PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Ron Paul Really Stand on Immigration? | Republican Liberty Caucus

Zatch
05-04-2011, 08:35 AM
http://www.rlc.org/2011/05/04/where-does-ron-paul-really-stand-on-immigration/

kkassam
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
There's a lot of talk that Ron Paul has shifted his immigration views since 2008 (Numbers USA, VDARE, John Derbyshire) and now that claim is being repeated, spread and analyzed. Someone ought to actually ask him if he has (I don't think so).

Pete Kay
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Ron Paul needs to be more firm with his position on immigration and make clear statements. A nation cannot be sovereign if it cannot control its borders. I supported Ron Paul in 2008 because he was for national sovereignty. His wishy washy statements do not cut it for me and does not for the majority of conservative Americans.

sailingaway
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
It is in his book. He never said before precisely what happens to current illegal immigrants after illegal immigrants can no longer use public schools or get medical care (without being deported) and after states can enforce laws, etc. Now he does, and it is a sort of probationary legalization if they have been here a long time and have never committed an 'other crime' AND have a sponsor so they are unlikely to use public funds, and unless later caught committing a crime or using taxpayer services. It cuts off 'chain migration' from them so the ADDITIONAL 60 to 120 million coming from them projected under the comprehensive immigration plans floated before wouldn't happen, and they would never, ever be able to modify their status to get citizenship nor taxpayer funded benefits, they would have to leave and start over for that.

The idea of any sort of legalization made a couple of people write very inflammatory articles and gave the highly leftist environmentalist guy running Numbers USA an excuse to sink his grade to an F, which is ludicrous for someone who would cut education to illegal immigrants and end birthright citizenship and sanctuary cities, to name just a few elements of his plan, and his consistent voting records on those elements.

Matt Collins
05-04-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZsBiZYocg

kkassam
05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the clarification, sailingaway. In what I'd read, noone had actually pinpointed that.