PDA

View Full Version : could Trump end up being the big winner from the Osama killing?

cindy25
05-02-2011, 11:27 PM
the crowds seemed to show how deep the pro-war instinct of Americans are.

these were college students, and subway riders in NYC. not your usual conservative gun-ho people.

I could easily see a Trump and his invade and take the oil policy winning a lot more votes than a Newt or Palin drill-baby-drill policy.

Obama might have his day in the sun, but he played an important card he could have used in Oct 2012, and inadvertently showed the GOP how pro-war the public is.

Aratus
05-03-2011, 10:09 AM
we are going to have to see what the impact of
the first presidential debate in S.C is going to be!

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Uhhhh....no. Trump won't be able to play the birther card now that even right wing talk radio is kissing up to Obama. And while that won't last, I don't expect the birther thing to come roaring back to life after being effectively wiped from the minds of the masses. Plus Trump can't say "Kudos to Obama for getting Osama....but I still want to see a non-layered version of that long for birth certificate". Besides, there is a lot of competition in the GOP over who can be the biggest war monger. And "let's invade and take their oil" strategy is too dumb for even a fist pumping neocon.

Maximus
05-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Trump really has has all his cards taken from him. The buzz around him seems to have left. He was exciting but once people started looking they didn't like what they saw.

Aratus
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
He fired Gary Busey way too soon? He took too long to fire Richard Hatch?

BlackTerrel
05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
the crowds seemed to show how deep the pro-war instinct of Americans are.

these were college students, and subway riders in NYC. not your usual conservative gun-ho people.

Being happy a terrorist is dead doesn't make you pro-war.

Chester Copperpot
05-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Im just picturing a crazy Gary Busey scalping Donald Trump and then putting his wig on himself pretending to be Trump