PDA

View Full Version : RNC Chair: Wait for surprise candidates

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 05:32 PM
RNC Chief: Wait for Surprise Candidates in 2012 White House Race (http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/05/03/rnc-chief-wait-for-surprise-candidates-in-2012-white-house-race?msg=1)

RNC Chief: Wait for Surprise Candidates in 2012 White House Race

The pool of GOP White House hopefuls could be getting bigger. Last week, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour jumped out and Rep. Ron Paul dipped his toes in, but Republican National Committee chief Reince Priebus says some surprise candidates are waiting to jump in. “The very idea of America is at stake in this next election,” Priebus says. “Many people are going to feel compelled to get into the race.” He doesn’t know who that might be, though two new polls show Mike Huckabee leading in South Carolina. But he does say the field will be solidified by summer’s end. And by the time of the convention in Tampa next year, Republicans will “feel that they will have a very good alternative to Barack Obama.” Priebus also says the RNC can have its debt down to under $5 million from $20 million by the end of the year by “reaching out and earning trust.”

The comments below thus far are awesome. :D

UtahApocalypse
05-03-2011, 05:34 PM
"Wait until we select the media darling and go full steam in the MSM" -- thats what im getting from this

PermanentSleep
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Priebus also says the RNC can have its debt down to under $5 million from $20 million by the end of the year by “reaching out and earning trust.”

^Sounds like the beginning to a stand up comedy act. And how exactly do they plan on earning enough "trust" to lower their debt by $15 million when they've been running on limited government and cutting spending for as long as I can remember. Not only have they increased government, increased the Federal Government debt, but also currently hold $20 million in debt as a party.

The only way I can see them "reaching out and gaining trust" enough to settle that debt, is to call off the primaries and announce Ron Paul as the nominee tomorrow. Then maybe they could be taken seriously. /end daydream

AlexMerced
05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
You know who's the surprise candidate... Jimmy McMillan

nate895
05-03-2011, 06:00 PM

He's already in the race.

TIMB0B
05-03-2011, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB2GboGOuTI

AlexMerced
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
He's already in the race.

I know he said he was getting, but has he actually filed

if not him then... dum dum dum... Alvin Greene

nate895
05-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I know he said he was getting, but has he actually filed

Well, if you go to www.jimmymcmillan.org, you can contribute to his campaign.

eduardo89
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM

No way that Washington-insider wins.

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 08:24 PM
More fantastic comments below the article. To be fair, I think everyone is reading bin Laden articles.