PDA

View Full Version : Site Claims Ron Paul Supports the "T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill"

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
h XXp://www.globalwarming.org/2011/05/05/the-t-boone-pickens-earmark-bill/

Republicans in the House of Representatives are flocking to support a bill to extend and create a number of taxpayer-funded subsidies for manufacturers and buyers of vehicles powered by natural gas. Nearly eighty House Republicans (and a hundred Democrats) have signed up as sponsors of H. R. 1380, the New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act (or NAT GAS Act). Just call it the T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill.

It’s sad to look at the list of conservatives who claim to be principled who have signed up to support the Boonedoggle. Here’s the complete list of Republican sponsors as of today. The chief sponsor is Rep. John Sullivan of Oklahoma. Most surprising and perhaps most disappointing is Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who claims that he votes against everything that isn’t in the Constitution. I seemed to have missed the section of the Constitution that allows taking billions of dollars from taxpayers to give to fatcat billionaires and corporate welfare queens. Call it the Pickens-Your-Pocket bill.

gls
05-05-2011, 02:57 PM
I know nothing about the proposed legislation but is it really subsidies or just tax cuts/breaks? I've noticed leftists often tend to (nonsensically) conflate the two.

HOLLYWOOD
05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
According to OpenCrogress.org... verified, Ron Paul is a co-sponsor of the HR 1380 bill. I wonder if this will be brought up in the debate by the moderators tonight? Yeah, you can count on it.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h1380/show

Those jackasses on Capital Hill or should I say T Bone Pickens came up with that Bill name?

Pickens has been like a vulture around the Washington DC beltway looking for billions in subsidies over the past 3 years.

John Stossel exposed the fraudster Pickens for what he truly is, a swindler of taxpayers for his own profiteering.

sailingaway
05-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Apparently it is tax credits, not subsidies.

Matt Collins
05-08-2011, 01:36 AM
About the bill
"The grants section made changes to existing programs and did not authorize or require an increase in spending. Furthermore if passed this bill decreases government revenue. Calling tax credits a subsidy or saying credits to you somehow costs me implies that the state owns or at least has first claim on our income".

HardyMacia
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
They don't have to claim anything. Paul's been quoted on it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-12/pickens-losing-to-koch-in-billionaires-fight-over-natural-gas-subsidies.html

I don't want to bad mouth Paul, but he really should change his position on this. It sorts of stinks like his earmark stance stinks. Government shouldn't be picking winners and losers in the energy markets.