PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Cain Won the Debate?

smartguy911
05-05-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmtO7DbyDM&feature=player_embedded

What is this crap?

Did Luntz hire these guys again to plant this guy to go against Obama?

Best way to beat Obama is to get a black guy to run against him??? Is this the Republican strategy now?

Info on Cain:

Herman Cain (born December 13, 1945) is an American newspaper columnist, businessman, political activist, and radio talk-show host from Georgia. He is best known as the former chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza. He is a former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Cain supports economic stimulus, saying: "We could grow this economy faster if we had bolder, more direct stimulus policies,"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I'm worried they will try to build this guy up as a legitimate "dark horse" candidate. It was very suspicious that they gave him so many questions - far more than Ron Paul or Johnson got. Pretty good for being a total nobody with zero name recognition.:mad:

LisaNY
05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
nah, I wouldn't worry too much about Cain. Yes he's popular because of his radio talk shows and lots of people like him, but I just don't see him going the distance.

PineGroveDave
05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
He had the same canned answers as Romney did in the last debates. Don't you guys remember? The ol' "I surround myself with lawyers and weigh analyze the issues because I don't know what the hell I'm doing..." bullcrap.

smartguy911
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I just learned he was a chairman of Federal Reserve (Kansas city). It all makes sense now

eleganz
05-05-2011, 10:44 PM
I tried to watch the debate on fox news (it is not working) but I managed to get a bit of the Sean Hannity post debate focus group and almost ALL of them were pro-Cain (post debate).

I learned about Cain a few years ago studying hospitality. He was indeed the man that made Godfathers Pizza successful after his stint as VP for Pilsbury.

Ninja Homer
05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

BlackTerrel
05-05-2011, 10:57 PM
There are GOP contenders who legitimately worry me. Cain isn't one of them. Neither is Trump. They aren't winning.

Flash
05-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Hopefully Cain will be able to steal votes from Trump. They're both 'non-politicians' running for office after all.

Andrew-Austin
05-06-2011, 04:02 AM
The same suit is always declared the winner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9U3Gffm94A&NR=1

eleganz
05-06-2011, 04:07 AM
Cain did some homework on Ron Paul before this debate, he is following the trend of liberty. He doesn't have a consistent track record so I think he won't matter later on.

JohnGalt1225
05-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Cain was the most obvious panderer up there. He laid out no real plans, he was just like Donald Trump with "I'll just tell people what to do, and they'll do it' shtick. Unfortunately people fell for it.

olehounddog
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Where was the debate? All I did was sit here and watch a Q&A. Maybe twice the same question was given to 2 people. They could not handle Ron in a true debate.

trey4sports
05-06-2011, 08:30 AM
If Ron is to win the GOP nod it will be because of OUR (the grassroots) work on the ground running his campaign in 2012. We need to make a splash in Iowa and ride the momentum.

Nathan Hale
05-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Cain won the debate - I'm not saying that I agree with him or respect him more as a result of this, I'm saying that from a neutral perspective, based on what he said and the audience reaction, Cain's campaign benefited the most from the debate. I'd have to say the order of who gain is:

Cain
Santorum
Paul
Johnson
Pawlenty

Of all the campaigns, I'd say that only Pawlenty lost, because despite Fox giving him the most speaking time, they also asked him some brutal questions. And his performance was horrible. I didn't like GJ's performance either, in the same way I hated RP's first 2007 performance, but GJ realized a net benefit because it got him in front of a crowd who weren't familiar with him already.

UtahApocalypse
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Regardless of what WE think the American Voter (you know those people we actually need to convince not just ourselves) are buying Cain like water in the desert. Listening to a LOCAL radio show so none of this F U frank set it up excuses bullshit and Cain is getting more support then anyone else called in about. There was one Ron Paul call out of about 20 call over 4 hours. Cain had roughly 12 the rest split between Pwlent and Santorum.

Cain IS something to be concerned with weather you think he is good or not does not matter. Its what the voters think and who they want

I also keep hearing "he was in the Fed so has no chance" want to know what: Most Average American Voters (again the one we should be worried about getting) don't care, or even know what the Fed is or does. Asking non-political types 3-4 people think the Fed is the U.S. Mint, or a Bank Vault type of place.

Quit fucking fooling yourselves with your own preconceived notion of Ron Paul is the best hope, that everyone wants freedom and understand the issues, and that the FED is the #1 issue facing our country.

Until the American Voters (the only way we can win the election) understand the issues, how the Fed effects our economy, and what freedom and liberty really are then yes unfortunately a smooth talking pizza selling radio man from the fed IS looking to be the dark horse right now on the street.

RachelFaith
05-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Cain will do better in Iowa than Pawlenty or Santorum and Cain is talking potential Paul votes.

RachelFaith
05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Regardless of what WE think the American Voter (you know those people we actually need to convince not just ourselves) are buying Cain like water in the desert. Listening to a LOCAL radio show so none of this F U frank set it up excuses bullshit and Cain is getting more support then anyone else called in about. There was one Ron Paul call out of about 20 call over 4 hours. Cain had roughly 12 the rest split between Pwlent and Santorum.

Cain IS something to be concerned with weather you think he is good or not does not matter. Its what the voters think and who they want

I also keep hearing "he was in the Fed so has no chance" want to know what: Most Average American Voters (again the one we should be worried about getting) don't care, or even know what the Fed is or does. Asking non-political types 3-4 people think the Fed is the U.S. Mint, or a Bank Vault type of place.

Quit fucking fooling yourselves with your own preconceived notion of Ron Paul is the best hope, that everyone wants freedom and understand the issues, and that the FED is the #1 issue facing our country.

Until the American Voters (the only way we can win the election) understand the issues, how the Fed effects our economy, and what freedom and liberty really are then yes unfortunately a smooth talking pizza selling radio man from the fed IS looking to be the dark horse right now on the street.

Read this post again. Everyone. Utah is 100% right. "the Fed" boogyman won't work in IA, NH, SC. But the bailouts will. Tea Party people mad at DC looking for an outsider are who is supporting Cain. We must slowly educate them without looking like fools.

smartguy911
05-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Utah nailed it