PDA

View Full Version : May 5th Debate Transcript leaked: Ron Paul vs. Gary Johnson. . .

TNforPaul45
05-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Chris Wallace: "Congressman Paul, what are your major platform ideas?"

Ron Paul: "Well, I am in support of ending the Federal Reserve's control over our country's monetary policy. I want all the troops to come home and stop being used as pawns in our Foreign Policy, which I want a less interventionist nature for. I want a return to the Gold Standard to back our money. I want to end all these Czars and Executive Departments that run our country by decree. I generally want a return to the constitution, a tiny government, and a strong people with strong states, with sound monetary policy!"

{crowd cheers!}

Chris Wallace: "Gary Johnson, your response to Congressman Paul?"

Gary Johnson: "Well, You know Mike. I generally support Ron Paul on most all the things he says. I think he has a lot of things right. But you know, Ideas are fine and all, and talk is cheap. But doing something about them is what's important. Congressman Paul has been an ineffectual ideological leader on these ideas for 40 years. What has he gotten done? Nothing?

I on the other hand, was a governor of New Mexico. I got things done. I didnt sit on my little Old Man perch and spout off ideas and not do anything about them. I took action!

I wouldn't end the Fed. I think it does a lot of good things. I would not bring our troops home, I think they protect our freedoms. I think our monetary policy is fine, and if we could just get a 5% cut in Taxes, then our economy would boom and our debt would be paid off in 3 years. I think that returning to the Gold Standard is just plain wrong, how would people drive through at McDonalds with gold coins? I would not end any Federal executive departments, except for the department of agriculture, which I would "end" by merging it with another department, say, Energy. That will fix most of the issues there.

I took action as the New Mexico Governor. I know how to get things done. Yeah, Ron Paul is nice, vote for him if you like to sit around and talk. But.....vote for me, Gary Johnson, if you want to GET THINGS DONE!"

{Neo-Con Crowd, feeling emotions and not thinking, cheers very loudly}

Chris Wallace: "Thank you, President Johnson."

Flash
05-04-2011, 04:18 PM
cool story bro

DXDoug
05-04-2011, 04:18 PM
ur scary

sailingaway
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
If that happens, I'll join you in responding appropriately, but let's not anticipate that it WILL happen.

Besides, if you stew on that anger too long, your liver will rot.

rob88
05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
whatever bro. this threads a waste of time and im not sure what your trying to get accross but to each their own.

TNforPaul45
05-04-2011, 04:22 PM
whatever bro. this threads a waste of time and im not sure what your trying to get accross but to each their own.

This thread is not a waste of time, Rob. Welcome to the Forums! It is to demonstrate the viewpoint of Gary Johnson in comparison to Ron Paul's.

rob88
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
This thread is not a waste of time, Rob. Welcome to the Forums! It is to demonstrate the viewpoint of Gary Johnson in comparison to Ron Paul's.

ive been reading the forums for years, only just recently signed up. Maybe you should start the thread off by stating its hypothetical, not an actual leaked transcript. Just saying. But its all good, were in it for the same cause.

specsaregood
05-04-2011, 04:30 PM

On the bright side, I lol'd and that made it worth it to me. lol @ " I think that returning to the Gold Standard is just plain wrong, how would people drive through at McDonalds with gold coins?"

Wren
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I hear you OP. I'm not happy about it either (in fact I'm rather pissed), but we'll have to see what happens. Personally though, I'd rather he'd not announced in the first place but we can't make him do that.

AtomiC
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
This isn't going to happen. If Gary Johnson tried to debate Ron Paul he would get destroyed.

TNforPaul45
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
On the bright side, I lol'd and that made it worth it to me. lol @ " I think that returning to the Gold Standard is just plain wrong, how would people drive through at McDonalds with gold coins?"

haha. GJ loves him some McNuggets!

emazur
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
He won't say anything negative about Paul, and I'm certain he himself will not bring up the subject of Paul. If directly asked about Paul, he'll play up his executive experience (as well he should, anyone else would as well), and he'll mention the differences on policy in a couple issues, but he won't say anything in an attempt to make Paul look bad

eduardo89
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
haha. GJ loves him some McNuggets!

Trade gold nuggets for chicken mcnuggets

TNforPaul45
05-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Trade gold nuggets for chicken mcnuggets

Heh. Terrorist!

low preference guy
05-04-2011, 06:26 PM
He won't say anything negative about Paul, and I'm certain he himself will not bring up the subject of Paul. If directly asked about Paul, he'll play up his executive experience (as well he should, anyone else would as well), and he'll mention the differences on policy in a couple issues, but he won't say anything in an attempt to make Paul look bad

I think he won't even go that far. I think he'll say something like: "I'm not going to talk about proposals, not about other candidates".

RPIdeaMan08
05-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Gary Johnson would make a good president too

sailingaway
05-04-2011, 06:44 PM

I don't think so but different people have different opinions.

Wren
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM

Really? I think he'd be easily co-opted by special interest groups, would need to rely heavily on his advisers to make decisions, and wouldn't do anything that would really impact the FED. Not to mention that if a conflict were to break out over in Israel, Johnson would make sure to send in the military to do anything to protect it.

Depressed Liberator
05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
The contempt here towards Gary Johnson is simply stupid.