PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know the make of this helicopter in the OBL operation?

awake
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/4727178.bin?size=620x400

ctb619
05-04-2011, 04:34 PM
defensetech.org has a number of posts speculating on this

awake
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
That rotor hub is very unusual. Stealth design.

ghengis86
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
RAH-66? Pave Low?

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
More questions,,,

It would seem this smooth operation was not as smooth as previously reported.

Apparently there is a heretofore secret aircraft down in someones back yard.

Ranger29860
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Yeah the whole thing is a hell of a lot smoother than any helo i have seen. The whole thing must look awesome :)

awake
05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I am getting this ----> a "black project" special ops stealth H-60 variant. Supposedly both the RCS and audible sound have been greatly reduced.

The secret black helicopters that have no sound exist. That is why they destroyed it, "it does not exist".

There are no pictures of this helicopter.

awake
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3by3nkt

awake
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
This is a helicopter that is "black", 'it was never there' and these are the first pics of it. They are quiet helicopters.

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
This is a helicopter that is "black", 'it was never there' and these are the first pics of it. They are quiet helicopters.

Someone should be on soon to explain the "Black Helicopters" don't exist and are just tin foil hat imaginations.

trey4sports
05-04-2011, 05:08 PM
The just said it was a modified blackhawk on Fox News

libertyjam
05-04-2011, 05:13 PM
That is a stealth helicopter drone, much too small for a blackhawk

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 05:13 PM

Well there ya go.
"Fox News said"
That clears every thing up.
:rolleyes:

ctb619
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM

What? The photo shows the remnants of the tail rotor. The rest was destroyed.

pacelli
05-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I see nothing. Why are you taking pictures of the wall ? Really, its just pictures on a screen.

MelissaWV
05-04-2011, 05:26 PM

"Stealth Blackhawk" was the term used on some other stations. This was also why it was torched upon the soldiers leaving. They didn't do a very good job. Lots of parts are clearly identifiable, and children have been sifting through the wreckage picking up pieces of super secret material.

I wonder how much that helicopter, which still appears to have stalled and needed to be torched, cost us?

ctb619
05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I wonder how much the Chinese paid for the wreckage.

ihsv
05-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Army Times article

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/army-mission-helocopter-was-secret-stealth-black-hawk-050411/

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Army Times article

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/army-mission-helocopter-was-secret-stealth-black-hawk-050411/

Posted: Wednesday May 4, 2011 18:07:39 EDT

So these stories are all coming out as a response to the pix being posted online.

That is interesting in and of itself.
;)

Why didn't we hear of this SNAFU earlier?

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
They just showed that photo on Fox. That doesn't look like a Blackhawk or a Chinook. Another lie.

ctb619
05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
They just showed that photo on Fox. That doesn't look like a Blackhawk or a Chinook. Another lie.

Who is saying that it is a Chinook? Most are saying that it is a modified UH-60.

axiomata
05-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I wondered why it was such a priority to set charges on the downed heli. This explains it.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Who is saying that it is a Chinook? Most are saying that it is a modified UH-60.The initial reports about this raid said the team flew in with Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters.

axiomata
05-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Well a UH-60 is a Black Hawk...

ihsv
05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Sooooo... they couldn't bring in a heavy-lift chopper and fly the crashed bird out of there? They had to torch it and leave it?

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 06:14 PM
The initial reports about this raid said the team flew in with Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters.

I don't remember the "initial reports" mentioning crashing in the yard.
It was all about how "professional" it was. how they had observed it, photographed it, staked it out.
it was described as a flawless operation.

MelissaWV
05-04-2011, 06:16 PM
It was all about how "professional" it was. how they had observed it, photographed it, staked it out.

Nah, the initial reports did say the helicopter stalled and had to do a hard landing. Of course, they'd planned for that, and awesomeness ensued without a hitch!

Incidentally, I guess this state of the art thing really was very stealth... unless it fell like a brick. I'm sure it made some noise at that point.

axiomata
05-04-2011, 06:17 PM

They definitely mentioned it.

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Nah, the initial reports did say the helicopter stalled and had to do a hard landing. Of course, they'd planned for that, and awesomeness ensued without a hitch!

Incidentally, I guess this state of the art thing really was very stealth... unless it fell like a brick. I'm sure it made some noise at that point.

First I heard of it was today.
And yeah. Crashing into a yard in the middle of town is hardly stealthy.

Apparently we have different definitions of "hard landing". But I suppose crashing is hard.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Well a UH-60 is a Black Hawk...That thing doesn't look like the conventional Blackhawks we're all familiar with. It appears to be some advanced technology that they're obviously trying to keep secret.

My point is, everything about this operation is a deception, and they expect us to just take their word for it. If we even raise questions we're "conspiracy theorists". :rolleyes:

Koz
05-04-2011, 06:28 PM
I wonder how much the Chinese paid for the wreckage.

Exactly what I was thinking.

awake
05-04-2011, 06:28 PM
There are pictures of virtually all military aircraft in the U.S. arsenal except this one. Secret , silent, black helicopters - freaking outstanding.

ihsv
05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
The crash could have been something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDUQkwm0wXE

anaconda
05-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Looks like a Vitamix.

Ranger29860
05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I wondered why it was such a priority to set charges on the downed heli. This explains it.

The military will burn anything that is not immediately recoverable. There are very good reasons for it and its the norm in any situation.

jmdrake
05-04-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZED/NightHunter/_01.jpg

MelissaWV
05-04-2011, 07:15 PM
First I heard of it was today.
And yeah. Crashing into a yard in the middle of town is hardly stealthy.

Apparently we have different definitions of "hard landing". But I suppose crashing is hard.

I know the diff ;) I'm merely telling you what the initial reports I heard had said. They stated the helicopter had stalled and had to make a hard landing (as opposed to crashing into something, striking at an angle, etc.).

jmdrake
05-04-2011, 07:17 PM

My thoughts exactly. It looks too small to carry a single passenger, much less a team.

ctb619
05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
My thoughts exactly. It looks too small to carry a single passenger, much less a team.

Again, the photo shows the tail rotor, not the main rotor. The size is consistent with a modified UH-60.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Someone should be on soon to explain the "Black Helicopters" don't exist and are just tin foil hat imaginations.

Super Silent Black Helicopters in "stealth mode" that don't exist.

Can't give that post enough rep.

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I know the diff ;) I'm merely telling you what the initial reports I heard had said. They stated the helicopter had stalled and had to make a hard landing (as opposed to crashing into something, striking at an angle, etc.).

Yeah,well.
I had only heard how smooth and professional it was, but i don't have TV and didn't watch a bunch of it.
A hard landing (to me) is when I spill my drink, or maybe jar my teeth.

Crashing is when things break and need fixin'. Crash and burn is rather FUBAR.

libertyjam
05-04-2011, 07:22 PM

It looks like it is just the tail rotor with associated elevators compared to the pic in a prior post.

ihsv
05-04-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZED/NightHunter/_01.jpg

Russian Black Shark (Ka-50 "Hokum")

1000-points-of-fright
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah,well.
I had only heard how smooth and professional it was, but i don't have TV and didn't watch a bunch of it.
A hard landing (to me) is when I spill my drink, or maybe jar my teeth.

Crashing is when things break and need fixin'. Crash and burn is rather FUBAR.

I suppose it would have just been a hard landing if that wall hadn't been there to snap off the tail rotor.

klamath
05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Stealth modified MH-60. There is a reason they were able to get into Pakistan without lighting up the radars. The elite units get the most advances stuff but the Radar shielding probably added to much weight and they ran out of power attempting to transition into a OGE hover at that altitude. Absolutely standard procedure to destroy any wreaked aircraft if they can't recover it. They sure as hell couldn't recover this one.

And OMG run for your lives, a black helicopter!!!! Having been called a black helicopter on a routine search and rescue mission I just have to laugh.

jmdrake
05-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Another view of the chopper.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/5/4/1304535574011/U.S.-special-forces-assau-001.jpg

It's clearly a drone. And here's the one that was blown up.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/5/4/1304535578285/U.S.-special-forces-assau-005.jpg

There's not enough of that one to identify.

jmdrake
05-04-2011, 08:40 PM
On second thought, maybe that's just a tail section.

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/8065b635-752f-4a63-ae97-84beaff28a19.Full.jpeg

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
And OMG run for your lives, a black helicopter!!!! Having been called a black helicopter on a routine search and rescue mission I just have to laugh.

So you are confirming the "black helicopter" stories?

Government has been using military helicopters for SAR/surveillance/training across the US.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 08:43 PM
On second thought, maybe that's just a tail section.

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/8065b635-752f-4a63-ae97-84beaff28a19.Full.jpeg

It is, that's just the tail rotor section.

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 08:46 PM
It is, that's just the tail rotor section.

Yes, one of heretofore unknown design. Speculated and artist rendition only.

Dr.3D
05-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I suppose it would have just been a hard landing if that wall hadn't been there to snap off the tail rotor.

That's just what I've been thinking. I would guess the tail was on the other side of the wall and they didn't notice it was missing when they destroyed the rest of it.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes, one of heretofore unknown design. Speculated and artist rendition only.

It doesn't look too radical in design.

What I see there are two aerodynamic "plates" that are covering the tail rotor hub, most likely to reduce noise from center part of the hub, which contributes a great deal to the noise because of broken airflow over the hub center.

I'm understanding that this was an unknown "classified" stealth version of a UH60.

Is that correct?

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm understanding that this was an unknown "classified" stealth version of a UH60.

Is that correct?

That's the impression I'm getting.

I mentioned that dream I had,, and not hearing the Chopper.
I have very good hearing.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
That's the impression I'm getting.

I mentioned that dream I had,, and not hearing the Chopper.

I have very good hearing.

That you did Pete, that you did...

klamath
05-04-2011, 09:17 PM
So you are confirming the "black helicopter" stories?

Government has been using military helicopters for SAR/surveillance/training across the US.

All the time. National guard units first then federal units. There used to be what was called a MAST (military Assistence to safety and transportation) mission where RA medevac units did all air medevac for areas that did not have a civilian medevac units.

When a SAR manager requests a particular piece of equipment for a rescue or search it goes up the chain of command to the AFRCC and it is possibe to get resources you would never believe.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 09:29 PM
All the time. National guard units first then federal units. There used to be what was called a MAST (military Assistence to safety and transportation) mission where RA medevac units did all air medevac for areas that did not have a civilian medevac units.

When a SAR manager requests a particular piece of equipment for a rescue or search it goes up the chain of command to the AFRCC and it is possibe to get resources you would never believe.

Or when it is declared a "drug op", like at Waco.

My point is that people are not "nuts" for reporting military "black helicopters" involved in regular, long standing, operations in US airspace.

Pericles
05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Sooooo... they couldn't bring in a heavy-lift chopper and fly the crashed bird out of there? They had to torch it and leave it?

The Chinooks would have been loaded with all of the people and stuff going away. Not enough lift capacity immediately available to pull the wreck out, too. BTW, Pakistan and AFG are relatively high altitude countries, so helos have problems with the thinner air, and extra weight on them for SF use, adds to the problem.

Every Blackhawk ride I went on in Europe was scary enough - no way would I want to ride in one in AFG.

Brian4Liberty
05-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Stealth modified MH-60. There is a reason they were able to get into Pakistan without lighting up the radars. The elite units get the most advances stuff but the Radar shielding probably added to much weight and they ran out of power attempting to transition into a OGE hover at that altitude. Absolutely standard procedure to destroy any wreaked aircraft if they can't recover it. They sure as hell couldn't recover this one.

It doesn't look too radical in design.

What I see there are two aerodynamic "plates" that are covering the tail rotor hub, most likely to reduce noise from center part of the hub, which contributes a great deal to the noise because of broken airflow over the hub center.

Is that correct?

Sounds about right. Added material to control noise, heat and reduce radar reflection.

Initial reports did say that "radar evading" technology was used.

As a taxpayer, I want to know why all of the expensive toys we are forced to pay for are so unreliable. Seems they can't do any missions without at least one aircraft having a malfunction. Didn't we lose an F-15 or something in Libya in the first couple of days of the attack on Libya? And of course we had Jimmy Carter's infamous rescue attempt of the Iranian hostages where they lost multiple helicopters due to malfunctions.

Pericles
05-04-2011, 10:35 PM
In this case, the other variable is night vision gear - you lose much of your depth perception with it, especially as actual distance between you and an object increase.

The military has strict safety standards on max weight loads and such that the SF guys ignore, and that increases risk. Assuming they were doing the mock up at Hulbert Field, the aircraft properties will be a bit different in Pakistan than they are in Florida.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Do we really want to live in a country where when someone busts into your house at night you're supposed to assume they might be cops?

Totally off topic, but I had been meaning to +1776 you on that sig line for a while now.

Carry on.

puppetmaster
05-04-2011, 11:37 PM
the administration tells us pakistan is our friend, so why did we have to leave so quickly? many of the news sources are saying china is our enemy and they want this peice of the helicopter.....funny, I thought china is our friendly banker? Looks like our gov is setting up ww3.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
nt

ihsv
05-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Via Drudge

REPORT: Top Secret Stealth Helicopter Program Exposed in Raid... (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/top-secret-stealth-helicopter-program-revealed-osama-bin/story?id=13530693)

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2011, 01:39 AM
nt

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/315j05v.gif

+rep

jmdrake
05-05-2011, 03:35 AM
Via Drudge

REPORT: Top Secret Stealth Helicopter Program Exposed in Raid... (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/top-secret-stealth-helicopter-program-revealed-osama-bin/story?id=13530693)

From the video "...residents in the neighborhood say that right before the choppers went in all electricity and cell phone service went out and came immediately back on after the choppers left..."

Some new EMP weapon?

teacherone
05-05-2011, 06:00 AM
From the video "...residents in the neighborhood say that right before the choppers went in all electricity and cell phone service went out and came immediately back on after the choppers left..."

Some new EMP weapon?

whoa...that's our taxpayer dollars right there folks.

USA! Hoooah!

Ranger29860
05-05-2011, 06:10 AM

Some new EMP weapon?

Thats old tech with details all over the web on it. It has nothing to do with EMP's

klamath
05-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Or when it is declared a "drug op", like at Waco.

My point is that people are not "nuts" for reporting military "black helicopters" involved in regular, long standing, operations in US airspace.
They are only nuts for thinking it is unusual and a thinking every black helicopter out there is out to get them and it is a special one world government army.

ihsv
05-05-2011, 08:45 AM

Some new EMP weapon?

Prolly just some kind of jamming device.

klamath
05-05-2011, 08:51 AM
The Chinooks would have been loaded with all of the people and stuff going away. Not enough lift capacity immediately available to pull the wreck out, too. BTW, Pakistan and AFG are relatively high altitude countries, so helos have problems with the thinner air, and extra weight on them for SF use, adds to the problem.

Every Blackhawk ride I went on in Europe was scary enough - no way would I want to ride in one in AFG.

Did we scare you that bad:D You had the sense to know that your life was in danger, We always laughed over the intercom system as the PAXs were hooping and hollering having a good old time when they thought they were getting the A ride when in reality they had almost all died.

bill1971
05-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Running with the theme of not trusting the govt or the media, how do we know it wasnt planted by the govt to look like we really killed OBL? Or how do we know those shots of the helicopter werent staged?

No I dont really believe that. Just throwing speculations out there. :) I love the anti-big govt stance on this board, I also appreciate how the people on this forum are not biased for one party or another. It is refreshing and consistant.

Brian4Liberty
05-05-2011, 11:07 AM

Some new EMP weapon?

That story would conflict with the guy that lived in the neighborhood who was tweeting about the helicopters while they were there...hard to do if power and cell service is down.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
They are only nuts for thinking it is unusual and a thinking every black helicopter out there is out to get them and it is a special one world government army.

Why is that nuts?

We are here discussing an operation of the de facto "One World Army".

Brian4Liberty
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Did we scare you that bad:D You had the sense to know that your life was in danger, We always laughed over the intercom system as the PAXs were hooping and hollering having a good old time when they thought they were getting the A ride when in reality they had almost all died.

So do you think that the US Helicopters are as reliable as they could/should be? Seems like they have too many failures in critical situations. Hopefully they are more reliable than the Windows operating system... ;)

pcosmar
05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
So do you think that the US Helicopters are as reliable as they could/should be? Seems like they have too many failures in critical situations. Hopefully they are more reliable than the Windows operating system... ;)

http://jacob.twodesk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/clippy-crash.png

klamath
05-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Helicopters are 200,000 parts flying in loose formation and when some parts start flying in a different formation they fail.:D We will probably never know but I suspect this was pilot error. He asked to much of the helicopter while flying at the very edge of the flight envelope. It is quit possible the Crewchief was watching for incoming fire and didn't call the tail clear of the wall.

klamath
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Why is that nuts?

We are here discussing an operation of the de facto "One World Army".
Nope it was commanded by our elected CIC. If it was one world the Pakistani's would have had their place in the mission as they are part of the world.

Dr.3D
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Nope it was commanded by our elected CIC. If it was one world the Pakistani's would have had their place in the mission as they are part of the world.

They just haven't been assimilated yet. What do you think these 'wars' are all about? I'm pretty sure, right about now, the U.S. believes them (Pakistan) to be a useful tool.

AFPVet
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Dale always told Bill and Boomhower that those black helicopters existed... UN helicopters ;)

Brian4Liberty
05-05-2011, 01:13 PM
It is quit possible the Crewchief was watching for incoming fire and didn't call the tail clear of the wall.

That was my first thought at the picture with the tail section on the wrong side of the wall...

Pericles
05-05-2011, 01:14 PM

There was one case where one of the pilots lost his lunch - which I took as a warning sign, in addition to the fact that we were flying more up, down, sideways, and backwards than forward.

When a UH-1 took off, there was much more of a feeling of power running through the airframe.

In a Chinook, I'm thinking - this is a big slow moving target.

Everybody in the military rationalizes their choices. The infantry guys think they can hide in a hole in the ground, the armor guys figure if the vehicle breaks, I've got some armor protection, or I can get out and walk, and then hide in a hole in the ground, if I have too. I don't know what rotor heads were thinking .......

AFPVet
05-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know what rotor heads were thinking .......

The same as the airmen in planes... "if this thing goes down, I'm screwed".

pcosmar
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
That was my first thought at the picture with the tail section on the wrong side of the wall...

Which side was the wrong side?

Seems to me they were in the wrong country to start with.

Pericles
05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
The same as the airmen in planes... "if this thing goes down, I'm screwed".

Everything is a tredeoff, you get to eat on plates and sleep in a cot or bed, based on the assumption that you are going to make it back to base.

jmdrake
05-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Thats old tech with details all over the web on it. It has nothing to do with EMP's

Ok. Could you clue me in as to what it is?

Prolly just some kind of jamming device.

Except that jamming devices usually jam wireless communications. This also jammed wired electricity. :confused:

klamath
05-05-2011, 01:27 PM
They just haven't been assimilated yet. What do you think these 'wars' are all about? I'm pretty sure, right about now, the U.S. believes them (Pakistan) to be a useful tool.

I have no illusions that a group of people want a one world government. Neocon and interventionist progressives are exactly that. From the begining of time certain leaders have invisioned themselves to know what was best for the whole world. Far too many of them believe the end justifies the means. ie "The war to end all wars,etc."

jmdrake
05-05-2011, 01:34 PM

That story would conflict with the guy that lived in the neighborhood who was tweeting about the helicopters while they were there...hard to do if power and cell service is down.

Hmmm..... http://www.kvia.com/osama-bin-laden/27753257/detail.html

Maybe this tweeter was out of jamming range? Regardless this could be a super low tech version of celldar. :p

(Real celldar : http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/oct/13/humanrights.mobilephones
http://www.seminarprojects.com/Thread-celldar?pid=20453#pid20453)

klamath
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
There was one case where one of the pilots lost his lunch - which I took as a warning sign, in addition to the fact that we were flying more up, down, sideways, and backwards than forward.

When a UH-1 took off, there was much more of a feeling of power running through the airframe.

In a Chinook, I'm thinking - this is a big slow moving target.

Everybody in the military rationalizes their choices. The infantry guys think they can hide in a hole in the ground, the armor guys figure if the vehicle breaks, I've got some armor protection, or I can get out and walk, and then hide in a hole in the ground, if I have too. I don't know what rotor heads were thinking .......
You don't think about it too much. You don't want to think about how many components are absolutely critical to your life. You console yourself with the thought, "at least I don't have to sleep in a hole in the ground tonight":D

tilcygo
05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone, I newbie and I very happy join in forum.http://freeimagestocks.com/content/69/grey.png
I hope can be friends with you all members, Thanks.
I see many informations in forum, I like it.

jmdrake
05-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone, I newbie and I very happy join in forum.http://freeimagestocks.com/content/69/grey.pngride. :D
I hope can be friends with you all members, Thanks.
I see many informations in forum, I like it.

Welcome fellow Ron Paul supporter! Fasten your seatbelt. This place can be a bumpy ride. :)

Ranger29860
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Except that jamming devices usually jam wireless communications. This also jammed wired electricity. :confused:

It is not a big leap from sound to electricity when it comes to scrambling it. Or they could of had a team ahead of time cut power until the raid was over :). which is probably what happened. Also Brian if you read on the phone jammers website distance is a factor.

jmdrake
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
It is not a big leap from sound to electricity when it comes to scrambling it.

Sound has nothing to do with it. It's a big jump from jamming wireless communications (very easy) to jamming wired.

Or they could of had a team ahead of time cut power until the raid was over :). which is probably what happened. Also Brian if you read on the phone jammers website distance is a factor.

Possible. But it would be easier to take out a transformer and leave it for the Pakistanis to fix.

Brian4Liberty
05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Also Brian if you read on the phone jammers website distance is a factor.

Of course. The tweeter was 2500 meters away.

The site of the operation is about 2.5 kilometers from my home, which means there are at least a few dozen houses between my home and that place.
I do not live 250m away from the site, 2.5km is 2500m.

http://www.reallyvirtual.com/faq/

Ranger29860
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Sound has nothing to do with it. It's a big jump from jamming wireless communications (very easy) to jamming wired.

Possible. But it would be easier to take out a transformer and leave it for the Pakistanis to fix.

i miss typed in the sound part just woke up from my pre debate nap :P

pcosmar
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
So it does still not explain how EMP hardened equipment and a secured satellite up-link was taken out.
Or by who?
Or have they tried to explain that?

There is more bullshit in this story than I have heard sitting at a Sports Bar.

Pericles
05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
"at least i don't have to sleep in a hole in the ground tonight":d

= REMF a. k. a. FOBBIT

klamath
05-05-2011, 04:07 PM
= REMF a. k. a. FOBBIT

Oh. Fighting words. If I was still in I would invite you on a nighttime air assualt mission into brownout conditions, 15 other aircraft in close formation, taking ground fire. If you were scared of just a routine flight. Or you can ask my son that was marine infantry spear pointing the assualt on Falusha Iraq in house to house fighting. His company lost one man in two months yet a month later 33 people died from his company in a routine helo transfer. Naw a Fobbit or REMF never see danger.

Pericles
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Oh. Fighting words. If I was still in I would invite you on a nighttime air assualt mission into brownout conditions, 15 other aircraft in close formation, taking ground fire. If you were scared of just a routine flight. Or you can ask my son that was marine infantry spear pointing the assualt on Falusha Iraq in house to house fighting. His company lost one man in two months yet a month later 33 people died from his company in a routine helo transfer. Naw a Fobbit or REMF never see danger.

Its the fact that you guys get to eat food on trays, sleep on cots, and get showers more than once a month that we couldn't stand.

klamath
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Its the fact that you guys get to eat food on trays, sleep on cots, and get showers more than once a month that we couldn't stand.
This is true but the use of REMF or Fobbit is wrong as they never see the front lines. Yes I can say that talking to real Fobbits talking about their hardships made me laugh. I always appreciated that my living conditions were never like you combat arms guys and told them they better appreciate what they had.

Ranger29860
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
This is true but the use of REMF or Fobbit is wrong as they never see the front lines. Yes I can say that talking to real Fobbits talking about their hardships made me laugh. I always appreciated that my living conditions were never like you combat arms guys and told them they better appreciate what they had.

Lets not fight with each other but be united in our hatred towards FOBBITS and there evil ways! :P

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-05-2011, 05:20 PM
You sure it wasn't Ben Bernanke's overseas FRN dumping Helo? He's just trying to help out those Pakistani's that we are always killing.

klamath
05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
lets not fight with each other but be united in our hatred towards fobbits and there evil ways! :p:d:d:d

Dr.3D
05-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Now what would a Fobbit do with a travel mug?
http://www.zazzle.com/fobbit_travel_mug-168437595176583498

Ranger29860
05-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Now what would a Fobbit do with a travel mug?
http://www.zazzle.com/fobbit_travel_mug-168437595176583498

Wait there was coffee in iraq? Damn fobbits drank it all before i could get to it!!!

Pericles
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Lets not fight with each other but be united in our hatred towards FOBBITS and there evil ways! :P

FOBBIT trap

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/Pericles-photo/ManTrap.jpg

klamath
05-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Fobbit story. My son spent two months petroling house to house in Falusha, got wounded in the face from a granade and finially got a twentyfour hour pass to a FOB. He was so wired that he hit the deck in the checkout line at the PX when a morter round landed on the FOB. A female Fobbit soldier in line sneeringly called him a newby. He kind of came unglued so to speak.