PDA

View Full Version : See Obama Watch the Attack on Osama bin Laden

doodle
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Pretty remarkable photo:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/osamasituationroom.jpg

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/05/see-obama-watch-the-attack-on-osama-bin-laden.html

Seating arrangement seems bit where Obama appears to sitting towards the backside on a lower seat than some others but this maybe be extraordinary circumstance.

nobody's_hero
05-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Lol. For all I know, they're watching the Royal Wedding.

doodle
05-02-2011, 04:31 PM
everything is possible lol

This is the bigger version, what is that photo in front of HC. No it's not a photoshop:

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/05/02/5680724572_d4696d593d_b_enl.jpg?t=1304372294&s=51

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Okay, what am I missing here? Last night they said OBL was killed a week ago, and now they say it was last night? :confused:

surf
05-02-2011, 04:36 PM
"the score is 16-14 with one second left on the clock, a 47 yarder from the left hashmark... the snap is down, the kick is on its way..."

CuseRonPaul
05-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Okay, what am I missing here? Last night they said OBL was killed a week ago, and now they say it was last night? :confused:

This.

squarepusher
05-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Pretty remarkable photo:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/05/see-obama-watch-the-attack-on-osama-bin-laden.html

Seating arrangement seems bit where Obama appears to sitting towards the backside on a lower seat than some others but this maybe be extraordinary circumstance.

its all white people except obama

doodle
05-02-2011, 04:41 PM

Come to think of it, if it was not a week ago but was yesterday, why would they leak this to media 2 days before a very critical mission when you usually want to keep things hush hush for a super secret mission like this:

The Urgent Need to Hunt Down Osama bin Laden
Huffington Post - ‎Apr 28, 2011‎

The president and his national security team have quietly instructed the CIA to intensify its efforts to hunt down, capture, or kill Osama bin Laden. In 1975, the government of South Vietnam collapsed soon after the withdrawal of American troops. ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gary-s-chafetz/post_1988_b_854932.html

And three days later, mission accomplished.

devil21
05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
The item in front of Hillary is purposely obscured but it doesn't look like anything special. In fact, the item looks photoshopped.

nobody's_hero
05-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I figured it out.

They're watching a hologram from the reptilian overlords commanding them to prepare the human race for harvesting.

ghengis86
05-02-2011, 04:49 PM
The item in front of Hillary is purposely obscured but it doesn't look like anything special. In fact, the item looks photoshopped.

How about the medals on that officers chest? Over the lapel?! Obviously a fake. Someone get Denniger to expand the layers in illustrator. (I think they photoshopped Biden's eyes open)

specsaregood

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/02/Screen-shot-2011-05-02-at-3.25.jpg

and one sad keanu.

anaconda

I think it's a lunch time speech by Ron Paul that they are listening to.

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Her hand?

jmdrake
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Hold up. So Obama was watching this on remote video but they can't release a picture because it's too "gruesome"? So why don't they release the video up until the point where Usama was shot in his forehead?

ghengis86
05-02-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/02/Screen-shot-2011-05-02-at-3.25.jpg

and one sad keanu.

Thank you, sir. I needed that

devil21
05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Her hand?

Huh? Im talking about the blurry "picture" laying oddly upon the laptop.

MelissaWV
05-02-2011, 04:54 PM
The photo looks like a strategic aerial shot. You have to wonder why it would be obscured, since images and video from the compound have been all over the news. The compound is also not surrounded by brown like that. Another target?

I do think one small thing about that photo. Hillary Clinton is the only person who looks remotely disgusted. The others are "all business" about this, but if it's a real photo of them watching the raid, there are people exploding into red clouds and split meat, and screaming as they die. At least she really does look a bit queasy. Looking at the photos of the compound after the fact, there is so much blood, so many places where people obviously died. The rooms look sad and most of them have baby stuff in them. I wonder how many women and children died that are not being talked about? Did they get a solemn burial at sea, too?

doodle
and one sad keanu.

Pretty amazing work there.

Freedom 4 all

Exactly. If there is any video whatsoever of this raid, why the hell aren't they showing us?

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM

Oh, okay.... her hand is pretty strange though... I wouldn't want that touching me.

dannno

Shhhh!!!

http://urimg.net/images/cabinetrea.jpg

Dr.3D
Exactly. If there is any video whatsoever of this raid, why the hell aren't they showing us?

It isn't meant for the mundane to see.

MelissaWV
05-02-2011, 04:56 PM

I wondered that as they showed video of the compound on the news. There was blood, there were children's toys and clothing abandoned everywhere; it was pretty suggestive that something awful happened there. You can't show us the video because it's too gruesome, but you can show us a bloodsoaked queen-sized bed in a room with numerous medications and a closet filled with a child's clothing....

Lucille
05-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Shhhh!!!

LOL. That and sad Keanu are killin' me....

devil21
05-02-2011, 04:57 PM
This picture was taken during the 2010 midterms. The media had just announced Rand Paul and Glen Bradley had won.

Sola_Fide
05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Shhhh!!!

:collins::):collins::):collins::)

awake
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
So what makes anyone believe that these people were not shown a "show" as well?

MelissaWV
05-02-2011, 05:16 PM
So what makes anyone belive that these people were not shown a "show" as well?

The fact that the show was to go on the night before, and this was Plan B.

I really doubt someone went through all the trouble of staging this, when it would be so easy to do in general.

What bothers me is how this supposed long trip through the compound, after a hard landing in a helicopter and a firefight with Osama's couriers, did not wake up Bin Laden... the sneakiest mastermind ever. He didn't have an escape plan? He didn't have guards around him? He was just in bed with his wife and near a closet full of baby things (no mention of the baby)?

I guess that's actually just one of the things that bothers me.

I don't think it was a show; I do think there were people slain last night. I don't think Bin Laden was among them.

Far-fetched scenario?: What if they raided the house, pulled those hard drives, and found evidence that he was already dead and buried somewhere? What if the SEALs only killed some women and children and a few young men, and came away only with the knowledge that they'd been chasing a ghost for years? What would be the best thing to do, the best way to spin the situation?

123tim
05-02-2011, 05:25 PM

If my math and understanding is right (and there's a good chance that it isn't) OBL was killed around 2:40 PM EST (Yesterday).

This, according to this Times article:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/02/timeline-how-the-u-s-found-and-killed-osama-bin-laden/

Funny, I was wondering about the time earlier today....I was trying to link this information to tremendous dip in the silver market yesterday - I was wondering if, somehow, this news of the attack might have caused the dip.

Just wondering....are there still links to reports of this happening last week?

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 05:29 PM
If my math is right (and there's a good chance that it isn't) OBL was killed around 2:40 PM EST (Yesterday).

This, according to this Times article:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/02/timeline-how-the-u-s-found-and-killed-osama-bin-laden/

Funny, I was wondering about the time earlier today....I was trying to link this information to tremendous dip in the silver market yesterday - I was wondering if, somehow, this news might have caused that.

Well, the first report I heard was that they had killed him a week ago and just last night the DNA results had confirmed it was OBL. I wish they would get their story right the first time. I guess we should have separated all of them and questioned them separately.

pcosmar
05-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Anyone remember watching the Jessica Lynch "rescue"?
Talk about your staged exercise.

They could have been watching the Wikileaks "Collateral Murder" too.
There is no telling, other than that anything released will be for propaganda purposes.

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 05:40 PM
It isn't meant for the mundane to see.

But it's in their interest that we all see it. Libertarians will shut up about this being a conspiracy, and neocons will have something to masturbate to for the weeks and months to come. It's win-win. Where's the downside for the government of releasing the video? Unless of course there is no video, or there is a video but all it shows is soldiers killing a roomful of women and children with no OBL.

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 05:44 PM
But it's in their interest that we all see it. Libertarians will shut up about this being a conspiracy, and neocons will have something to masturbate to for the weeks and months to come. It's win-win. Where's the downside for the government of releasing the video? Unless of course there is no video, or there is a video but all it shows is soldiers killing a roomful of women and children with no OBL.

I guess I should have put a /s after my post.

marc1888
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
http://storyful.s3.amazonaws.com/production/ci_images/220557/picture_8-large.png

Here is another image from the same time of a more pensive looking Obama

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't think it was a show; I do think there were people slain last night. I don't think Bin Laden was among them.

Some are speculating that Mullah Omar was the one who was killed.

MelissaWV
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
http://storyful.s3.amazonaws.com/production/ci_images/220557/picture_8-large.png

Yeah... that distinctly looks like a possible "oh... shit... gotta fix this" face.

jmdrake
The fact that the show was to go on the night before, and this was Plan B.

I really doubt someone went through all the trouble of staging this, when it would be so easy to do in general.

What bothers me is how this supposed long trip through the compound, after a hard landing in a helicopter and a firefight with Osama's couriers, did not wake up Bin Laden... the sneakiest mastermind ever. He didn't have an escape plan? He didn't have guards around him? He was just in bed with his wife and near a closet full of baby things (no mention of the baby)?

I guess that's actually just one of the things that bothers me.

Far-fetched scenario?: What if they raided the house, pulled those hard drives, and found evidence that he was already dead and buried somewhere? What if the SEALs only killed some women and children and a few young men, and came away only with the knowledge that they'd been chasing a ghost for years? What would be the best thing to do, the best way to spin the situation?

Good point. There are so many possible reasons for what we are being told by the gubmit. But "We don't have a body because we are trying to appease Islam and we don't have any photos because they are all to gruesome" are not among them.

anaconda

He's white too.

doodle
05-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Same time? That chair sholuder looks higher and different unless seats were swapped the gen.

anaconda
05-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Looks like he's desperately trying to copy Ron's pose at the top of the Forum!

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah... that distinctly looks like a possible "oh... shit... gotta fix this" face.

He looks distinctly less happy than this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhXt4BjLL0g

I wonder why...

devil21
05-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Same time? That chair sholuder looks higher and different unless seats were swapped the gen.

The blue shirt on the edge looks same as the blue shirt on Obama's left in the first picture. He's sunk down in his seat a lot more in this picture and that alone tells me he's not happy with what he's seeing.

PaulConventionWV
05-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Pretty remarkable photo:

I don't get what you're trying to say about Obama's position in the room. Can you clarify that, please? The grammar was a little confusing.

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Fwiw

folks the military mission was never about obl but was about killing mullah omar the one eyed ex taliban leader. He was shot in the eye to remove this evidence and then dumped in the sea---mission accomplished. Now mullah omar was not demonized enough in west to give mr obama the much need political life line for his second term. By switching the target name to obl gives obama the political push plus also brings closure to obl story which was known amongst intelligence circles for years that obl is dead.

devil21
05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't get what you're trying to say about Obama's position in the room. Can you clarify that, please? The grammar was a little confusing.

I think it basically means that Obama is sitting at the "kid's table" compared to the other seated people in the room.

BamaFanNKy
05-02-2011, 06:05 PM

It's a photo of Jenna Haze. She is a target since endorsing Ron Paul.

doodle
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM

My first impression after looking at the pic was that seating arrangement/body lang seemed bit unusual and no one could have guessed which one was the President of the US without knowing by face. But that looks secondary now as protocol probably takes a back seat in such unusual circumstance.

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I think it basically means that Obama is sitting at the "kid's table" compared to the other seated people in the room.

Yeah, the dude in the uniform next to him has a bigger chair.

marc1888
05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
The blue shirt on the edge looks same as the blue shirt on Obama's left in the first picture. He's sunk down in his seat a lot more in this picture and that alone tells me he's not happy with what he's seeing.

To be honest if we put all conspiracy aside (I know ;)) and we give him the benefit of the doubt that Bin Laden was killed and he was watching it this is the face i would expect to see on a civilian non military type who just witnessed people getting killed in front of him. Knowing full well he gave the order to do so.

marc1888
05-02-2011, 06:14 PM
he is probably in charge of the military side of it. Its a military operation where the president and cabinet are spectators rather than participants.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 06:37 PM

By white people, do you mean the white people we see when we are behaving rationally, or the white Asians, Hispanics, Native Amerians, Hindus, and Muslims that we are beating up during a riot? See, this methodology doesn't work and eventually its not going to work to the extent that its going to be one big pie in the face.
You know, the black rappers might be right about the world being nothing more than pimpers pimping and whores whoring. But, they aren't saying that it's the right thing to do and that is what is wrong with using that type of political methodology. In the end, we should maintain our focus by always portraying the conflict as tyranny against the people. Not as white against black, rich against poor, parent against child, wife against husband, and so on.

smartguy911
05-02-2011, 06:52 PM
By white people, do you mean the white people we see when we are behaving rationally, or the white Asians, Hispanics, Native Amerians, Hindus, and Muslims that we are beating up during a riot? See, this methodology doesn't work and eventually its not going to work to the extent that its going to be one big pie in the face.
You know, the black rappers might be right about the world being nothing more than pimpers pimping and whores whoring. But, they aren't saying that it's the right thing to do and that is what is wrong with using that type of political methodology. In the end, we should maintain our focus by always portraying the conflict as tyranny against the people. Not as white against black, rich against poor, parent against child, wife against husband, and so on.

Dude what the heck is "White Asians"

MelissaWV
05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Only one "black person"... how many young people?

I always wonder why people leap to race as a division so rapidly, instead of seeing a bunch of older establishment types squished into a room watching murders live on a big television.

Koz
05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
OK, this happened last night and they already did DNA testing? Does anyone know how long it takes to do DNA testing? I've read for basic info it takes 72 hours. Anyone else have any ideas?

Oh, and clearly they are watching replay from Obama's bracket selection, the look on Hilary's face gives it away.

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 08:26 PM
OK, this happened last night and they already did DNA testing? Does anyone know how long it takes to do DNA testing? I've read for basic info it takes 72 hours. Anyone else have any ideas?

Oh, and clearly they are watching replay from Obama's bracket selection, the look on Hilary's face gives it away.

I dunno, the story changes so fast I can't keep up with it.

First they tell everybody at around 10:30 EST last night, that OBL was killed a week ago and they just now received the DNA results.
Now they are telling everybody the event took place last night and they dumped the body in the Arabian sea.
Is it still the Arabian sea?, I'm not sure right now. I can't understand how the story keeps changing without explanation.

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 08:27 PM

I read something today about a private business that created DNA test results within 4 hours. I'm sure the Gov. has their hands on something like this.

Ireland4Liberty
05-02-2011, 08:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9r9AIHTMI

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR9r9AIHTMI

LMAO! "How do they bury a body at sea?"

Koz
05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
LMAO! "How do they bury a body at sea?"

You get the seals to go down with scuba gear and shovels and you dig him a hole in the ocean floor.

Or, just dump him in the drink.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Dude what the heck is "White Asians"

During the riots in Los Angeles, the people of color pulled down the pants of white Asians, white Hispanics, white Native Americans, white Hindus, and white Muslims to spray their genitals black. In other words, if you weren't as black as night, you were considered snow and you got humiliated with black paint. You know, in a classroom with a lot of air conditioning, we can calmly classify what is black and white with little trouble; but, in the heat of battle, we all have the potential of becoming bastards of the wrong color.