PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Funding An Early Advantage?

anaconda
05-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Here's something I have not seen much discussion of:

While party elite selected candidates end up raising mega sums of money much of it is from corporate interests and far down the road as they appear to come into position to secure one nomination of the other. So I wonder to what extent significant sums of early grassroots money can afford a candidate a rather stark advantage over the more traditionally funded candidates? This seems especially powerful since performance in early primaries can create a snowball effect of their own. I wonder to what extent, if any, the Paul campaign bases some strategy on this? Will they spend like mad early on?

IDefendThePlatform
05-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah, in 08 Mccain was basically broke before he won in New Hampshire, then of course he got a bunch of money dumped on him by the bandwagoners. Hopefully we can do the same this year.

sailingaway
05-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I know Ron's campaign noted that in 2007 they didn't get the big money until late in the cycle, too late to organize campaign structure and strategy from scratch...I think that is why today's money bomb is so important. They want to make sure the money will be there to run to win.

sailingaway
05-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah, in 08 Mccain was basically broke before he won in New Hampshire, then of course he got a bunch of money dumped on him by the bandwagoners. Hopefully we can do the same this year.

IN DEBT, not basically broke.

Ron was NEVER in debt.....:D