PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Snubs Hannity's After Debate Party to Attend Tea Party Rally

Zatch
05-05-2011, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YxLMf_S_Lw

FrankRep
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Ron Paul is the Godfather of the Tea Party movement!

He should be there!

virgil47
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Not the smartest thing he has done. Went to see at most a few thousand tea partiers and snubbed 30 million prospective voters.

nobody's_hero
05-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Oh, someone's feelings got hurt, lol.

doodle
05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm amazed why this guy is still on air daily fooling Americans..after all that has been witnessed.

nobody's_hero
05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Not the smartest thing he has done. Went to see at most a few thousand tea partiers and snubbed 30 million prospective voters.

I don't know. Hannity probably would have tried to stack him up against the other candidates and cherry-picked what he liked about Ron as he did in the radio interview a few days ago. Maybe it's better that Ron went to speak to people who were more open-minded.

Then again, 30 million people is a big audience.

Oh well, "damned if you do, damned if you don't.''

zacharyrow
05-05-2011, 10:31 PM
It would have done him no good to be on Hannity. The campaign is a lot smarter this time.

virgil47
05-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I see the 30 million or so prospective voters in Hannity's audience mean nothing to some folks. If RP keeps making these kinds of decisions he will not become better known.

TNforPaul45
05-05-2011, 10:34 PM
He made a big mistake in not going to this. Will bring up memories in Hannity's mind of the snowballs.

Paul should have attended this.

Jeremy
05-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Stop dissing on Hannity, guys. He was just joking around in a good way. I liked that he said Ron was at a T.P. rally.

BamaFanNKy
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm. Hannity just told everyone that Ron chose the Tea Party over Fox News. I don't think that is a bad thing. I think that is VERY good.

Jeremy
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Hmmmm. Hannity just told everyone that Ron chose the Tea Party over Fox News. I don't think that is a bad thing. I think that is VERY good.

Exactly. :D

I like how Fox News told people Ron helped start the tea party too.

zyphex
05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
It is likely Ron Paul had made a prior engagement with the South Carolina Tea Party. The question is this; what will give Ron Paul the most momentum on the national stage, an interview with Hannity or a win in South Carolina. Everything relies on winning one of the first 3 primary states, so I think Ron Paul made the correct decision.

mCsenget
05-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I am agreed with Jeremy. It's not so bad.

Immortal Technique
05-05-2011, 10:39 PM
This is what's known as "Keeping It Real" !

cindy25
05-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Fox news is the Republican audience, yes-they are promoting Cain, and later they will support Romney.

but airtime, even on Hannity, is too valuable to decline

torchbearer
05-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Fox news is the Republican audience, yes-they are promoting Cain, and later they will support Romney.

hannity and oliver north were dissing ron on his radio show. i promise you, ron was better off going to rally his support.

FSP-Rebel
05-05-2011, 11:12 PM
exactly. :d

i like how fox news told people ron helped start the tea party too.

hi5

GunnyFreedom
05-05-2011, 11:13 PM
all politics is local.

trey4sports
05-05-2011, 11:13 PM

If it were fair and non-biased. The only thing the Hannity interview would have shown is that Hannity is a bitch. And Ron Paul would have been painted as a drug-doin, whore-loving libatarian (fucking neo-cons can't seem to put a fucking E and an R in the word) who loves radical muslims and is a pacifist.

TNforPaul45
05-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Hmm....

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-05-2011, 11:25 PM
At this point, I really have zero faith in Fox or Hannity. I was hoping things would be different, but they're not going to give Ron Paul equal treatment. So, IMO Hannity can go suck a snowball. Dr. Paul got his Tea Party cred on the air, and that's a good thing.

goRPaul
05-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Stop dissing on Hannity, guys. He was just joking around in a good way. I liked that he said Ron was at a T.P. rally.

I just wanna slap the smug out of him.

Fermli
05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
maybe Hannity chose not to invite him.

GunnyFreedom
05-05-2011, 11:44 PM
I can say that I like Cain, because he appeals the the workingman, and had a record of making things work. He also knows how the military works and would not have to be trained to be Commander in Chief.

He sounds ok domestically, and as an unpolished not-politician you can be pretty sure he actually means what he says. Then comes the problem.

Cain is still advancing a Wilsonian foreign policy, which if we don't give up on will one day break our own back as a nation. Perhaps sooner than later.

It costs a lot of money to police the planet. At the moment we are indebting our unborn grandchildren to police the world today. How is that going to work out in the end?

debate references: Thomas Jefferson, Robert A Taft, Woodrow Wilson

Perry
05-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm going to go against the grain and say this one feels right. Ron Paul is in demand. Ron Paul is loyal and knows who deserves his time.
Wait for the coming days where more "fair & balanced" interviews await him.

civusamericanus
05-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm glad he went to the Freedom Rally at the Westin, I got to meet Ron Paul and he signed my audio book Liberty Defined! Hannity needs to stand in line for Ron Paul, just like the rest of us!

Rede
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm glad he went to the Freedom Rally at the Westin, I got to meet Ron Paul and he signed my audio book Liberty Defined! Hannity needs to stand in line for Ron Paul, just like the rest of us!

How many people were there?

AJ Antimony
05-06-2011, 12:22 AM

Oh please, like anyone was really watching this debate. On TV I don't remember seeing any ads or hype for it at all.

Bruno
05-06-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George leaves choses to leave the meetings on a high note. Ron did this hear. Hannity's pointing it out in the way he did made it even better. :)

Arklatex
05-06-2011, 12:33 AM
I liked the decision here, the announcement he snubbed them for a tea party was attention grabbing, but i think the big deal here was all the heavyweights weren't there and you know Ron would have stuck around then.

evilfunnystuff
05-06-2011, 12:33 AM

I'm going to go against the grain and say this one feels right. Ron Paul is in demand. Ron Paul is loyal and knows who deserves his time.
Wait for the coming days where more "fair & balanced" interviews await him.

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George leaves choses to leave the meetings on a high note. Ron did this hear. Hannity's pointing it out in the way he did made it even better. :)

ypu yup

Vessol
05-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Poor Hanity is haunted in his dreams by snowballs.

aclove
05-06-2011, 01:08 AM
It was off the hook. Not only was Ron there, but so were Peter Schiff, Michael Boldin of the 10th Amendment Center, Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers, Jordan Page, and a couple hundred Tea Partiers who watched the debate and were blowing the roof off of the Hyatt for Dr. Paul by the time he got there. Dr. Paul was extremely charged up and bouyant by the time he got there. On the way out, I happened to pass by Peter Schiff holding court in the lobby, with a sort of dejected-looking Gary Johnson standing around at the edge of the crowd.

devil21
05-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Ron was great! He still has the fire and still stayed to shake hands for 20 minutes after the speech at the Hyatt.

Fuck Hannity.

It was off the hook. Not only was Ron there, but so were Peter Schiff, Michael Boldin of the 10th Amendment Center, Stewart Rhodes of Oathkeepers, Jordan Page, and a couple hundred Tea Partiers who watched the debate and were blowing the roof off of the Hyatt for Dr. Paul by the time he got there. Dr. Paul was extremely charged up and bouyant by the time he got there. On the way out, I happened to pass by Peter Schiff holding court in the lobby, with a sort of dejected-looking Gary Johnson standing around at the edge of the crowd.

I was watching Dr. Paul and turned around and Peter Schiff was literally standing behind me! He was very cordial and took pictures.

puppetmaster
05-06-2011, 01:21 AM
I can say that I like Cain, because he appeals the the workingman, and had a record of making things work. He also knows how the military works and would not have to be trained to be Commander in Chief.

He sounds ok domestically, and as an unpolished not-politician you can be pretty sure he actually means what he says. Then comes the problem.

Cain is still advancing a Wilsonian foreign policy, which if we don't give up on will one day break our own back as a nation. Perhaps sooner than later.

It costs a lot of money to police the planet. At the moment we are indebting our unborn grandchildren to police the world today. How is that going to work out in the end?

Ahhhh, no he's a tool for the fed.....as an ex chair and they don't want anyone to know. That's why he is listed as a pizza guy and not a fed guy. He is a politician in pizza clothes

Batman
05-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Ron Paul belongs at that Tea Party event and he needs to attend every subsequent Tea Party event following. He needs TV time too. He has to go to the Judge, Ratigan, Scarborough, Softball, Leno, Cooper, Stossel, and anyone else who will give him fair airtime.

dsentell
05-06-2011, 01:39 AM
I think this was all so perfect . . . the lame stream media has distanced Ron Paul from the Tea Party movement for a lllooonnnggg time. Some of the neocons even speak on television favorably of the Tea Party, after all they have to, don't they, given the strength of the movement. Yet during the dramatic Tea Party movement prior to the 2010 elections, Ron Paul was rarely (if EVER) mentioned as being associated with it.

It is wonderful that even the old media has now associated RP with the Tea Party. We all know that he has always been there, but this could bring more attention from some of the newbie Tea Partiers . . . . I can just hear some of them, "hmmmm, I didn't know Ron Paul was the father of the tea party. Maybe I should check him out."

Yes, Dr. Paul made the correct decision to go to the tea party event . . . and it is wonderful that Hannity mentioned it . . . :)

AtomiC
05-06-2011, 01:40 AM
lol hemad

Bman
05-06-2011, 01:41 AM
This was a good move. With so many topics of real relevance do we need Ron to be taking interviews where they are going to continually question him on drugs?

Maximus
05-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Bad move by Ron, good move by Hannity for mentioning TP rally.

Vessol
05-06-2011, 01:54 AM
I was watching Dr. Paul and turned around and Peter Schiff was literally standing behind me! He was very cordial and took pictures.

Lucky you. Lol, at CPAC, Schiff was a douchebag to me. I went to shake his hand and he gave me a glare.

devil21
05-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Lucky you. Lol, at CPAC, Schiff was a douchebag to me. I went to shake his hand and he gave me a glare.

He was a bit of deer in the headlights but he tolerated it. But fuck that....best part was having drinks with Jack Hunter for a couple hours afterward! I didn't even see GJ?

Batman
05-06-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm always against meeting these people in real life because the reality may just turn you off. That said, Steve Poizner is a nice guy in real life.

anaconda
05-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Hannity is probably shitting bricks that he might be cut out of the Paul 2011-12 campaign access...he's probably getting drunk right now.

Cap
05-06-2011, 05:36 AM

This Herman Cain? You forgot his biggest piece of baggage.
http://dailypaul.com/153575/herman-cain-2012-hopeful-theres-no-reason-to-audit-the-federal-reserve#comment-1679350

virgil47
05-07-2011, 12:07 PM
This Herman Cain? You forgot his biggest piece of baggage.
http://dailypaul.com/153575/herman-cain-2012-hopeful-theres-no-reason-to-audit-the-federal-reserve#comment-1679350

Oh snap! I've heard that some on this board have worked for a bank! We should ferret them out and BAN them. What a crock!