PDA

View Full Version : Michael Scheuer: "It's important that he's dead, not captured"

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Scheuer says it would have been worse if he was captured alive. He also points out that they had nothing else to do because OBL didn't surrender himself. (some people here said that didn't happen... not exactly sure where they got that info)

Lucille
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Really? That surprises me.

dannno
What would have been worse?

The reaction by Muslim Extremists?

pcosmar
well He said it.
That makes all the difference in the world.
:rolleyes:

(some people here said that didn't happen... not exactly sure where they got that info)

Because he's been dead for years.

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 06:07 PM
What would have been worse?

He said a few things, I don't remember them all. One point was that he would have loved to be captured and die in US custody. Also, Scheuer says Bin Laden would have communicated with the Muslim world in the trials (I'm assuming like Saddam).

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Scheuer says it would have been worse if he was captured alive. He also points out that they had nothing else to do because OBL didn't surrender himself. (some people here said that didn't happen... not exactly sure where they got that info)

I'm not sure who "some people" are. I said that it was a kill order, and it was. I'm not expecting you to admit you were wrong though. ;)

As for Scheuer, I'm still unsure as to why some people here give this CIA operative so much credit. Anyway, he's wrong. Capturing OBL would have meant the possibility of collecting intelligence, putting him on trial etc. Of course it would be embarrassing if they put him on trial and couldn't come up with the required evidence....

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure who "some people" are. I said that it was a kill order, and it was. I'm not expecting you to admit you were wrong though. ;)

As for Scheuer, I'm still unsure as to why some people here give this CIA operative so much credit. Anyway, he's wrong. Capturing OBL would have meant the possibility of collecting intelligence, putting him on trial etc. Of course it would be embarrassing if they put him on trial and couldn't come up with the required evidence....
I don't remember who said it either. But they said it's odd that he wasn't captured and was going on about that.

doodle
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
So OBL could not have had any valuable intel about the AQ network he created and led?

Will have to see full context of his statement, it sounds bit odd.

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 06:14 PM
So OBL could not have had any valuable intel about the AQ network he created and led?

Will have to see full context of his statement, it sounds bit odd.

I highly doubt (as MS said too) that OBL would give out any info etc.

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't remember who said it either. But they said it's odd that he wasn't captured and was going on about that.

Oh that. Yeah I do remember saying that OBL didn't put up a fight. I haven't seen confirmation of that, but I have read MSM reports that OBL used his wife as a "human shield". Somehow I don't see someone who's taking a "You won't take me alive" attitude hiding behind a woman. But that's just me.

pcosmar
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Or perhaps he would (were he alive), and his handlers want to prevent that.

Cowlesy
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Drudge says the SEAL team grabbed all sorts of computers/thumb-drives etc while they were in there. I hope they can bust the whole network up now.

low preference guy
05-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Drudge says the SEAL team grabbed all sorts of computers/thumb-drives etc while they were in there. I hope they can bust the whole network up now.

I doubt that will happen. It's not a top-down organization but they have a lot of independent units. All the bombing in Libya is going to be a great recruiting tool for them.

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Ummmmm......the government now has fMRI technology where they can ask you questions or show you pictures and certain parts of your brain will light up involuntarily if there is a match.

Please see: http://www.pnas.org/content/107/21/9849

I don't expect you to know this, but it's highly suspect if Michael Scheuer doesn't. Using this technology the government could show OBL images of places or people and tell from the brain scan if OBL recognized them.

Edit: I just thought about something. This technology is relatively new (at least in civilian circles) and MS has been out of the CIA for a while so he might simply have not kept up with the current state of the art in interrogation.

mczerone
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
He said a few things, I don't remember them all. One point was that he would have loved to be captured and die in US custody. Also, Scheuer says Bin Laden would have communicated with the Muslim world in the trials (I'm assuming like Saddam).

So because it would have made OBL happy, it would have been wrong? I don't care about his feelings, one way or the other. The story is that at least one Navy Seal took an order to execute an old man after breaking into his compound. That soldier is wrong for following that order. Whoever made the order (Obama seems to be taking this credit) is wrong, whoever pushed him to make the order is wrong, and whoever supports this is wrong.

Fan or not of capital punishment, there is no excuse for targeted killings without some sort of due process to at least verify the identity of the suspect.

And trials can be contained in secrecy, if there's a true threat. Even international courts would allow a day or two of closed sessions if the prosecution can show their necessity. These excuses from Scheuer are really lame.

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Scheuer was a CIA ANALYST!

There is a slight difference.... :rolleyes:

nate895
Somehow I don't see someone who's taking a "You won't take me alive" attitude hiding behind a woman. But that's just me.

Yeah, I don't get that part either. That's we need to step back and not jump to conclusions. Whenever something like this happens, there are going to be conflicting reports. It's simply the nature of the world. The two things we know for sure:

(1) Osama Bin Laden is dead.
(2) Obama stopped everything on a Sunday night to tell us that they did it yesterday.

When number one happened and why number two happened need to be investigated.

pcosmar

Or maybe they can learn something from the Home school assignments and kids games.

And NO, I am not giving the slightest credibility to any of this story.

My best guess is that this was a total SNAFU and folks are in full coverup mode.

nate895
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
My best guess is that this was a total SNAFU and folks are in full coverup mode.

Some people really need to read philosophy texts, I mean this kind of statement is ridiculous with a lack of evidence.

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Scheuer was a CIA ANALYST!

There is a slight difference.... :rolleyes:

Okay, CIA analyst. That makes the fact the Scheuer (apparently) didn't know about applying modern fMRI brain scanning technology to involuntary interrogation even more suspect.

Edit: I just thought about something. This technology is relatively new (at least in civilian circles) and MS has been out of the CIA for a while so he might simply have not kept up with the current state of the art in interrogation.

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I don't get that part either. That's we need to step back and not jump to conclusions. Whenever something like this happens, there are going to be conflicting reports. It's simply the nature of the world. The two things we know for sure:

(1) Osama Bin Laden is dead.
(2) Obama stopped everything on a Sunday night to tell us that they did it yesterday.

When number one happened and why number two happened need to be investigated.

Yep. I totally agree.

pcosmar
05-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Some people really need to read philosophy texts, I mean this kind of statement is ridiculous with a lack of evidence.
My best guess being that there were over Twenty people killed and the place was full of women and kids.

add that to the multiple stories of women and kids routinely being slaughtered in these poorly planed raids.

Add the very real possibility (likelihood) that Bin Ladin has been dead for years.

add to that any "evidence" has been destroyed or buried under secret classifications.

add to that our governments long history of lies and cover ups.

SNAFU is putting it nicely.

nate895
05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
My best guess being that there were over Twenty people killed and the place was full of women and kids.

add that to the multiple stories of women and kids routinely being slaughtered in these poorly planed raids.

Add the very real possibility (likelihood) that Bin Ladin has been dead for years.

add to that any "evidence" has been destroyed or buried under secret classifications.

add to that our governments long history of lies and cover ups.

And you're best guess still doesn't mean anything.

Ray
05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Okay, CIA analyst. That makes the fact the Scheuer (apparently) didn't know about applying modern fMRI brain scanning technology to involuntary interrogation even more suspect.

I think you might be overestimating our fMRI capabilities by a few years. Even if we could use it as a lie detector test with 100% accuracy, you would have to make Bin Laden think the questions in his head while he remains completely still. Good luck with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issues_in_fMRI#Limitations_on_Experimental_Design_ and_Data_Acquisition

PatriotOne
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
He also points out that they had nothing else to do because OBL didn't surrender himself.

OMG. I hope this exposes Scheuer to alot of people. That is sooooooooooo asinine. Nothing they could do? Navy Seals couldn't capture a 57 yr old man who was so sick he had to be on dialysis for the past decade? REALLY? Or was he really a muslim super hero posing as a feeble sick man? Did he shoot spider webs out of his fingers? Did he fly? Did he possess super human strength? I hope he wasn't Aqua Man and is swimming the Atlantic at 5000 miles per hour towards New York right now.

Theocrat
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Do you have a source for his words, Jeremy?

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Do you have a source for his words, Jeremy?

freedom watch

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM
OMG. I hope this exposes Scheuer to alot of people. That is sooooooooooo asinine. Nothing they could do? Navy Seals couldn't capture a 57 yr old man who was so sick he had to be on dialysis for the past decade? REALLY? Or was he really a muslim super hero posing as a feeble sick man? Did he shoot spider webs out of his fingers? Did he fly? Did he possess super human strength? I hope he wasn't Aqua Man and is swimming the Atlantic at 5000 miles per hour towards New York right now.

Yeah I'm sure OBL and OBL's friends weren't armed...................................

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I think you might be overestimating our fMRI capabilities by a few years. Even if we could use it as a lie detector test with 100% accuracy, you would have to make Bin Laden think the questions in his head while he remains completely still. Good luck with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issues_in_fMRI#Limitations_on_Experimental_Design_ and_Data_Acquisition

Two different women in India have already been convicted of murder using this technology. It's certainly good enough to be able to show a terrorist a picture of a suspect and see if there is recognition. Besides if you have someone alive you can keep him alive while the technology is being improved.

http://rdn-consulting.com/blog/2008/09/17/eeg-based-lie-detector-convicts-murder-suspect-in-india/

Saying that something has "limitations" is not the same as saying that something is useless as you seem to be implying.

As for keeping Osama Bin Laden still, drugs work fine for that. Or you could use QEEG which doesn't require the subject to be still.

http://books.google.com/books?id=a7QooqYa8qkC&pg=PA31&lpg=PA31&dq=qeeg+knowledge+detection&source=bl&ots=7AkVq_GvVS&sig=F_Df3t6704xFqhnHy_YJIwlhVgc&hl=en&ei=g12_Tf-PGdKftwfYgJG0BQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=qeeg%20knowledge%20detection&f=false

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah I'm sure OBL and OBL's friends weren't armed...................................

It sounds like OBL was armed with....women. ;) That said the "We wouldn't be able to get any intel from OBL" line that MS is allegedly pushing is BS.

Edit: And am I the only one bothered by the fact that MS endorsed torture back in 2009?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/24/AR2009042403459.html

HOLLYWOOD
05-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Dead Men Tell No Tales

OBL is a very smart guy, I find it odd he would just lap over in a fire-fight, when he knew the high probably of a situation like yesterday would arrive. No booby-traps, rigged explosives in the camp, tunnels, backup plans for this type of hit. Hmm, his martyr plans; video tapes/communiques readied for such a day.

I can't see OBL getting this comfortable and forgetting his last Will and Testament.

PatriotOne
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Holy hell jeremy. This isnt the wild west in the 1800's. They could have shot canisters with chemicals in the house and knocked them out cold and walked in casually, had a beer and smoke and carried him outta there if they wanted to. Or 100's of other scenario's. They supposedly knew where he was for the past year and you think this was their only option? Ya think guns are our militaries only weapons?

marc1888
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
This is typical of the media propaganda shit. The idea being that Osama was a coward who hid behind his wife. The bad guys are always cowards... its only the John Wayne types like us that are heroic ;)

PatriotOne
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Edit: And am I the only one bothered by the fact that MS endorsed torture back in 2009?

Torture is good enough for everybody BUT the 9/11 mastermind. It's a waste of time for OBL :rolleyes:.

PatriotOne
05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
This is typical of the media propaganda shit. The idea being that Osama was a coward who hid behind his wife.

Such obvious media manipulation of the sheeple.

marc1888
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Dead Men Tell No Tales

OBL is a very smart guy, I find it odd he would just lap over in a fire-fight, when he knew the high probably of a situation like yesterday would arrive. No booby-traps, rigged explosives in the camp, tunnels, backup plans for this type of hit. Hmm, his martyr plans; video tapes/communiques readied for such a day.

I can't see OBL getting this comfortable and forgetting his last Will and Testament.

Probably not actually. OBL believed in his cause. He would welcome death.

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
This is typical of the media propaganda shit. The idea being that Osama was a coward who hid behind his wife. The bad guys are always cowards... its only the John Wayne types like us that are heroic ;)

Yeah. It's ridiculous. But it's the MSM story so I'm going to run with it...into the ground. ;)

Torture is good enough for everybody BUT the 9/11 mastermind. It's a waste of time for OBL :rolleyes:.

That's cause OBL was simultaneously so tough as nails that information couldn't be tortured out of him, but such a wimp that he hid behind his wife. :D

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Dead Men Tell No Tales

You didn't negate Hollywood's point. I've bolded the important part. OBL would welcome a death that didn't include the "great Satan's" agents sent to kill him?

realtonygoodwin
05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Wow. So many people in here talking about that which they know nothing of. Based off of guesses and conspiracy theories. Fascinating.

PatriotOne
05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
That's cause OBL was simultaneously so tough as nails that information couldn't be tortured out of him, but such a wimp that he hid behind his wife. :D

Well he was such a formible superhero that our navy seals couldn't take him alive so he must of had an alter ego. Superman/mild mannered Clark Kent. Super Osama/Wimpy Osama.

The mental gymnastics people perform to support the gov version may give me an aneurysm :eek:.

PatriotOne
05-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Yeah. Makes sense to go into hiding for a decade while hoping to die.

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Wow. So many people in here talking about that which they know nothing of. Based off of guesses and conspiracy theories. Fascinating.

Yes. And you know all truth....because Barack Obama told you so in a press conference. F-a-a-a-scinating. Baaaaaaa.

ds21089
05-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes. And you know all truth....because Barack Obama told you so in a press conference. F-a-a-a-scinating. Baaaaaaa.

Ty! =)

Carole
05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Perhaps Bin Laden was killed to protect the guilty. :)

doodle
05-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Question here won't be if anyone would "give out any info" but if valuable info can be extracted/collected from an HVT. I suspect other considerations may be driving this way of thinking like risk of kidnappings for his relaese etc.

Eric21ND
05-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Lots of monday morning quarterbacking going on here by people I'm willing to bet have never fired a gun at someone or had one pointed at you with bad intentions. Two things about OBL, he wanted to die for his cause, and he was ALWAYS armed.

angelatc
05-02-2011, 10:07 PM
As for Scheuer, I'm still unsure as to why some people here give this CIA operative so much credit.

Maybe because Ron Paul gives him so much credit?

tropicangela
05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
‎"We're being attacked for what we do in the Islamic world, not for who we are or what we believe in or how we live (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyUhdRFbB8)." - Michael Scheuer, former CIA Analyst

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 05:43 AM
Maybe because Ron Paul gives him so much credit?

Except Ron Paul is against torture and Michael Scheuer supports torture. So if you're going to blindly accept everything Michael Scheuer says without even [b]thinking['b] about it, as some people here do, you have no choice but to go against Ron Paul. I sincerely doubt Ron Paul gives him a blank check any more then he gives Alex Jones a blank check.

Edit: Ron Paul also gives Judge Andrew Napolitano a lot of credit. The judge just called the killing of OBL an unconstitutional killing.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 05:50 AM
‎"We're being attacked for what we do in the Islamic world, not for who we are or what we believe in or how we live (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyUhdRFbB8)." - Michael Scheuer, former CIA Analyst

So all someone has to do is kinda sorta endorse "blowback" and we'll give him a pass on endorsing torture, rendition, extrajudicial killing, and in this case a provably false analysis of interrogation capability? Really? And note, can anyone show me any link in the past 48 hours where Michael Scheuer has endorsed any option in the GWOT other than "more of the same"? I saw the interview where he said we need more operations like this one. Great. So when is MS going to take the opportunity now to endorse a pullout of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya?

vita3
05-03-2011, 06:11 AM
I like Scheuer point of views & he certainly knows the ME more than most Westerners... but I can't ever 100% believe him because he was asked by some honest citizens about World Trade Center 7 & he said he never heard of it. What? Sorry, but I've talked to too many peoople in person & researched the crimes of 911 to know it was a False Flag Attack @ it's core.

PatriotOne
05-03-2011, 07:24 AM

White House modifies Osama bin Laden account

5/2/11

The White House backed away Monday evening from key details in its narrative about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, including claims by senior U.S. officials that the Al Qaeda leader had a weapon and may have fired it during a gun battle with U.S. forces.

Officials also retreated from claims that one of bin Laden’s wives was killed in the raid and that bin Laden was using her as a human shield before she was shot by U.S. forces.

At a televised White House briefing Monday afternoon, Deputy National Security Adviser John Brennan said bin Laden joined in the fight that several residents of the Abbottabad, Pakistan, compound put up against the Navy SEALs during the 40-minute operation.

“He [bin Laden] was engaged in a firefight with those that entered the area of the house he was in. And whether or not he got off any rounds, I quite frankly don’t know,” Brennan said.

At a Pentagon briefing earlier in the day, a senior defense official said bin Laden used a woman as a human shield so he could fire shots. “He was firing behind her,” the official said.

In another background briefing early Monday morning, a senior administration official also said bin Laden put up a fight. “He did resist the assault force. And he was killed in a firefight,” the official said.

However, during a background, off-camera briefing for television reporters later Monday, a senior White House official said bin Laden was not armed when he was killed, apparently by the U.S. raid team.

Another White House official familiar with the TV briefing confirmed the change to POLITICO, adding, “I’m not aware of him having a weapon.”

“The bottom line is the team that entered that room was met with resistance and took appropriate action,” said a third American official.

The White House on Monday night declined to elaborate on the nature of the resistance bin Laden allegedly put up. However, an official confirmed that the Al Qaeda founder was shot twice, once in the head and once in the chest.

At the Monday evening briefing for TV reporters, a senior official also corrected what Brennan described earlier as “my understanding” that the woman who acted as a shield for bin Laden was one of his wives and was killed.

“A different guy’s wife was killed,” a different official familiar with the briefing for TV reporters said Monday night. Bin Laden’s wife was “injured but not killed,” the official said.

Another official familiar with the operation said it did not appear that any woman was used as a human shield, but that the woman killed and the one injured were hurt in the crossfire. The official said he believed Brennan had mixed up the episode involving bin Laden’s wife with another encounter elsewhere in the compound.

“Two women were shot here. It sounds like their fates were mixed up,” said the U.S. official. “This is hours old and the full facts are still being ascertained as those involved are debriefed.”

In another discrepancy, Brennan said during his on-the-record briefing that bin Laden’s son Khalid was killed in the attack. However, the official White House transcript had the counterterrorism adviser saying it was another son, Hamza, who perished in the raid.

The White House didn’t offer a reason for any of the changes. However, Brennan noted during his televised briefing that his information came from reports from the scene as well as live video feeds of the raid. “I wasn’t there,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54162.html#ixzz1LIMpA92T

Travlyr
05-03-2011, 07:39 AM
I like Scheuer point of views & he certainly knows the ME more than most Westerners... but I can't ever 100% believe him because he was asked by some honest citizens about World Trade Center 7 & he said he never heard of it. What? Sorry, but I've talked to too many people in person & researched the crimes of 911 to know it was a False Flag Attack @ it's core.

Exactly. When you do your own research, then the conclusions are glaringly obvious ... False Flag Attack.

Jeremy
05-03-2011, 07:43 AM
I like Scheuer point of views & he certainly knows the ME more than most Westerners... but I can't ever 100% believe him because he was asked by some honest citizens about World Trade Center 7 & he said he never heard of it. What? Sorry, but I've talked to too many peoople in person & researched the crimes of 911 to know it was a False Flag Attack @ it's core.Most people here don't believe the US government blew up WTC7.

Travlyr
05-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Most people here don't believe the US government blew up WTC7.

Most people do not take the time to do their own research.

vita3
05-03-2011, 07:49 AM
"Most people here don't believe the US government blew up WTC7. "

i don't think the US goverment did it, but corporations like SAIC, Kroll, etc are not innocent in regards to 911

RyanRSheets
05-03-2011, 08:01 AM
(some people here said that didn't happen... not exactly sure where they got that info)

Not sure about others, but what I have said is that our incompetent government hasn't given us any proof. We deserve proof that the murderer of almost 3,000 people is dead, dammit!

Travlyr
05-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Not sure about others, but what I have said is that our incompetent government hasn't given us any proof. We deserve proof that the murderer of almost 3,000 people is dead, dammit!

Actually the truth would be welcome.

Who did it is still a valid question. But the official positions are far from the truth.

The first 'official' position was that the collapse of the 47 story WTC building 7 was so inconsequential that it should ignored. It was excluded from the 911 Commission Reports.

The second 'official' position is that fire brought the building down in its own footprint in a free fall. Observing the videos, most of building 7 is not even on fire. The small fires that were observed in the building would not even melt the chocolate bars sitting on the desks in much of the building.

I wonder what their third 'official' position will be.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 08:10 AM

It's one thing to not believe the U.S. government blew up WTC 7. It's another thing to apparently not even know that WTC 7 fell in its own footprint without being hit by a plane. Now sure, maybe Scheuer simply hadn't heard that yet. It was a while before I had. But I'm not some terrorism expert. I guess what I'm saying is, people here should quit acting like if MS says something about the GWOT it must be true. But more than that, I'm very concerned about his endorsement of rendition, torture, extra-judicial killing, and the fact that he hasn't used this moment to drive home his non interventionist beliefs while the media is giving him another Warhol 15 minutes. A simple "This is great....now let's get out of Afghanistan and Iraq" would be nice.

HOLLYWOOD
05-03-2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/mar%20gaya%20mardood%20na%20fatiha%20na%20durood%2 0%20%20%20%20Laa.natullah-e-Ala-Qaum-u-Zalimeenhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NE-72ZXux-g/TJEMAckgG-I/AAAAAAAAPNo/cLgtZat2fKc/s1600/bin-laden-family.jpg

HERE's the FAKE photo the British were using in their print.
http://revo1776.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/osama_bin_laden_dead0001_1.jpg?w=197

Jeremy
05-03-2011, 08:19 AM
To be fair, I don't think I've heard anyone other than truthers mention WTC7. Maybe MS just doesn't talk to truthers.

Jeremy
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
http://revo1776.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/osama_bin_laden_dead0001_1.jpg?w=197

This photo isn't real.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 08:21 AM
To be fair, I don't think I've heard anyone other than truthers mention WTC7. Maybe MS just doesn't talk to truthers.

Well NIST released a final report on WTC 7 (thanks in part to the efforts of truthers). So MS doesn't keep up with official government reports about 9/11? :confused: Anyway, this shows the value of truthers. ;)

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 08:22 AM
This photo isn't real.

I'm pretty sure Hollywood knows that and was putting it up for effect. (Evidence of someone putting out a fake photo and trying to pass it off as really OBL).

vita3
05-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Jeremy,

What's your take on this interview with Aaron Russo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA

Why would he lie about Nick Rockefeller telling him about 911 before it happened & laughing about a perpetual war on terror?

123tim
05-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I've been looking (or quite a while) for yesterday's "opposite" post that had a video with someone stating that we should take OSB alive and put him on trial in various places....

The post have a title that I don't recognize, because I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone remember the original post or what it was called?

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I've been looking (or quite a while) for yesterday's "opposite" post that had a video with someone stating that we should take OSB alive and put him on trial in various places....

The post have a title that I don't recognize, because I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone remember the original post or what it was called?

Here's the thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290354-We-shouldn-t-have-killed-Bin-Laden

And here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLORwm-j3Yo

BlackTerrel
05-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Ummmmm......the government now has fMRI technology where they can ask you questions or show you pictures and certain parts of your brain will light up involuntarily if there is a match.

Please see: http://www.pnas.org/content/107/21/9849

I don't expect you to know this, but it's highly suspect if Michael Scheuer doesn't. Using this technology the government could show OBL images of places or people and tell from the brain scan if OBL recognized them.

How useful would that be? Show him a picture of a place and he recognizes it? Then what?

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
How useful would that be? Show him a picture of a place and he recognizes it? Then what?

* Show him pictures of captured Al Qaeda suspects. Those he "recognizes" automatically become high value targets.
* Show him pictures of potential targets. Those he "recognizes" may need more protection.

When you try someone, cross examination is basically a series of "yes/no" questions. You could ask him questions like that without his cooperation and gain all sorts of useful intel. It would certainly be more useful then what they can get now.

realtonygoodwin
05-03-2011, 11:01 AM

What are you basing that assertation on?

123tim
05-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Here's the thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290354-We-shouldn-t-have-killed-Bin-Laden

And here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLORwm-j3Yo

Thank you for the help.
Don't know why that was eluding me.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
What are you basing that assertation on?

Well you're talking about how "so many people" don't know what they are talking about. So certainly you must know. If you didn't know you wouldn't be able to so confidently say others didn't know.

libertyjam
05-03-2011, 11:07 AM
argumentum ad verecundiam

realtonygoodwin
05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Ok, I was referring to the second part that I had quoted.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Ok, I was referring to the second part that I had quoted.

Okay. My bad.

Brian4Liberty
05-03-2011, 01:25 PM
From a political standpoint, taking Bin Laden alive would be nothing but trouble. The scrutiny and legal questions that would arise would be overwhelming. "Better dead than alive" was probably the final instruction passed down to the team.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
From a political standpoint, taking Bin Laden alive would be nothing but trouble. The scrutiny and legal questions that would arise would be overwhelming. "Better dead than alive" was probably the final instruction passed down to the team.

And that should make pro liberty people feel better? Osama had to be killed to shut him up? There couldn't be "scrutiny and legal questions"? Are we now a banana republic? Napoleon had to kill Snowball?

Brian4Liberty
05-03-2011, 02:00 PM
And that should make pro liberty people feel better? Osama had to be killed to shut him up? There couldn't be "scrutiny and legal questions"? Are we now a banana republic? Napoleon had to kill Snowball?

Lol, wasn't meant to make anyone feel better; just to make you feel worse! ;)

But it was probably the mindset in the administration...completely political and amoral. They didn't want to deal with:

- the Muslim world's reactions.
- potential hostage taking to get Bin Laden released.
- legal issues about where to store him, how much to torture him, where to give him a trial, what punishment, etc, etc.
- could they actually win a prosecution?
- Constitutional legal issues.
- Didn't want to give Osama any chance to make any statements or send messages.

No doubt that outweighed any positives of getting him alive. Probably the only positive to consider was getting more info from him, and in reality, they probably don't care much about that as it would not effect their wars anyway.

jmdrake
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
LOL. Okay.

Lol, wasn't meant to make anyone feel better; just to make you feel worse! ;)

But it was probably the mindset in the administration...completely political and amoral. They didn't want to deal with:

- the Muslim world's reactions.
- potential hostage taking to get Bin Laden released.
- legal issues about where to store him, how much to torture him, where to give him a trial, what punishment, etc, etc.
- could they actually win a prosecution?
- Constitutional legal issues.
- Didn't want to give Osama any chance to make any statements or send messages.

No doubt that outweighed any positives of getting him alive. Probably the only positive to consider was getting more info from him, and in reality, they probably don't care much about that as it would not effect their wars anyway.