. Honestly I'd sworn off even voting after the mid term elections here in TX, such horrible candidates.

Seeing some glimmer of hope has sparked a little, we'll see.

RCA
05-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm not sending a penny until I see substantial differences from 2008. You know the saying about doing the same thing expecting different results. If "ulterior motive" Benton is still pulling the strings, then you can count me out.

S.Shorland
05-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Ron does use 50 words when 10 would do but it's his nature.The base of th philosophy is so simple: the non aggression principle and self ownership that really any thinking person should be able to write Ron's position on all subjects after five minutes' thought.It seems hard to make it complicated enough so that even a cretin couldn't understand it all immediately.

steph3n
05-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm not sending a penny until I see substantial differences from 2008. You know the saying about doing the same thing expecting different results. If "ulterior motive" Benton is still pulling the strings, then you can count me out.

Benton did a good job with Rand though, but Rand has a bit of a different personality then Ron.

RCA
05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Benton did a good job with Rand though, but Rand has a bit of a different personality then Ron.

I thought Rand had a legit campaign staff as well. The fact that Benton was "on the roster" means nothing if there were pros standing beside him.

Jeremy
05-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Tom Woods criticizes amateur TV ads, yet he supports the idea of having this supporters make ads? I still don't think that's a good idea.

smartguy911
05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Will there be the kind of debate rehearsal and coaching that goes on in other campaigns?

Dr. Paul still needs coaching on his answers. He needs a new suit too that fits him. His answers should be smooth and clear.

steph3n
05-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Dr. Paul still needs coaching on his answers. He needs a new suit too that fits him. His answers should be smooth and clear.

Exactly.

People need to understand 'coaching' doesn't mean changing your stance, or anything remotely like that, it means changing the delivery and cadence, optimizing the wording and being clear and to the point.

gls
05-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree with Woods. I made a small donation yesterday but before I donate any substantial amount of my hard-earned money I will need to see a list of staff comprised of experienced, successful, mainstream professionals as well as a media team that has a solid portfolio of high quality, hard hitting production work.

pacelli
05-06-2011, 03:26 PM

I dropped 20 when he formed exploratory, and 20 yesterday before the debate. Other than than, I am with you. And I am NOT a supporter of any other candidate. I will ONLY vote for Ron Paul. Period. If Ron Paul drops dead and Rand Paul takes his place, then I will vote for his son. I too need to see a substantial difference from 07-08, when I maxed out to both his presidential and congressional campaigns.

FSP-Rebel
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
It is rather odd for such a personable candidate like Ron to have personnel that almost seem completely shut off from outside contact like the grassroots. If the heavyweight donors are holding back because of staff incompetency, we need to nip this in the bud ASAP.

speciallyblend
05-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Tom Woods could of made up the difference if he wasn't happy with the results ! who needs msm , we have tom woods!!!

Feeding the Abscess
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Let's get this message to Tom Woods:

Instead of criticizing Ron publicly, approach him and offer your services. We'll kick 100k to pay for it.

I don't want Doug Wead, I'd rather avoid people who worked for Bush.

I'd rather have people who are legitimately on our side.

gls
05-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't want Doug Wead, I'd rather avoid people who worked for Bush.

I'd rather have people who are legitimately on our side.

I disagree. Bush was successfully elected to the presidency twice. You can't argue with results.

From reading his blog Wead appears to have "come around" quite a bit, but honestly is that all that important? What matters to me is that he is someone who understands how to play the game, and he may be able to help develop a specific, viable strategy for actually pulling off a victory.

KramerDSP
05-06-2011, 04:51 PM
If Ron Paul looked like Mitt Romney and talked like Tom Woods, he would be the President without any doubt. Why can't we demand Tom Woods be a part of the campaign team as an adviser or debate coach? The grassroots has given Ron $4 million thus far.

Eric21ND
05-06-2011, 05:05 PM
My thoughts exactly. Get a top notch team. Ron needs to practice debating every single question in a setting befitting a front running candidate.

Wesker1982
05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
We should get a Ron Paul submarine this time

BamaAla
05-06-2011, 05:17 PM

I agree. Don't get me wrong; I donated last night and will max out soon, but is it really too much to ask for our guy to get a decent Italian tailor with some of these millions?

Napoleon's Shadow
06-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I think my signature proves that the campaign is on the right direction!