PDA

View Full Version : Was Ron not given economic questions on purpose?

Vessol
05-06-2011, 12:51 AM
I noticed that none of the questions directed to Ron Paul were about the economy.

They were all about either Foreign Policy and Social Issues. This is something they KNOW that Ron differs widely with most Republicans.

However, it's very well known that Ron Paul is huge on the economic issue and has widespread support for his positions. Yet, he was not asked a SINGLE question about the economy.

Yet, Herman Cain received every single question that was related to the economy.

It was acknowledged that the economy is the biggest issue right now. Why didn't they let Ron speak on these issues?

Agorism
05-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Nice oberservation

Batman
05-06-2011, 12:54 AM
If people found out Ron has been talking this way for years the others wouldn't have stood a chance. I notice no questions about the FED were asked.

Bruno
05-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Agreed, others had noticed the same thing.

Additionlly, Cain was asked a question regarding Ron Paul's stance on the immigration issue, and yet didn't give Ron a chance to even give a rebuttal.

Batman
05-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Hermann Goering Cain got an inordinate amount of questions altogether. Johnson was clearly marginalized and Ron Paul got a lot of snide looks from the questioners. They're setting up Hermann to be the third possible front-runner. He's Diet Ron Paul, with less Ron Paul taste.

Texan4Life
05-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Agreed, others had noticed the same thing.

Additionlly, Cain was asked a question regarding Ron Paul's stance on the immigration issue, and yet didn't give Ron a chance to even give a rebuttal.

+1

dsentell
05-06-2011, 01:06 AM
. . . Ron Paul got a lot of snide looks from the questioners.

I noticed that, too. In particular, Bret Baier . . . :(

Agorism
05-06-2011, 01:08 AM
He's still better than Brit Hume.

Batman
05-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Better than that yellow journalist who asked if Paul had any electability.

Agorism
05-06-2011, 01:17 AM
They also put T-Paw in the center despite his low polling. Then to his left and right were Santorum and Cain who poll even worse. On the sides were Johnson and Pul

Batman
05-06-2011, 01:24 AM
I like how Johnson and Paul were on the "outside wings" of the stage.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-06-2011, 01:25 AM
nt

Bruno
05-06-2011, 01:28 AM
I like how Johnson and Paul were on the "outside wings" of the stage.

Noted as well.

Would be intersting to see a graphical representation of the amount of questions asked of those "fringe" candidates on the edges compared to the three center stage.

Because this event was a lynching masquerading as a debate to thin out the field early with sinkable sound bytes.

+ rep

A thinly-veiled one, at that.

Batman
05-06-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm going to make up a number from my rear and say that Hermann and Tim got about 60% of the questions to themselves.

Agorism
05-06-2011, 01:37 AM
T-Paw: Tell us solutions to the economy.

Paul: Please tell us about heroin legalization and prostitution, goat $%^##%^, satan worshipping, and of course your plan to surrender to the terrorists.

Cain: Please tell us about Paul's immigration stances as well as the economy

Johnson!: You're just here for us to snicker at. *snicker*
...........*snicker*

Batman
05-06-2011, 01:52 AM
And so the blind leads the blind.

MaxPower
05-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Nearly all of the questions to Ron Paul were on controversial issues where he's known to be an outlier. They went out of their way to highlight points on which Republican voters are likely to disagree with him.

Batman
05-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Early sabotage. Ron defended himself pretty well, but it was a very well coordinated attack. I thought with Ron's breadth of economic understanding he would crush the competition and people would see Ron Paul as the one product that could have averted their buyer's remorse back in '08. I don't want to be pessimistic, but our ship's hull has been breached with a good volley.

If we want to stay competitive in this race we need to deploy some big guns early on. An official endorsement from Rand Paul as soon as possible would go a long way. Sooner, rather than later, while Rand's popularity is still fresh in the minds of the Tea Party.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 06:10 AM
I am certain Fox baited him on what GOP primary viewers see as the 'kooky' side of libertarianism and avoided where SC would absolutely love him on person.

sailingaway
05-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Early sabotage. Ron defended himself pretty well, but it was a very well coordinated attack. I thought with Ron's breadth of economic understanding he would crush the competition and people would see Ron Paul as the one product that could have averted their buyer's remorse back in '08. I don't want to be pessimistic, but our ship's hull has been breached with a good volley.

If we want to stay competitive in this race we need to deploy some big guns early on. An official endorsement from Rand Paul as soon as possible would go a long way. Sooner, rather than later, while Rand's popularity is still fresh in the minds of the Tea Party.

I think they should hold off on that. It will come, but I think Ron needs a chance to show his economic side so when Rand endorses him people agree with it. People know he will endorse his Dad.

More, I think Ron has to remember the primary voter and not be tempted into philosophical social issues that are never going to happen -- like widespread heroin legalization, even though Wallace pressed on that point. Ron's answer was hilarious, but it might have been better to say 'the states should be free to make their own laws and do you really think South Carolina is likely to legalize those any time soon?'

A. Havnes
05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Nearly all of the questions to Ron Paul were on controversial issues where he's known to be an outlier. They went out of their way to highlight points on which Republican voters are likely to disagree with him.

This. My mom is a huge social conservative and fundamentalist who believes the government has the power at the federal level to dictate morality. Okay, so maybe not that extreme, but while Ron can say, "I'm personally against such-and-such and using drugs, etc., I don't think the government can stop people," my mom would say, "While the government can't stop people, it would be morally unthinkable if it didn't even try!" Ron Paul lost a lot of points with her during this debate and she voted for him last year. Tim Pawlenty also lost points with her because he thought it should be up to the local schools, the community, and the parents to decide whether creationism should be taught.

A. Havnes
05-06-2011, 06:46 AM
T-Paw: Tell us solutions to the economy.

Paul: Please tell us about heroin legalization and prostitution, goat $%^##%^, satan worshipping, and of course your plan to surrender to the terrorists.

Cain: Please tell us about Paul's immigration stances as well as the economy

Johnson!: You're just here for us to snicker at. *snicker*
...........*snicker*

Sorry for the double-post, but this was too funny!

JP2010
05-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Ron simply needs to redirect the question and answer whichever question he wants:

question "Why are you for gay marriage"

Ron "Because that is liberty. Now, since I am the chair of the monetary policy subcommittee, let me answer your question directed at another candidate..."

HOLLYWOOD
05-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Ron made a fool of FOX NEWS CORP darling puppet John McCain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdLO3jKkPo

belian78
05-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Meh, it was a fox debate so we knew what it was going in. I knew they would ask Ron a few question to set him at odds with the primary voter base, but Ron answered the questions he got very well.

The debates were never where we got a majority of our base from last time, it was through the grassroots work we did in our own areas. Personally, I'm going to focus on that aspect this time and not so much what media pundits have to say, people react better when they're face to face with someone anyway.

I've already got 3 businesses in my town going to pass out my fliers to recruit for grassroots work, and I have almost 20 people ready to go. I've got a few fundraisers planned and an email/phone number for people to call locally with questions about Rons stances. So it looks like I've already git my work cut out for me, and its only day one. :D