PDA

View Full Version : Expert: Security Checkpoints Near Soft Targets May Soon Become The Norm

libertyjam
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
checkpoints to go shopping? (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/03/expert-security-checkpoints-near-soft-targets-may-soon-become-the-norm/)

jmhudak17
05-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Welcome to 1984.

goRPaul
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Counter terrorism experts say a retaliation attack for Osama bin Laden’s death is inevitable.

They are admitting to the blowback principle right out in the open. Even a perceived victory in the WoT is going to expand the scope of government.

ihsv
05-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh. Joy.

ghengis86
05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Fuck this tyrannical police state. Time to emigrate

Romulus
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1671119/669.jpg

sailingaway
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkncucOqDQ1qblkoco1_500.jpg

sorry for posting that twice, but it just seems so appropriate here...

doodle
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
America is on its way to be a police state like Israel.

But good news is that Israeli is one of the few democracies in mideast and God blesses those who stand with them.

GuerrillaXXI
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
The violations of the Constitution up to this point have been barely tolerable. The sort of violation they're talking about here will NOT be tolerable. They will be crossing the line.

I suspect, however, that it will be difficult or impossible to implement such police-state measures on any significant scale. I think it would cost far too much in money, manpower, and time.

Fuck this tyrannical police state. Time to emigrateIf you're seriously considering emigration, please don't. I completely understand the sentiment, but we need everyone who opposes the police state to stay here and fight until the end. The more who leave, the harder it will be for those who remain behind.

Besides, freedom is dying in just about all developed countries, not just in the US.

silentshout
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Typical. Just typical. The thing is, will people even be bothered by this? Most people don't even care about being irradiated or groped at the airport..what is the breaking point?

aGameOfThrones
05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free...?

Romulus
05-04-2011, 07:46 PM
And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free...?

Free to get molested

crhoades
05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Maybe instead of concealed carry we should start open carrying...check point - no worries, protecting myself - God bless the 2nd amendment.

eproxy100
05-04-2011, 08:05 PM

But good news is that Israeli is one of the few democracies in mideast and God blesses those who stand with them.

I hope you were kidding with that last sentence.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 08:08 PM
This is directed at the "fuck it, I won't fly" people.

While I understand and would not fly myself if at all possible, it makes no difference.

This will be everywhere soon, unless we stop it.

Romulus
05-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Amen.. I tell that to everyone who thinks 'boycott' flying is the answer... soon we'll all be rooted out.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
That's a couple of blockbuster posts in row, Guerrilla...well done.

All is not lost, read the comments on the story...

I doubt we’ll be able to carry concealed if they have security checkpoints outside of every bus stop and Wal-Mart store. It’s just an excuse to implement their Orwellian police state. Even so, I feel a hell of a lot safer armed with my Glock 19 than I do with an overweight mall cop groping my girl friend outside of Macy’s.

Well if malls lose business over fear monging Gov agencies whos only concern is justifing there jobs then so be it, Just what America needs: more lost rights and more gungho cops. Wow america kills the enemty and Americans pay for it in panic and punishment from the people who protect us, take a flight now, tsa will rape your kids next in the name of protection. I need no Cop to protect me.

Comment section Winner!!!

If you think the economy is on tenuous legs now, just wait. This will make people even less inclined to go shopping. This will kill brick and mortar. Internet shopping will increase exponentially. Funny how “conspiracy theorists” like Alex Jones was so ahead of the curve on this and now CBS is reporting on it. Chalk up another “theory” that’s become fact. People need to resist this or we take another huge step to the Police State noose tightening around our necks.

The violations of the Constitution up to this point have been barely tolerable. The sort of violation they're talking about here will NOT be tolerable. They will be crossing the line.

I suspect, however, that it will be difficult or impossible to implement such police-state measures on any significant scale. I think it would cost far too much in money, manpower, and time.

If you're seriously considering emigration, please don't. I completely understand the sentiment, but we need everyone who opposes the police state to stay here and fight until the end. The more who leave, the harder it will be for those who remain behind.

Besides, freedom is dying in just about all developed countries, not just in the US.

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Amen.. I tell that to everyone who thinks 'boycott' flying is the answer... soon we'll all be rooted out.

Coming soon to the entrance of your place of business or work, subway station, roadside checkpoint, bus station, shopping mall, restaurant, sports stadium or amusement park.

"They hate us for our freedom"

http://earthhopenetwork.net/tsa_groping_man.jpg

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Coming soon to the entrance of your place of business or work, subway station, roadside checkpoint, bus station, shopping mall, restaurant, sports stadium or amusement park.

You could break that guys face by just raising a knee quickly.
Just sayin'

Knee jerk reaction..
;)

AtomiC
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
You could break that guys face by just raising a knee quickly.
Just sayin'

Knee jerk reaction..
;)

LOL good 1.. I'd like to see someone do that

Romulus
05-04-2011, 09:15 PM
LOL good 1.. I'd like to see someone do that

Id like to do that.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-04-2011, 09:29 PM
nt

Anti Federalist
05-04-2011, 09:34 PM
My first thought was.. maybe it's time to checkout and Belize doesn't sound all that bad, then I read this comment....

HELL YEAH, BRING ON MORE SOFT CHECKPOINTS!!!

Yes, call me a hyopcrite...after years of excoriating people who have been "heading for the exits", being of the firm belief that there is no where on this earth to run to, to stand and fight here and now...I spent more than couple of hours checking out possible "bug out" locations.

You know what I found?

Uruguay.

"The Switzerland of South America".

Check it out folks.

Pericles
05-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Yes, call me a hyopcrite...after years of excoriating people who have been "heading for the exits", being of the firm belief that there is no where on this earth to run to, to stand and fight here and now...I spent more than couple of hours checking out possible "bug out" locations.

You know what I found?

Uruguay.

Check it out folks.

The USA is the critical point. This is the only country in the world with sufficient economic scale of consequence with an armed population. If the US is lost, there is no place in the world that can last as a free country. A free and prosperous USA can not be ignored by the rest of the world.

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Uruguay.

Check it out folks.

Is the UN there?
Globalists want it all. There will be no safe place.
Though everyone can make their stand where they believe their chances are best.

EndDaFed
05-04-2011, 10:16 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkncucOqDQ1qblkoco1_500.jpg

sorry for posting that twice, but it just seems so appropriate here...

That is pure gold.

Mach
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM

Yup, nip it, nip it, nip it... nip it in the bud.

Isn't it downright unreal, they keep tightening the noose, then, the people that complain about all of their over-tightening are the supposed people that they were supposedly protecting us from all along. It's kind of a Problem - Reaction- Solution, they create the Problem, some people speak up (Reaction), and that in itself is their Solution, whipping people into line that will not openly comply with their supposed Problem in the first place.

Get ready.... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEr1dqTNP1E

anaconda
05-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Mexico? Like Ventura? How about Brazil? Northern Canada?

Mach
05-05-2011, 12:04 AM
By the way, "news" articles like that are thrown out there to the mainstream "normal people" to soften the blow, so that they are not shocked when it actually happens, oh yeah, and to sell them the good ol' "for your safety" bit.

tangent4ronpaul
05-05-2011, 12:26 AM
“The reason they’re called ‘soft’ is because it’s so easily accessible to anyone. There has to be security checks for the safety of all people,” Broehm said

"soft targets" - you mean like security check points where people are packed like sardines?

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2011, 12:32 AM
nt

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 12:35 AM
I won't call you a hypocrite on this one. The only reason not to cash out of this bitch is pride. Ya, I will get out the pom pom's and proselytize for Paul, but if the numbers suck this go around... maybe I will see you down south :).

Just a pipe dream brother, Pete and Pericles are right, there ain't no place to run.

I've got 15 generations behind me, I'll make my stand right here.

pcosmar
05-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Just a pipe dream brother, Pete and Pericles are right, there ain't no place to run.

I've got 15 generations behind me, I'll make my stand right here.

:cool:
I'll be in the woods I grew up in. Where the pioneers of my family lived and died.
;)

JK/SEA
05-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Going through a checkpoint at the airport is one thing..i don't have to fly, but if i gotta go through a patdown and scanner at Safeway to buy chips and beer....it could get ugly. Probably wouldn't be too hard to gather an armed populace to end that BS.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-05-2011, 12:55 AM
nt

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-05-2011, 12:57 AM
This is directed at the "fuck it, I won't fly" people.

While I understand and would not fly myself if at all possible, it makes no difference.

Argh!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Yes, true again AF. Obama just got carte fucking blanche to implement this due to the 'OMFG, we killed Osama! Go America!' crowd....

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Yea, about the whole bugging out thing. I have no problem with people saying "Fuck this, I don't need this goddamn hassle". I looked into it a few years ago myself. Sadly, I ain't rich and that is the only way to get out of the prison now. Have an uncle who emigrated to Guatemala back in the early 90s. Can't say as I blame him. Now the only thing to do is try and find some corner of the US to move to and take my stand with the others.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 01:09 AM
I have absolutely no moral dilemma whatsoever cashing out of this bitch and living on coconuts, bananas, and mango in flip flops. Some ancestor had the common sense to emigrate three centuries ago and there was likely someone over in Ireland then saying the same thing you are now.

A powerful point I will cede to you without question.

Verrater
05-05-2011, 02:13 AM
:cool:
I'll be in the woods I grew up in. Where the pioneers of my family lived and died.
;)
http://www.spideysenses.com/wp-content/wolverines.jpg

They'll call us Guerrillas.

Until that time, vote with your wallets. I still won't fly commercial.

moostraks
05-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Probably wouldn't be too hard to gather an armed populace to end that BS.

I really thought this angle of mall infiltration etc. was fear mongering from the uber paranoid crowd when it first made its rounds awhile back. How convenient that the latest Bin Laden announcement would usher in the tsa expansion.

I think that many will accept this fate. I think you have to consider how many people already concede to security checks be it private industry or government related (including spouses/family of military). Then you will have to eliminate the number of people who don't own guns and those who don't own guns for security reasons. Also remove the number of people left who own guns who agree that this is a necessary evil. This leaves you with those who own guns AND will find this their issue to make their stand. Now getting a significant number to any location to be a reasonable threat is step one. Step two is how many will turn tail when it becomes reality.

The people implementing these draconian security steps aren't manning the front lines but a bunch of steroid addled mindless drones who won't be able to eat if they resist orders. We have seen small scale implementation of harsh crowd control with very few turncoats from those who feel it their duty to protect and serve. It won't be wide scale immediately so that will allow people to slowly adjust and avoid the first locations. By the time it becomes more widespread most people will know someone that has to work for TSA and so they will be even less likely to consider retaliating.

So if tptb are thinking of implementing this as they seem to be floating around I believe we are very, very screwed...

GuerrillaXXI
05-05-2011, 08:43 AM

I've got 15 generations behind me, I'll make my stand right here.That's good to hear, and there's another reason to stay as well. The only places outside the US that are fairly safe from the US military are countries with a nuclear deterrent, and most (or all) of those countries are already bigger police states than the US. Tyranny originating within the US can only be successfully resisted from within the US, since the US government can't bomb its own cities without destroying the very economy it depends on for existence (not to mention making collateral damage out of government and contractor employees and their families, etc.).

An anti-constitutional, tyrannical government can be resisted from within with little or no need for conventional warfare. Instead, what would be needed would be individuals and small groups using stealth and cunning to retaliate for atrocities committed against the population. Even a single person with a weapon like the De Lisle carbine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine) and the necessary skills and planning under his belt could do a lot of damage. (Of course, it's very nice to have "big" weapons like the semi-auto .308, the .338 Lapua, and the .50 BMG in case things really go to hell.)

We've had law enforcement for a long time in this country, but there's never been any real Bill of Rights enforcement. Neither the military nor anyone else is defending the Constitution. I'm really starting to worry that the US police state is eventually going to force a few proud American citizens into that position.

Krugerrand
05-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Ron Paul Won't Touch Your Junk

aGameOfThrones
05-05-2011, 09:29 AM
And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I go to the airport...where I get my balls check free. And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And now I'll go to the mall...where I'll get my balls check free. And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I'll go to the strip club...where I'll get my balls check for a fee.

USA USA USA

Teaser Rate
05-05-2011, 09:46 AM
This is a perfect example of sensationalist journalism written with the sole goal of attracting viewers.

The so-called “security expert” they quote is not an unbiased consultant, but the CEO of a New York based security firm, so he has a vested interest in fear mongering.

moostraks
05-05-2011, 09:56 AM
This is a perfect example of sensationalist journalism written with the sole goal of attracting viewers.

The so-called “security expert” they quote is not an unbiased consultant, but the CEO of a New York based security firm, so he has a vested interest in fear mongering.

Is this not the same vehicle of information you and others have been telling us to trust to relay information from the White House? Furthermore cannot those of us who distrust the corporation known as the US Government to also have put forth information by its CEO President Obama because he and his cronies have a vested interest in fear mongering?:)

Glad to see you are sobering up to the need to be discerning...

FWIW most of us know that the media is a whore, the fact this article is making the circuit is what is disturbing because someone wants people to be aware of this as a potential. Cui bono? A tip would be that Washington is owned by business lobbyists and this goes deeper than the security spokesman...

pcosmar
05-05-2011, 09:56 AM

Your credibility continues to decline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQr_I9iCs6w

of course Security Companies have an interest in violating people. It's profitable.
They are lobbying for more and more. And they are succeeding.

Krugerrand
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I go to the airport...where I get my balls check free. And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And now I'll go to the mall...where I'll get my balls check free. And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I'll go to the strip club...where I'll get my balls check for a fee.

USA USA USA

I wouldn't be surprised if they started to charge us on the spot for these mandatory screenings.

Cleaner44
05-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Democracies suck. I will take a free Republic over a police state democracy any and every day. Suck it Israel, democracies and those who stand with them.

aGameOfThrones
05-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started to charge us on the spot for these mandatory screenings.

Well, they already charge those who fly, it's called...

Passenger Civil Security Fee

A September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 is charged for each one-way flight segment to fund screeners, equipment, and other costs of the Transportation Security Administration.

georgiaboy
05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm still pissed to this day that I cannot carry my Swiss Army pen knife on my keychain anymore because of the overthetop insanity of airport security. And only ticketed passengers onto the terminals? It just goes on and on.

People think the terrorists aren't winning. Every time this kind of freedom is abridged, they win.

Krugerrand
05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Well, they already charge those who fly, it's called...

They'd be much smarter to work it like a bus fare. Exact change only. Pay at the time.

People who can't pay are fined and charged court costs (or tasered - depending on the agents whim)

aGameOfThrones
05-05-2011, 10:31 AM
They'd be much smarter to work it like a bus fare. Exact change only. Pay at the time.

People who can't pay are fined and charged court costs (or tasered - depending on the agents whim)

I feel safe already.

georgiaboy
05-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Tell me the terrorists don't get a giggle of satisfaction out of this every time they see it.

Freedom 4 all
05-05-2011, 10:50 AM

What country is better?

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM

While that may be, TSA themselves, numerous times in quotes and on the TSA website, has made it very clear that they intend, and indeed are, expanding TSA checkpoints to all forms of transportation, including surface roads and large public gatherings.

Anti Federalist
05-05-2011, 11:58 AM
He Won

Monday, May 2nd, 2011

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/05/02/he-won/

In The Looming Tower, the Pulitzer-winning history of al-Qaeda and the road to 9/11, author Lawrence Wright lays out how Osama bin Laden’s motivation for the attacks that he planned in the 1990s, and then the September 11 attacks, was to draw the U.S. and the West into a prolonged war—an actual war in Afghanistan, and a broader global war with Islam.

Osama got both. And we gave him a prolonged war in Iraq to boot. By the end of Obama’s first term, we’ll probably top 6,000 dead U.S. troops in those two wars, along with hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans. The cost for both wars is also now well over $1 trillion.

We have also fundamentally altered who we are. A partial, off-the-top-of-my-head list of how we’ve changed since September 11 . . .

•We’ve sent terrorist suspects to “black sites” to be detained without trial and tortured.
•We’ve turned terrorist suspects over to other regimes, knowing that they’d be tortured.
•In those cases when our government later learned it got the wrong guy, federal officials not only refused to apologize or compensate him, they went to court to argue he should be barred from using our courts to seek justice, and that the details of his abduction, torture, and detainment should be kept secret.
•We’ve abducted and imprisoned dozens, perhaps hundreds of men in Guantanamo who turned out to have been innocent. Again, the government felt no obligation to do right by them.
•The government launched a multimillion dollar ad campaign implying that people who smoke marijuana are complicit in the murder of nearly 3,000 of their fellow citizens.
•The government illegally spied and eavesdropped on thousands of American citizens.
•Presidents from both of the two major political parties have claimed the power to detain suspected terrorists and hold them indefinitely without trial, based solely on the president’s designation of them as an “enemy combatant,” essentially making the president prosecutor, judge, and jury. (I’d also argue that the treatment of someone like Bradley Manning wouldn’t have been tolerated before September 11.)
•The current president has also claimed the power to execute U.S. citizens, off the battlefield, without a trial, and to prevent anyone from knowing about it after the fact.
•The Congress approved, the president signed, and the U.S. Supreme Court upheld a broadly written law making it a crime to advocate for any organization the government deems sympathetic to terrorism. This includes challenging the “terrorist” designation in the first place.
•Flying in America now means enduring a humiliating and hassling ritual that does little if anything to actually make flying any safer. Every time the government fails to catch an attempt at terrorism, it punishes the public for its failure by adding to the ritual.
•American Muslims, a heartening story of success and assimilation, are now harassed and denigrated for merely trying to build houses of worship.
•Without a warrant, the government can search and seize indefinitely the laptops and other personal electronic devices of anyone entering the country.
•The Department of Homeland Security now gives terrorism-fighting grants for local police departments across the country to purchase military equipment, such as armored personnel carriers, which is then used against U.S. citizens, mostly to serve drug warrants.

I’m relieved that bin Laden is dead. And the Navy SEALs who carried out the harrowing raid that ended his life have my respect and admiration. And for all the massive waste and abuse our government has perpetrated in the name of fighting terrorism over the last decade, there’s something satisfying in knowing that he was killed in a limited, targeted operation based on specific intelligence.

But because of the actions of one guy, we allowed all the bullet points above to happen. That we managed to kill him a decade after the September 11 attacks is symbolically important, but hardly seems worth the celebrations we saw across the country last night. There was something unsettling about watching giddy crowds bounce around beach balls and climb telephone polls last night, as if they were in the lawn seats at a rock festival. Solemn and somber appreciation that an evil man is gone seemed like the more appropriate reaction.

Yes, bin Laden the man is dead. But he achieved all he set out to achieve, and a hell of a lot more.

He forever changed who we are as a country, and for the worse.

Mostly because we let him.

That isn’t something a special ops team can fix.

James Madison
05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
What country is better?

Unfortunately, the US is the only place we can make a last stand. All other countries are already unarmed and completely domesticated.

Pericles
05-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Unfortunately, the US is the only place we can make a last stand. All other countries are already unarmed and completely domesticated.
Basically, every other country has already been sissified.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2002/09/18/why_americas_become_sissified