PDA

View Full Version : First NH GOP Debate moved to June 13

muzzled dogg
05-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Details Set For NH GOP Debate
Debate Scheduled For June 13
UPDATED: 5:00 am EDT April 28, 2011

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- The first Republican presidential primary debate in New Hampshire will take place June 13 on the campus of Saint Anselm College, the three media sponsors announced Thursday.

WMUR, CNN and the New Hampshire Union Leader said the debate will air live from 8 to 10 p.m. ET in New Hampshire and across the country. New Hampshire is an important state in presidential politics and will play an influential role in helping choose the Republican nominee.

WMUR, CNN and the Union Leader hosted the first Granite State presidential debates at Saint Anselm in 2007. Those events helped introduce the Republican and Democratic candidates to voters in New Hampshire and throughout the nation.

The debate was initially scheduled for June 7, but organizers decided to move it because of a broadcast scheduling conflict.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/politics/27693303/detail.html#ixzz1LJIaE9yB
http://www.wmur.com/politics/27693303/detail.html

Aratus
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
its JUNE 13th...?
cooooooooooooool!
i'm gonna have
to patiently wait!

po14015
05-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Good, more time for us to get signs up there and organized.

Tinnuhana
05-08-2011, 12:01 AM
A week later and I could go :(

civusamericanus
05-08-2011, 12:12 AM
WMUR TV9 NH co-host of CNN 2012 GOP Primary Debate - Omits hyper-link for Ron Paul among NH Primary candidates. Is this just more unfortunate human error, or more bias, well we know the answer to that. This is starting off rather ridiculous!

However, Ron Paul is listed on the right calendar, but not as a searchable link.

hptp://politicalscoop.wmur.com/category/news/2012nhprimary

thedude
05-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Details from the host...

http://www.anselm.edu/News/Saint-Anselm-to-Host-CNN-Republican-Debate-June-13.htm

Tickets
Planning remains in the early stages. We have no information on the audience size or tickets for the debate at this time. When this information becomes available, we will post news on the college's website and social media sites. In the meantime, we ask you to please refrain from making requests for tickets.

liberalrepublican
05-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Hopefully they let Fred Karger in the debate, the GOP would do good to demonstrate diversity in view points.

Agorism
05-10-2011, 07:16 AM
What about the Luntza focus group?

That's what we need tickets for.

JerseyRP
05-10-2011, 10:26 AM
So this is not a FOX debate?! ::Fingers Crossed:: Ths is CNN orchastrated?

gls
05-10-2011, 11:17 AM
So this is not a FOX debate?! ::Fingers Crossed:: Ths is CNN orchastrated?

CNN is no better. Let me share a personal anecdote to prove my point. I was working in Manchester NH a few months before the primary when I went outside on my break to the parking lot to discover that CNN had set up their "Election Express" bus and John Roberts was preparing to do a report. I asked the producer if I could go to my car and get a candidate's sign to hold up in the background, and he said "Sure, that'd be great!" Well I came back less than a minute later with my Ron Paul 2008 sign and the producer sneers at me and says "Oh, not that guy." before directing a couple of his goons to make sure I stayed out of the shot.

Fox, CNN, NBC...it doesn't matter, the corporate media all has the same agenda, and it's not freedom.

JerseyRP
05-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Understood, but fox debate wasn't even a debate. It was just questions. I'd much rather see an actual debate, not that CNN will be any better but it's worth a shot

KatieForPaul
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Understood, but fox debate wasn't even a debate. It was just questions. I'd much rather see an actual debate, not that CNN will be any better but it's worth a shot

I totally agree. The first "debate" was more of a Q&A session with a few potentials. There was no debating going on.

Ron Paul always wins in real debates. He can't be backed into a corner, but they really do try. That is one thing he has going for him that the others don't... he has real answers, consistent answers, truthful answers....none of the regurgitated rhetoric and propaganda that the others tout.

Restore-America-NOW
05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Ron Paul always wins in real debates. He can't be backed into a corner, but they really do try. That is one thing he has going for him that the others don't... he has real answers, consistent answers, truthful answers....none of the regurgitated rhetoric and propaganda that the others tout.

Yeah, they didn't really try much in SC though.

By the way, is there a list of candidates participating in the NH debate yet? Hopefully this one will be more interesting.

sunghoko
05-22-2011, 12:31 AM
bunch of targeted questions, where the fringe candidates get the most irrelevant questions. I still remember that CNN debate where Tancredo was asked about the space program.

This is how they need to do it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5yN88LGng

How about at least 5 minute speeches from each of them. MSM always controlling the content. The most fair debate IMO was the PBS debate.

MozoVote
05-22-2011, 10:27 AM
That CNN debate in Florida last election cycle was dreadful. They skipped Ron Paul as much as possible and waited until near the end of the program, before showing the grassroots "YouTube" ad for him.