PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Christie would lead Republican candidates in presidential primary, poll shows

Flash
05-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Gov. Chris Christie outperformed 17 other potential candidates in a poll released today that asked likely Republican primary voters to pick a presidential nominee.

Of the 500 people surveyed in a Rasmussen poll, 30 percent said they would "definitely" vote for Christie, 22 percent said they would "probably" vote for the New Jersey governor, and another 22 percent they would vote against him. The remaining 26 percent said they were unsure.

Christie has repeatedly said he is not running for president in 2012.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/gov_christie_receives_strong_s.html

specsaregood
05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Until word gets out that he is anti-2nd amendment that is....

And despite all the hoopla about Christie, he got an amendment in place that caps the amount of INCREASE in property taxes each year. Big effing whoopie, in a state that already has some of the highest property taxes in the nation he caps the rate of increase. I mean sure its better than nothing but it isn't an accomplishment to go cheering about.

sailingaway
05-03-2011, 04:47 PM
If polls say so it must be true....until he's vetted, as specsaregood points out.

emazur
05-03-2011, 05:00 PM
This shows that with hardly knowing any of his other views, a candidate can make himself hugely appealing to the voting public with just one stunt if the media is willing to cover it. It doesn't even require positive action, just stopping a negative action from occurring. Makes you wonder what Ron could do do achieve results similar to Christie.

Flash
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
This shows that with hardly knowing any of his other views, a candidate can make himself hugely appealing to the voting public with just one stunt if the media is willing to cover it. It doesn't even require positive action, just stopping a negative action from occurring. Makes you wonder what Ron could do do achieve results similar to Christie.

Yeah, Christie was created by the media. They will never give that much positive attention to Ron or Rand Paul.

By the way, I wasn't celebrating this news, I use the exclamation point Post Icon to show something is important.

Humanae Libertas
05-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Until word gets out that he is anti-2nd amendment that is....

And despite all the hoopla about Christie, he got an amendment in place that caps the amount of INCREASE in property taxes each year. Big effing whoopie, in a state that already has some of the highest property taxes in the nation he caps the rate of increase. I mean sure its better than nothing but it isn't an accomplishment to go cheering about.

Seeing the last presidential candidates that received the Republican nomination, it would not surprise me one bit if Republicans' decided to toss the 2nd amendment under the bus (again). I mean, there was Bush Sr., Bob Dole, W. Bush, then McCain -- all were pretty anti-gun, though not too extraordinary like some other politicians'.

I guess Republicans wanna get screwed again.