PDA

View Full Version : How to debate the OBL death.

libertyfan101
05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
We are definintely flooded with nationalism and pro-war rhetortic right now. What would be the best way to counter all this? I believe that we should turn the debate to what someone else on this forum mentioned.

"Killing Osama bin Laden won't make America safer. Only changing our foreign policy can do that."

Along with bringing up the cost we paid to get us to this point. Endless wars, Tons of debt, Massive loss of life and injuries, Loss of liberties and total disregard for the constitution. We should also push now more than ever the end to these wars and change in our foreign policies. My 2 cents.

freshjiva
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Saw a great post by someone on facebook:

It only took 10 years, $6 trillion, groping countless individuals at airports, 10,000 dead American soldiers and 1.5 million dead Iraqi and Afghani's. Yay?

CuseRonPaul
05-02-2011, 05:00 PM
The way the government's (probably false) story goes really goes to prove that the troops we've had in Afghanistan have been a complete waste of time money and resources. I've read the "our lost soldiers have not died in vain!" schtick a zillion times already....but isn't this being the result of something that could've been done via letters of marque back in 2001?

doodle
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Don't.. till the fog clears and facts come out.

First it was reported that DNA sample of OBL from old CIA Prison time was used for verification.

Now it is being reported that DNA of some OBL relative was used and they are 99.9% sure it was him.

First report said 3 people were killed, now another report is saying 22 people were killed.

Fog is too foggy so far.

Teaser Rate
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
1-Don't argue that he didn't die this week - he did.
2-Don't argue that his death didn't make us safer - it did.
3-Don't argue that his death was not worth the cost - even if it wasn't, you're never going to win that argument because people are still to emotional about the topic to admit it to themselves.

The only reasonable line of argument is the following: Killing him was a great thing and it could have been done sooner by doing X instead of our ineffective foreign policy which took 10 years to do the job.

garyallen59
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Don't.. till the fog clears and facts come out.

+rep

awake
05-02-2011, 05:23 PM
If Al-CIA-DA assassinated the President, would it change our foreign policy? Would it weaken the military industrial security complex? Would the U.S. Empire be defeated?

Why do we make such foolish assumptions when the situation is reversed.

ValidusCustodiae
05-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Kinda agree with Teaser

LisaNY
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
The only reasonable line of argument is the following: Killing him was a great thing and it could have been done sooner by doing X instead of our ineffective foreign policy which took 10 years to do the job.

I agree, I keep wondering what the hell took so long (as are many 9/11 victims family members).

pcosmar
05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Wait till all the official lies are agreed on, They keep changing right now. (can't get their stories straight)
Once the official lie is agreed on, debunk it. ( for it is sure to be bunk)

Cutlerzzz
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Saw a great post by someone on facebook:

I'd add to it that is was not an all out assault by the army, bombardment by the Air Force or Navy, or paying off some backwards tribe that killed him. A fairly small elite team took him down. He could have been killed at a thousandth of the cost had that been the approach instead.

pcosmar
05-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I'd add to it that is was not an all out assault by the army, bombardment by the Air Force or Navy, or paying off some backwards tribe that killed him. A fairly small elite team took him down. He could have been killed at a thousandth of the cost had that been the approach instead.
Really,
I thought it was a team of killers that shot up a bunch of kids.
Again. :(

I will also point out the total lack of evidence to back up this fabricated story.

sevin
05-02-2011, 08:47 PM

I mostly argue with conservatives so that's the strategy I use,. I tell them, yes terrorists are a threat but we could fight them much more quickly and efficiently without having to borrow and print money. They usually agree.