PDA

View Full Version : Julian Assange: Facebook Is 'Appalling Spy Machine' (VIDEO)

Agorism
05-03-2011, 02:54 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/julian-assange-facebook-is-spy-machine_n_856313.html

Here we have the world's most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations, their communications with each other, their relatives, all sitting within the United States, all accessible to U.S. intelligence.

-Assange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

Indy Vidual
05-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Julian Assange is stating the obvious, IMO.
Wow... they've got the Internet on computers now? ~Homer Simpson
Didn't they already admit having the power to read all emails and listen to all phone calls, a few years ago?

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-03-2011, 03:21 AM
This is why I don't use Facebook. They've proven over and over again they have no regard for their users' privacy.

Agorism
05-03-2011, 03:24 AM
As he said, there are backdoors in yahoo, google and gmail, apple, and every major internet company as a matter of convenience.

Use Ghostery app for firefox, safari, and ie. It cuts down on some of the google tracking...to a degree. I didn't realize that google could track even after you leave with google part and go onto regular pages.

Agorism
05-17-2011, 04:30 PM
bump

SS question 7th grader after facebook quote. (http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-secret-service-the-feds-question-a-tacoma-seventh-grader-for-a-facebook-comment-about-president-obama-and-suicide-bombers-20110516,0,5762882.story)

RileyE104
05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I use Facebook to spread our message....

Gumba of Liberty
05-17-2011, 06:29 PM
At this point who cares. Big brother can have a front row seat to their own demise if they want. You think they're going to follow Communist (fascist) China and lock us all up and thats going to fly in America? "You, you looked up Ron Paul too many times. You wrote that you hate a bunch of strangers messing with your life. Your a terrorist." Good luck. I'll take a jury trial.

goRPaul
05-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I quit FB two years ago, and won't go back.

awake
05-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I dunno, the picture of Zuckerberg and Obama toasting to fascism pretty much confirmed for me what Facebook is going to eventually be about. Most people think they are sharing with friends and family, few know that everything can be seen and accessed by the controllers.

I think there was a time in Germany when the state wanted to know every ones where abouts and contacts...They could only dream that one day it would take no force at all to get the masses to log themselves in almost every detail.

Absent the existence of the state, Facebook is a marvel and wonder of entrepreneurial excellence. But we live in a world where government acts with little restraint. Facebook is an easy apple to pick for those who's job it is to ensure we never become free from them.

cdc482
05-17-2011, 07:21 PM
This title is very misleading. And facebook is a private company. The info isn't used by Big Brother. It's used by your friends and maybe facebook for ad purposes. Trying to knock sense into you guys. I agree with you all politically, but I feel like a lot of ppl on these forums take their political stances way too much into their personal life.

CUnknown
05-17-2011, 07:50 PM
This title is very misleading. And facebook is a private company. The info isn't used by Big Brother. It's used by your friends and maybe facebook for ad purposes. Trying to knock sense into you guys. I agree with you all politically, but I feel like a lot of ppl on these forums take their political stances way too much into their personal life.

Of course the info is used by Big Brother. In fact, I think data mining for intelligence (and advertisement) purposes was part of the reason for it's creation. Also sites like OK Cupid had this in mind, I have no doubt.

But, I do use Facebook, it's a convenient way to keep in touch with people and spread the message. I don't post much stuff there though.

Gumba of Liberty
05-17-2011, 08:11 PM

I agree. Know that what you are fighting for is right and speak as loudly as you possibly can (including Facebook!). If everyone you know is aware that you love liberty, Ron Paul, free markets, and transparency, you will not be thrown in prison for the truth. None of that is illegal. (BUT: If somehow you are, your friends will realize how corrupt the government is and you still win.)

Nazi Germany is not a good comparison because Hitler made it clear, in his writings and speeches, that the enemies of Germany were all non-Aryans emphasizing Jews because he, as an idiot demagogue, did not understand the concept of correlation versus causation (a few people who happened to be Jewish controlled German banking). Our traditions, as diluted as they may be and may become, are too entrenched to allow the federal government to trample the Bill of Rights like the Nazis.

If anything, putting Constitutionalists' on a "terrorists watch list" will only fuel the Revolution. Remember the Stamp Act. It will take the Government breaking into our homes for the people to wake up. That time is quickly approaching. But unlike the Germans, the American people are armed and dangerous.

For all the problems we have, we do have hope. Do not get depressed when the powers that be try to control and manipulate. Instead, as the great Turner Ashby, the Confederate General of the Shenandoah Valley whose land I currently stand over, said before he was shot and killed by Union forces, "Forward my brave men!"

We are winning. Be not afraid.

Napoleon's Shadow
05-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Didn't either the NSA or CIA have some direct funding for FB? I think I remember seeing a few articles on that subject about a year ago. Twitter too. If that is true (and maybe even if it's not) I am willing to bet that they have a backdoor similar to how the feds had a backdoor into AT&T.

showpan
05-17-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't care if they are watching me, I want them to know...that I know...lol. Which is why I post on the White House, it sets an example for others, lets them know that there are many who are fed up, not just a few. TIA tracks everything anyway, even without FB.