PDA

View Full Version : Debate Day Moneybomb = BRING THE TROOPS HOME Money Bomb!!!!

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I have continued to harp on the idea that we need to underpromise and overdeliver. I am going to try and convince myself we are only raising a half million dollars this Thursday, which by the way, is 24 hours away!.

How can we make this Money Bomb an earth-shattering event? Simple! Tie it in with BRING THE TROOPS HOME! Tell all of your friends, family and co-workers on FB, Twitter, E-mail, and in person that if they agree we need to end the war on terror and bring the troops home now that we have caught Osama bin Laden, then this is how they can send a message to Barack Obama himself, even if they are a supporter.

Tell them to donate to the Ron Paul Debate Day BRING THE TROOPS HOME money bomb. Tell them he will be the only candidate on stage who will actually bring all the troops home. Tell them to donate a measely $5 if that's all they can spare. The more the better. Keep harping on BRING THE TROOPS HOME moneybomb.

Those on the Right that will never vote for Ron will never donate to the moneybomb anyway! Those on the Left that prefer Barack Obama probably have RP as their favorite of all the Republicans. Get them to send a message to Obama by supporting the BRING THE TROOPS HOME candidate. Everybody I know says "We got Bin Laden. It's time to bring the troops home and end the wars!".

Worst case to them, 77-year old Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, and their favorite Republican faces off against their hero, Barack Obama, putting pressure on Obama to actually end the wars!

For us, what this does is two things. It gets the 11/5/07 and 12/16/07 people to re-donate. And it gets Ron's numbers of individual donors to skyrocket to the moon.

God forbid if this works, and we actually surpass either November 5th or Decemeber 16th. If it doesn't, we all thought we were only raising 500K anyway!

Who's with me?

civusamericanus
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Ron Paul Debate Day Moneybomb - BRING THE TROOPS HOME Money Bomb!!!!

Are we doing this???

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Ron Paul Debate Day Moneybomb - BRING THE TROOPS HOME Money Bomb!!!!

Are we doing this???

Somebody give me one good reason why we shouldn't. Just one.

mport1
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
This is a great idea. Could we get the people running the website/FB event to promote it as that? I'd also love some graphics to go with this that we can spread around. This would be perfect timing with the bin Laden news.

civusamericanus
05-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I just posted this thread on the facebook Admins for Ron Paul 2012 linking it to the United States of America for Ron Paul 2012!

UtahApocalypse
05-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Posted to FB:

Obama claimed in 2008 he would "end the war" it is now 2011 and just days after Osama bin Laden was killed by a 40 man assault team, not the thousands of troops in Afghanistan. Obama and his team are already expressing how this is not the end, but just a step in the "war on terror"

May 5th Donate to Ron Paul the ONLY Candidate, from either party that will BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!

mport1
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Those who like this idea, please post the suggestion on the FB event as well. I think this is a great spin we can put on the event as we continue to promote it.

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Seems awfully quiet, but it IS midnight EST. I have to hit the sack soon, but I hope the DebateDay folks agree and add this.

This message appeals to everybody. We can increase the number of donors, which is a stat RP's campaign always uses. The message sent to DC would be unmistakable. "Fuck! $5,000,000 in 24 hours on a BRING THE TROOPS HOME Money Bomb that took place during the day of the first GOP debate". CNN would have to show graphics with clear and loud "BRING THE TROOPS HOME" advertising, if they showed anything at all!

We're 24 hours away as of the time I type this post. Very little time is left, but the timing is absolutely perfect.

Look at the comments from The Hill article. EVERYONE says bring the troops home. (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/159033-ron-paul-troops-should-come-home-now-that-bin-laden-killed)

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Posted to FB:

Thanks, Utah!

civusamericanus
05-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Those who like this idea, please post the suggestion on the FB event as well. I think this is a great spin we can put on the event as we continue to promote it.

We need to get the guys who set up the Ron Paul Debate Day Money Bomb site with 6,300 already attending, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_174406479272084#!/event.php?eid=176057135779358

Gage?

mport1
05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
At the very least, if we can't spread this quickly enough for this money bomb, I think this should be the sole focus of the next one.

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
This is the last time I will bump this. I am very surprised by the initial lack of reaction, but I know we are all very distracted. I see topics on various issues that don't seem to be directly related to the money bomb that is happening within 23 hours of now! Shouldn't our energies be focused on the money bomb and the first GOP debate that will be happening shortly?

Then by Friday, the debate is over and entering the weekend, we'll be back to normal basically. The next debate won't be for weeks and weeks from now. We can go right back to debating all these things we are debating. I would love to see viral pleas of BRING THE TROOPS HOME Debate Day Money Bombing. Good night, all.

JoshLowry
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I think it's a good way to market a bomb, but we're about a month late on changing it now. Doesn't mean it can't be changed...

Maybe we can do another moneybomb come the second debate with this issue at the forefront.

civusamericanus
05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
I think it's a good way to market a bomb, but we're about a month late on changing it now. Doesn't mean it can't be changed...

Maybe we can do another moneybomb come the second debate with this issue at the forefront.
I know a lot of effort has been put into the Debate Day Money Bomb, but the timing to incorporate this couldn't be better. Many people are waiting to share the link to the debate day money bomb to all their friends, so that they can remind all their friends a debate is happening Thursday. Not everyone follows the political wind like most your subscribers, we got to change with that wind, when an event like Bin Ladens death, offers Ron Paul an opportunity to get his message out like "Bring Home the Troops!" we have to jump on it!

speciallyblend
05-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Bring the Troops Home, tweeted and fb!!! with www.debateday.com

breaking news, obama sends 500 troops home, bring the troops home has been accomplished now back to our latest war!!!

DXDoug
05-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Doing it Now on FB AND Craigslist. Join IN TODAY Lets LET The WHOLE internet know about this money bomb!!

civusamericanus
05-04-2011, 06:52 AM
We're in a 15 Hour HOLD pattern until the money bomb explodes! When talking to your friends mention "Bring The Troops Home". As for it being part of this money bomb, it doesn't look likely, I haven't seen any traction on this thread. Too bad, we can't change course a little :(

speciallyblend
05-04-2011, 07:23 AM
We're in a 15 Hour HOLD pattern until the money bomb explodes! When talking to your friends mention "Bring The Troops Home". As for it being part of this money bomb, it doesn't look likely, I haven't seen any traction on this thread. Too bad, we can't change course a little :(

i will be using as many tags on twitter as i can and using term bring our troops home already tweeted last night and fb'ed!!

Bring the Troops Home moneybomb!! http://www.debateday.com/

zerosdontcount
05-04-2011, 07:40 AM
I love this idea, but I feel we should save it for when we have much more attention. Most people don't know there is even a debate tomorrow. If we save it for the next bomb or one when we can get more attention we can make it all about bringing the troops home including designing military style banners and the like...

civusamericanus
05-04-2011, 07:50 AM
I love this idea, but I feel we should save it for when we have much more attention. Most people don't know there is even a debate tomorrow. If we save it for the next bomb or one when we can get more attention we can make it all about bringing the troops home including designing military style banners and the like...
That's reasonable logic.

KramerDSP
05-04-2011, 08:30 AM
It is reasonable, but I fear something major happens before the second debate takes placeand the country is whipped into a patriotic frenzy. Oh well.