PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb in 54 hours!!!

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Look, guys. I'm just as sucked into the Osama Bin Laden story as anyone else here. But the moneybomb is less than 54 hours away as I type this (The Debate is roughly 71 hours away from now).

Can we tie the moneybomb with the idea of saying "Mission Accomplished! Send a message to the adminstration by donating to Ron Paul, however small an amount that may be (even five bucks!), so that the administration understands that the American people want us to end the wars now and bring the troops home!"?

Also, we need someone to clarify the timezone issues. I would hate for 100-200K to get messed up and not count towards the moneybomb due to people donating when in the wrong timezone.

trey4sports
05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
MONEYBOMB "bump"

mport1
05-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, we need to hit Facebook and Twitter now more than ever to promote the event as traffic is really high due to Osama's death.

dbill27
05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I hadn't thought about the time zone issue.

P.S, has Ron's official facebook page announced this yet? I know he did for the libertypac bomb. Thats a huge bump if he does.

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
The people who "ran" the last moneybomb (700Kish) had some pretty clear rules on timezones. I just would like to see those rules posted again. I am sure it is common sense. IIRC, we're basing it on the east coast. If it's midnight entering Thursday the 5th in the east coast, the safest rule would be for folks in California to NOT donate until it is midnight Thursday the 5th in their area (which would make their donations arrive after 3 am EST). The California folks would also have to stop donating by 9 PM their time (because that would be midnight entering Friday the 6th EST).

In fact, if we told everyone that the MoneyBomb rules were to only donate between 12 AM and 9 PM their time, it would stand to reason that all donations would fall within the EST 24 hour period. I actually think we should donate all in as much as possible between 12 AM and 12 PM so that the ball gets rolling and sources start reporting on the figures. The debate is at 9 PM, so hopefully, the lion's share is donated before the debate even starts and Ron has a figure he can use when answering a question about electability or support.

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, we need to hit Facebook and Twitter now more than ever to promote the event as traffic is really high due to Osama's death.

And we need to tie it in with "Mission Accomplished. Time to bring our troops home! End The Wars! Send a message to the Washington D.C. Establishment by donating an amount, however small, to Ron Paul" (this message appeals more to the left, though).

mport1
05-02-2011, 09:57 PM
And we need to tie it in with "Mission Accomplished. Time to bring our troops home! End The Wars! Send a message to the Washington D.C. Establishment by donating an amount, however small, to Ron Paul" (this message appeals more to the left, though).

Sounds good to me.

Matt Collins
05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Only 4 hours away

Wren
05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Don't see a ticker yet