PDA

View Full Version : Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History

nemt4paul
05-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Has anyone read this book: Lies the Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History by the judge? Do you recommend it?

I'm looking for solid resources: books, websites, videos and articles that can be pointed to as proof the government lies to us, with specific examples throughout history. I mean examples where the government is flat out caught red handed in a lie.

The reason I am searching is because I am naturally skeptical of government and to be quite honest I'm just skeptical by nature of everything. I need solid proof. I feel I'm a very solid critical thinker, however, many people like to paint that as a conspiracy theorist.

Example. When the Bin Laden story broke I took it all in......not really knowing how to react to it. Over the last couple of days while researching the incident I've been increasingly upset at the details of his killing.

It was initially reported that Obama's wife was used as a human body shield. I just knew that was a load of shit from the beginning. Can you picture Bin Laden hiding behind or throwing a woman in front of him as the seals moved in? Good one. Then it comes out today that the white house is backing off that statement. I honestly believe that information was put out there in the initial reports to paint Bin Laden in a negative light. It was deliberate, plain and simple.

Now if I would have cast doubt on that simple fact yesterday, I would have been branded a conspiracy theorist. Today I'm vindicated. I do believe we killed Bin Laden this week, however, I don't believe the account whatsoever. The government will paint the picture how they want us to see it and the sheep will lap it up.

Fact is......government lies to us everyday. People who don't believe that are gullible sheep.

DamianTV
05-03-2011, 08:44 PM
If you are doing the footwork, you will learn from experience not to trust either side. That includes us here. Just because I say something does not mean it to be 100% true. I fuck up a lot.

He who controls the past controls the present and he who controls the present controls the future. History is subject to interpretation, and Woodrow Wilson was not one of the greatest Presidents as the history books would point out, and the Federal Reserve (Wilson) is not a good thing. Even he was smart enough to realize this after he fucked us.

nemt4paul
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks Damian....I know a great deal of history, I teach it. I know of many instances of where the government has lied, I was just wondering if anyone had a definitive book on the subject.

The thing is.....if you I go on ranting about the Federal Reserve, I lose people.

axiomata
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Just because I say something does not mean it to be 100% true. I fuck up a lot.

Even he was smart enough to realize this after he fucked us.

Perhaps a case in point.

I have not seen that "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country." quote you seem to be referencing actually sourced.