PDA

View Full Version : Prescription drugs from overseas?

rodent
10-26-2007, 01:47 PM
//

freelance
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll just post it here. DON'T. Not only for the obvious reason, but lots of them aren't real--placebos and worse.

Edward
10-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Paul's position on the reimportation of pharmaceuticals:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul105.html

freelance
10-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I want them to be legal too, but right now some of the life saving drugs that people are buying from questionable sources (because that's all that's available) are worthless or tainted.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 05:40 PM
I think that importing drugs is a nice idea... but I'd never do it unless I could get a recommendation to a very reputable pharmacy that does overseas shipments AND physically visit their operations. Given how expensive some medications are, a trip to Canada might be worthwhile.

Eryxis
10-27-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm a pharmacist. E-mail me with her medications how much she is paying for them and what conditions she has. Allergic to anything? What has she had in the past that doesn't work. ALso, what does she feel like is "a lot". I have people who spend 50 bucks and get 10 different prescriptions then bitch about the cost. Also, which pharmacy does she currently use.

Ery

Bradley in DC
10-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes. I get my allergy medicine that way. So long as it is for personal use, you're fine.

Eryxis
10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Technically it's illegal. However, you aren't going to be prosecuted because there are bigger fish to fry.

rodent
10-27-2007, 08:57 PM

Eryxis
10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
If you have insurance at all there is very little chance those drugs will be cheaper cash price mail order out of the US. Find a good independent pharmacy and price shop. Don't go to wal-mart or Walgreen's for everything. They have some ridiculous mark-ups (100+ dollars). Prescription drugs aren't the problem with healthcare. They are what people actually have to pay for though so it's what's perceived as expensive. What's expensive is knee replacements, end of life care, etc. However, that doesn't get paid for out of your pocket usually.

Ery

Perry
10-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Certain countries are watched more closely. Packages from Canada get through pretty easily but if it's from Argentine...be prepared.

hankpyro
12-23-2007, 11:37 PM
I lot of Americans, especially seniors and almost-seniors, purchase their pharmaceuticals from abroad. Recently, DEA has placed ads on AOL warning that such purchasers are subject to prosecution and jail time. Many athletes purchase HGH, etc., from offshore pharmacies and congress will soon address this matter. As they will have a hard time shutting down foreign pharmacies, they will try hard to punish the buyers. Be certain that more than a few grannies will get caught in the net.