PDA

View Full Version : Why the 4th of July is a bad date for the money bomb

dbill27
05-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Heavy travel day, most people aren't at home or on a computer that day. People are looking forward to that day for other reasons, people are already planning on wasting money that day etc....

I know their is already another 4th of July thread but I think we need to pick another date and fast. We have momentum right now, people are excited that we hit a million, the facebook page is still buzzing. Everyone's asking when the next one will be.

How about July 9th? Its a little known fact that this was the day that George Washington read aloud the declaration of independence to his troops in New York.

dvictr
05-05-2011, 11:46 PM
+1 agree

Gage
05-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I agree on the July 4th point.

ForLibertyFight
05-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Completely agree

dbill27
05-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I was kinda just throwing the july 9th date out there, but i like it the more i think about it. We'll have the entire july 4th period to hit up any large patriotic events and spread the word about the money bomb. It's just long enough away to start hyping it and getting everyone to save money, it's on a saturday (day after pay day). No one in the media will know why we chose july 9th. So when Wolf Blitzer asks "Dr.Paul Why did your supporters choose this day of all days to break the records?" He could say that it was on this day in 1776 that Washington ordered the Declaration read to his men to fire them up and now it's time for us to spread the message of independence to the troops once again!

Perry
05-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Even if WE"RE not busy the rest of the U.S. will be. Instead we should all be dressing up Ron Paul floats for our local parades.

Occam's Banana
05-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I was kinda just throwing the july 9th date out there, but i like it the more i think about it. We'll have the entire july 4th period to hit up any large patriotic events and spread the word about the money bomb. It's just long enough away to start hyping it and getting everyone to save money, it's on a saturday (day after pay day). No one in the media will know why we chose july 9th. So when Wolf Blitzer asks "Dr.Paul Why did your supporters choose this day of all days to break the records?" He could say that it was on this day in 1776 that Washington ordered the Declaration read to his men to fire them up and now it's time for us to spread the message of independence to the troops once again!(emphasis mine)

This is an excellent idea. Such a theme/metaphor would be perfect.

I don't think I've got enough rep power for it to matter, but +rep anyway!

Agorism
05-06-2011, 12:48 AM
What about day before Ames straw poll?

Mallory
05-06-2011, 02:13 AM
we will need the funds long before Ames for buses, ads etc.