PDA

View Full Version : Rags to Riches

aid632007
05-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Do Big Businesseses start out as Small Businesses the reason Im asking this question is because the Liberals and the Democrats seem to be Anti Big Business and anti Rich/Wealthy when the in fact many Rich/Wealthy people started out as poor or lower class lower income lower middle class and became Rich/Wealthy Rags to Riches and many Small Business Owners become Big Business Owners ?

JamesButabi
05-05-2011, 09:52 AM
This is purely conjecture, but if I had to guess most large businessness that are currently large and have been in operation a couple of decades grew from something small.

Im willing to bet businesses that have started closer to current times had large financial backings and were simply ideas backed by corporate money. There are too many barriers to entry. The small entrepeneur really needs to catch a big break to succeed.

I own a rental business. The amount of regulation and taxation that applies today is leaps and bounds over what my Grandfather experienced when starting. He was the most hardworking man I know, but im not quite sure the same opportunity to build yourself is as prevelent in todays society.

RPIdeaMan08
05-05-2011, 09:59 AM
best title ever

payme_rick
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
If big government wasn't so involved in "big business", for the most part there wouldn't be a problem... Big business isn't the direct problem, the problem is when you mix it with big government...