PDA

View Full Version : Remember WE Are the Choir

UtahApocalypse
05-03-2011, 09:52 PM
I see many posts, and I have been just as guilty of this at times. Reading an article, watching an interview or debate and hearing Ron Paul "Hit a home run out of the park!!"

Looking back on 07'-08' that may have been one of our biggest detractions to our efforts. The belief that we were leading, that we had won every debate, that we were right every time.

While this may be true to US we need to remember that our message, our princliples, and ideals are not "mainstream." The average American voter (sadly) is typically not able to, or wanting to think in terms of logic, or in depth about issues.

I all ready have seen posts that are saying Ron Paul will "crush the rest of them" in the debate this week. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. It does not matter what WE as the "Ron Paul Choir" think or believe but that of the Average American Voter.

I am not positive what can be done to better this situation. It is just something that each of us needs to be aware of as we campaign. Just because WE see something as a victory does not mean we have won in the Hearts of those that will matter come election day.

BlackTerrel
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I notice it as well. Including among myself. It's hard not to.

I have the same issue any time the Falcons or Hawks play I always feel that the refs are biased against them, and my friends will say the same. Sometimes you need to take a step and look at things objectively - but it's not how we are built as people.