PDA

View Full Version : Numbers USA: Ron Paul downgraded to "f" on immigration

libertygrl
05-02-2011, 04:38 PM
THIS SUCKS! I just received the following email. This could potentially be a big problem.

Numbers USA shouldn't be easily dismissed. They have a HUGE voting block of members and have also been very influential in stopping past amnesty bill attempts. How should supporters address this?

RON PAUL'S NEW BOOK COMBINES WITH LACKLUSTER
RECORD IN CONGRESS TO PLUMMET HIM
TO AN 'F' IN IMMIGRATION GRADES

The biggest problem with Rep. Paul's (R-Texas) latest comments on immigration is that they are NOT just some ad hoc thoughts tossed off carelessly at some speaking event. These are engraved in a brand new book.

Until the release of the book, Liberty Defined, Dr. Paul had a mixed record in Congress and the fact that he had taken the NumbersUSA "No Amnesty" pledge at the end of his Presidential campaign in 2008.

That had earned him a C-minus on our 2012 Presidential Hopefuls Immigration Stances Report Card. Not impressive, but the third best (behind Rep. Bachman with a B-minus and Gov. Tim Pawlenty with a C+) of all the Hopefuls.

PAUL NOW 2nd WORST OF ALL HOPEFULS ON IMMIGRATION

In the graphic below, you will see how we have had to rate Dr. Paul on the 12 most important immigration categories.

The ratings add up to an overall stance that just barely misses warranting an F-minus and squeaks through just better than Pres. Obama. It is significantly worse than the grade of former Speaker Gingrich who had previously been the worst of all Republican Hopefuls on immigration.

Also, here is where you get information about how to contact Congressman Paul about his immigration positions.

Join the conversation about this new development among Presidential Hopefuls by clicking here.

PAUL SUPPORTERS, YOU HAVE YOUR WORK CUT OUT FOR YOU

We do not endorse candidates and we do not judge them on anything other than their immigration stances.

For those of you who already support a Hopeful for other reasons, we encourage you to pressure your favorite candidate to improve his/her immigration stances to earn a better NumbersUSA grade.

Obviously, those of you who are big supporters of Ron Paul have your work cut out for you.

PREZ GRADE WORSE THAN CONGRESS GRADE

If you look up Rep. Paul's immigration grade for his congressional actions, you will find a much better report. He earns a 'B' grade over his career.

But you will find that only one Republican in Congress has a worse grade on border issues than Ron Paul. Furthermore, he has failed to act in every category of immigration during this new Congress.

His grade on Presidential stances is different because it is based not just on what he has done but on what he publicly says he would do as President. As a Member of Congress, he has been able to avoid acting on many immigration issues, thus protecting his grade a little.

SEVERE BACKSLIDING ON AMNESTY

In his book, Dr. Paul sounds very much like supporters of Comprehensive Amnesty measures by talking about the impossibility of sending back home 11 million illegal aliens.

Like most amnesty supporters who say they oppose "amnesty," Dr. Paul seems to buy the false choice between "legalization" or mass deportation. Since he says mass deportation isn't possible, he feels he has to choose some kind of legalization.

He fails to support Attrition Through Enforcement, which is the middle way supported by most anti-amnesty Members of Congress.

He would limit the legalization by perhaps not allowing the illegal aliens to ever be citizens or to vote. But they still would get to stay in the U.S. and to keep their U.S. jobs, while millions of Americans who want the jobs would have to stay unemployed.

"It could be argued that (this system) may well allow some immigrants who come here illegally a beneficial status without automatic citizenship or tax-supported benefits -- a much better option than deportation," Rep. Paul writes on page 156.

MORE FOREIGN WORKERS SOUGHT
WHILE REMOVING EMPLOYERS FROM RESPONSIBILITY

Congressman Paul in his book espouses a largely unfettered business philosophy that seeks to allow employers to import far more foreign labor than they do now. His comments in this vein seem oblivious to the 22 million Americans unable to find a full-time job.

Nor is he much interested in punishing businesses for hiring illegal foreign workers, saying the U.S. should NOT "punish third parties for not being keen to act as law enforcement agents in regard to illegal immigration."

Requiring businesses to verify the legality of workers is a form of "compulsory servitude," he writes. This is consistent with his record. In his more than a decade in Congress, he has never co-sponsored a bill mandating E-Verify.

He says the federal government -- not businesses -- should keep illegal aliens out. But how does that happen without cutting off the jobs magnet at the work place? Tens of millions of foreign citizens visit our country each year legally as students, temporary workers and tourists. Border enforcement can do nothing to keep them from overstaying their visas and taking U.S. jobs.

Nearly every business that has ever used E-Verify extols its virtues and ease of use. Rep. Paul seems to want to set himself up as a protector of businesses, but his positions primarily protect outlaw businesses to the disadvantage of patriotic, law-abiding, community-loving business owners who comprise the majority of employers.

For political supporters of Rep. Paul, they can hope that the immigration sections of the new book were ghost written by naive aides and that Rep. Paul will soon disavow them. For now, though, NumbersUSA has to rate and grade him on the best available information we now have.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/action/ron-paul.html

William R
05-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Not a good move by Ron!

Agorism
05-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Paul voted against the Reagan and McCain amnesties.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Guitarzan
05-02-2011, 05:02 PM
If he's taking flak about this, he's definately considered a real threat this time around.

I noticed Mark Levin posted a story about it on his FB page earlier today.

trey4sports
05-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh Noez! a no-name, 2-bit group has downgraded Ron's immigration record, what are we to do?

Agorism
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
We need a way to protest that numbers site

JohnGalt1225
05-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not too worried about it. First off all, I have never heard of Numbers USA until a few days ago, I doubt it's that big of an organization. Second of all, I don't think immigration is going to be an issue that decides an election.

MRoCkEd
05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
An "F" for "Freedom!"

MelissaWV
05-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Who?

dannno
05-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Wow, if Bachman and Palenti can't even pull off a straight B I don't think I would want to ever see or meet the person who gets an 'A'

To get an "A" you probably have to hate Mexicans more than anything in the world.

What we need is a better organization that tracks rational, Constitutional responses to the issue, in which Ron Paul would receive an 'A'

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not too worried about it. First off all, I have never heard of Numbers USA until a few days ago, I doubt it's that big of an organization. Second of all, I don't think immigration is going to be an issue that decides an election.

1) I have. They are a force to be reckoned with.

2) This election will be more about the economy than anything else. People's views about immigration will factor into their thoughts on the economy.

That said, I need to read Liberty Defined so I know what on earth these people are yapping about. Ron's position on immigration, last time I checked, was current laws need to be enforced, but we need to concentrate more on demagnetizing the country.

JamesButabi
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM
An "F" for "Freedom!"

I lolled

showpan
05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I, for one am a strong supporter of sending them home. I hope that this isn't true, I have not read his book but I don't think it is an impossible task at all. I have worked construction sites all across this country and have watched in places like Tenn. where they have come and took them off the job by the bus full. It's pretty easy too, all they did was secure the perimeter hiding in the woods and sent one officer towards the job site, he never even got close and they all scattered, they ran right towards them, it was awesome. I am currently in Nevada and have NEVER seen an immigration officer here. I have also worked in Cali where it is completely out of control and have never seen one there either. Most construction sites have gates and all they have to do is set up at some of them. Word would soon spread and they would no doubt head for home. With 25 million Americans looking for full time work, any form of legalizing them is absolutely out of the question. I just watched an interview a few weeks ago with Berkley where she was campaigning for "comprehensive immigration reform" claiming it wasn't amnesty. When asked what was different, there was no real difference. She claimed there were 12 million of them here (this means there are much more) and when asked why she wanted it, she said very softly...for the jobs. What a fucking traitor and I let her know on her FB page.

AuH20
05-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh Noez! a no-name, 2-bit group has downgraded Ron's immigration record, what are we to do?

Numbers USA carries alot of weight. They've been at the forefront of the immigration debate for some time. I really hope Ron's words were taken out of context from his book, because they look real bad. The anti-hispanic insinuation especially.

Flash
05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Any updates? Has his campaign said anything about this?