PDA

View Full Version : NEW Grassroots campaign ideas...

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 05:50 PM
What special interest groups lean towards Ron Paul's views?

My first suggestion is:

1. Gun Owners.

freelance
10-26-2007, 05:54 PM
What about the fact that it's spam?

centure7
10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I have an objection: we don't like special interests, so why do we want their help?

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I have an objection: we don't like special interests, so why do we want their help?

We want special interest groups like gun ownership groups. Ron Paul believes in the constitution, and there are some special interest groups were the current political climate is encroaching on their rights.

This is where you tell these special interest groups about RP and hope that they vote for him.

ionlyknowy
10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Believe me it is ok

freelance
10-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Approaching gun owners is a sterling idea. Maybe you could ask GOA if you could write something for their newsletter. I just don't think that spam is the way to go. Not only is it illegal, but people hate spam.

In terms of special interests, gun owners are not in the same league as "special interests." They're Constitution-loving people who don't have to influence Dr. Paul. They share the same interests already. There's no chance of them buying loyalty, because it already exists.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 06:47 PM
2. Arab Americans.

Nate K
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
2 groups i've wanted to get this out about is..

a. stock traders (cnbc)
b. coast to coast am listeners

what do you think of stock traders?

Nate K
10-26-2007, 07:10 PM
also GAMBLERS! ..

and some drug users, not the dealers though. Kinda bad group to get support from but hey

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Gold bugs, including people who invest in other precious metals.

realitywiz
10-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Holistic health community, for sure. The FDA is cracking down on vitamins, supplements, and natural medicine--anything that competes with the pharmaceutical cartel. Furthermore, international bodies such as the United Nations are attempting to seize control over natural health by manipulating government legislation to "harmonize" with their Codex Alimentarius ("Food Code") which would force people to get a doctor's prescription to take vitamins!

Ultimately, the Codex Alimentarius can even consider WATER as a drug. If this sounds absurd, well, it is!!

Recently an herbal tea company had over $71,000 worth of tea confiscated by US Marshals sent by the FDA, for making TRUTHFUL claims about the tea's health benefits.

People are also being forced by medical authorities to undergo dangerous chemo-therapy treatments even though there are natural cancer treatment options available.

A lot of great information is available on www.newstarget.com and www.mercola.com about these issues.

Anyway, Ron Paul's Health Freedom Protection Act (HR 2117) would stop this medical tyranny...

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/health-freedom/

Ron Paul also wants to withdraw from the United Nations.

__

wgadget
10-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Alternative medicine: Chiropractors, health food stores

Delaware
10-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I live fairly close (withing walking distance) to a large highway Route 1 in Delaware, me and my brother are going to climb trees and hang up signs so they are visible from the highway.

realitywiz
10-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I live fairly close (withing walking distance) to a large highway Route 1 in Delaware, me and my brother are going to climb trees and hang up signs so they are visible from the highway.

Be careful climbing trees though! :)

Energy
10-26-2007, 08:19 PM
For the alt med crowd, I'm glad to see Ron Paul being discussed at curezone:
http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=322

Nate K
10-26-2007, 08:47 PM
For the alt med crowd, I'm glad to see Ron Paul being discussed at curezone:
http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=322

that's awesome, i use curezone alot! that's amazing that he's on our side with this, i have alot of health problems i'm dealing with that i NEED alternative care to treat/cure.

there's a natural health doctor that does radio in my area, i will call into his show soon and talk to him about Paul.

kmj.ronpaul
10-26-2007, 09:33 PM
>> Gold bugs, including people who invest in other precious metals.
The gold bugs already know and love Dr. Paul! This forum has a whole subsection devoted to him:

http://goldismoney.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

As for gun owners, Gun Owners of America has a quote from Dr. Paul on their home page, so I'd say that's a good sign!

http://www.gunowners.org/

Our local (Cleveland-area) meetup groups regularly have Ron Paul tables at area gun shows. This *is* a great group to connect with! A ready-made audience for Dr. Paul.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Home schoolers.

It seems to me that we should be going after these folks to get them on-board. Are any homeschoolers on-line here? Does anyone know of a homeschooling magazine that is popular with this group?

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Approaching gun owners is a sterling idea. Maybe you could ask GOA if you could write something for their newsletter. I just don't think that spam is the way to go. Not only is it illegal, but people hate spam.

In terms of special interests, gun owners are not in the same league as "special interests." They're Constitution-loving people who don't have to influence Dr. Paul. They share the same interests already. There's no chance of them buying loyalty, because it already exists.

If all of us would just find out about all the gun shows near us, get tables at these gun shows and hand out literature, it would really go a long way towards getting these folks on-board.

rs3515
10-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I just don't think that spam is the way to go. Not only is it illegal, but people hate spam.

As someone who has consulted clients on the 'Do Not Call' laws and has read every page of the 'Do Not Call' legislation, I can guarantee spam is not illegal.

Is it annoying? Yes. Is it illegal? No. The advice we have given often to clients is you can reach out to others for new customers, but if they ask to unsubscribe or wish to be removed from email lists, then you absolutely need to comply.

Sure, writing newsletters is a good way to go and I think it gets more direct exposure. But sending mass emails is not an illegal act.

margomaps
10-26-2007, 10:05 PM
If all of us would just find out about all the gun shows near us, get tables at these gun shows and hand out literature, it would really go a long way towards getting these folks on-board.

Our main meetup group in NH did this a couple weekends ago.