PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a scouting report on the debate moderator?

DirtMcGirt
05-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Who is the moderator? I know you should never ask a question while you are on the internet but I couldn't find it on my 1st search. :collins:

Kotin
05-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Isn't it Bret Baier and like 2 others?

DirtMcGirt
05-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Brett Baier- Bret Baier (born August 4, 1970 in Rumson, New Jersey[1]) is an American journalist and the host of Special Report with Bret Baier on Fox News Channel.[2] He previously worked as the network's Chief White House Correspondent and Pentagon correspondent.Baier attended Marist School, a private Catholic high school in Atlanta, graduating in 1988. Baier then attended DePauw University, graduating in 1992. He is a member of Sigma Chi fraternity.
Baier is a Roman Catholic and attends Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown.[4]
Baier and his wife Amy have one child: a son, Paul, who was born with heart defects. Before Paul had open-heart surgery, President George W. Bush invited Baier and his wife and son to the Oval Office for a visit and had the White House physician update him on Paul's progress.[2]

Commentators-
Chris Wallace-Wallace was born in Chicago, Illinois. He is the son of Mike Wallace, longtime CBS 60 Minutes reporter, and Norma Kaplan. His parents divorced when he was one year old. He grew up with his stepfather, eventual CBS News President, Bill Leonard. He did not develop a relationship with his biological father until the age of 14. Leonard gave him early exposure to political journalism, hiring him as an assistant to Walter Cronkite at the 1964 Republican National Convention.
Wallace attended Harvard University. He first reported news on-air for WHRB, the student radio station at Harvard College. He memorably covered the 1969 occupation of University Hall by students and was detained by Cambridge police, using his one phone call to sign off a report from Cambridge City Jail.
Although accepted at Harvard Law School, Wallace instead took a job with the Boston Globe. He says he realized he wanted to move to television when he noticed all the reporters at the 1972 political conventions were watching the proceedings on TV instead of in person. For a time in the early 1970s, he worked for Chicago CBS owned-and-operated station WBBM-TV.
Juan Williams-Williams was born in Colon, Panama, near the Canal Zone. His father, Roger, a boxing trainer, and his mother, Alma, a seamstress, raised him in the Episcopal Church.[citation needed] When he was four years, old his family emigrated to the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York. In high school, Williams earned a scholarship to attend Oakwood Friends School in Poughkeepsie, New York, where he became clerk of the student body, editor of the student paper and was captain of the baseball, cross-country and championship basketball teams. Williams then received a scholarship to Haverford College, where he graduated with a B.A. in philosophy in 1976.[3
Shannon Bream-She is a graduate of Liberty University and earned a Juris Doctorate with honors from Florida State University College of Law. Bream was Miss Virginia 1990, competing in the Miss America Pageant, and Miss Florida USA 1995, competing in the Miss USA Pageant. She is one of very few women to have competed in these two national pageants representing different states. She grew up in Tallahassee, Florida. She is married to Sheldon Bream, whose brother is retired Major League baseball player Sid Bream.

devil21
05-04-2011, 01:03 PM
So basically the same schmucks from 2007/08 debates.

angelatc
05-04-2011, 01:13 PM
So basically the same schmucks from 2007/08 debates.

Juan Williams certainly wasn't in the last debate. I don't remember Shannon Bream. (WTF is Liberty University? )

ETA: Bream joined Fox in 2007, so it's pretty unlikely she hosted a debate.

devil21
05-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I meant the other two. Wallace and Baier.

JVParkour
05-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Liberty University is my my University's conference. It is a christian school, but almost to a propogandishly scary level. (I am a serious Christian, so I am not biased...) Like, if you want to go on a date with a member of the opposite sex, you have to get the schools permission.

speciallyblend
05-04-2011, 05:47 PM
they work for fox enuff said bendover

realtonygoodwin
05-04-2011, 07:43 PM
"...Pawlenty will be the most plausible candidate for the nomination on stage Thrusday night. The former Minnesota governor's calm and reasoned demeanor will set him apart from the far-right firebrands who will be on stage." - Juan Williams, one of the moderators for the GOP debate. So nice Fox News has already picked sides.