PDA

View Full Version : WEIGEL: Ron Paul tells me he is still putting together on his resp. to OBL killing

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 05:21 PM
daveweigel daveweigel
Ron Paul tells me he is still putting together on his response to OBL killing

This was tweeted around 6:50 PM

low preference guy
05-02-2011, 05:26 PM
putting this information out is in itself a slam on Ron Paul by weigel.

LisaNY
05-02-2011, 05:27 PM
did weigel ask his favorite gary johnson for a statement?

Maximilian American
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
An response to give is that the war on terror is an oxymoron; An eye for an eye makes the world blind... Thou shall not kill.

specsaregood
05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
did weigel ask his favorite gary johnson for a statement?

He's probably waiting for Dr. Paul to lead the way so he can come out with a lighter, less enlightened, more neo-conny version later.

anaconda
05-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Good. This means Ron will likely not issue the trite perfunctory response that Rand did, but has something more substantive in mind (Sorry Rand, I realize you are picking your fights carefully).

anaconda
05-02-2011, 05:34 PM
he's probably waiting for dr. Paul to lead the way so he can come out with a lighter, less enlightened, more neo-conny version later.

lol.

Teaser Rate
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Good. This means Ron will likely not issue the trite perfunctory response that Rand did, but has something more substantive in mind (Sorry Rand, I realize you are picking your fights carefully).

I thought Rand's response was perfect; this really isn't the time or the place to make substantive statements about foreign policy.

devil21
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
I thought Rand's response was perfect; this really isn't the time or the place to make substantive statements about foreign policy.

Seriously? It's the perfect time to comment on FP, simply because this whole shebang has come down to our foreign policy. Sure the Fox News crowd likes to chant how much OBL hated our "freedoms" but the rest of us know that his motivation was in response to US aggression and invasion of muslim lands. Instead of the mindless chanting that only reinforces INACCURACIES it's time to tie in how this whole thing started and why OBL went from friend to enemy. Hopefully since people are paying attention right now some head way can be made. Avoiding substantive statements only reinforces ignorance.

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 05:53 PM
This means Ron has something major to say. Something that will be very controversial and something that will be very brave in light of the recent nationalism going on. This is like the Rudy clash to the fifth degree.

Lucille
05-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Probably because his response will be more thoughtful than any of the others.

realtonygoodwin
05-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I do believe GJ already released a statement via FB.

low preference guy
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I do believe GJ already released a statement via FB.

yep

Gary Johnson
Along with the rest of the country, I commend our military forces and intelligence community for their amazing skill and courage in obtaining a measure of justice for all those who lost loved ones on 9/11, and for our entire nation. Terrorism did not die yesterday, but it suffered a serious blow -- and a strong message was sent.

CuseRonPaul
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Sure the Fox News crowd likes to chant how much OBL hated our "freedoms" but the rest of us know that his motivation was in response to US aggression and invasion of muslim lands.

I'd say those that subscribe to the former go way beyond just the FOX crowd

Sola_Fide
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
He's probably waiting for Dr. Paul to lead the way so he can come out with a lighter, less enlightened, more neo-conny version later.

+:collins:

BamaFanNKy
05-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Well, to be fair. We are approaching 24 hours.

Lucille
05-02-2011, 05:58 PM
And the "strong message" is that it takes us two wars, ten years, annulment of our liberties and billions upon billions to bring a mass murderer to justice. Pretty weak, Johnson.

LisaNY
05-02-2011, 06:00 PM
yep

Thank you, I was not aware he made a statement (I don't pay any attention to him). You know, looking at his statement, he sounds just like everybody else. Why do people compare him to Ron Paul? I don't see any similarities whatsoever.

Romulus
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Along with the rest of the country, I commend our military forces and intelligence community for their amazing skill and courage in obtaining a measure of justice for all those who lost loved ones on 9/11, and for our entire nation. Terrorism did not die yesterday, but it suffered a serious blow -- and a strong message was sent.

team amerkia - fuck yeah!