PDA

View Full Version : Romney will sit out first Republican presidential debate

Lucille
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Banksta bailout and Bernanke shill Mandate Mitt Romneycare should just sit out the election altogether.

Romney will sit out first Republican presidential debate (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/158621-romney-will-sit-out-first-republican-presidential-debate)

doodle
05-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I was just reading that news, his ducking out. Too much controversy after his comment to "hang obama" with misery index around Obama's neck, he probably not ready to take any questions over it yet.

Lucille
05-02-2011, 12:24 PM
I was just reading that news, his ducking out. Too much controversy after his comment to "hang obama" with misery index around Obama's neck, he probably not ready to take any questions over it yet.

Do you think that's it? I can't believe there's controversy over that. Everyone knew what he meant (and oh how I hate being put in the position of defending that clown).

tsai3904
05-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Looks like only the following will participate:

Ron Paul
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain

and the following are still maybes because of the 1% in 5 national polls requirement:

Gary Johnson
Fred Karger
Buddy Roemer

Liberty_Mike
05-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like only the following will participate:

Ron Paul
Tim Pawlenty
Rick Santorum
Herman Cain

and the following are still maybes because of the 1% in 5 national polls requirement:

Gary Johnson
Fred Karger
Buddy Roemer

Isn't The Newt expected to participate too?

doodle
05-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Do you think that's it? I can't believe there's controversy over that. Everyone knew what he meant (and oh how I hate being put in the position of defending that clown).

That's the most compelling reason IMO. Media will be sure it does not go unaddressed:

May 02, 2011

Media Freak Out Over Romney 'Hang' Comment

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/politics-news/mitt-romney-hang-president-obama-with-misery-index.html

http://nation.foxnews.com/media/2011/05/02/media-freak-out-over-romney-hang-comment

JohnGalt1225
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM
He wants to save himself the embarrassment of getting schooled by Ron.

trey4sports
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Johnson will be there, and i expect newt to be allowed in w/ or without an exp. comm.

specsaregood
05-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Isn't The Newt expected to participate too?

nope, claims that other committments prohibit him from declaring as of now.

civusamericanus
05-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Republican Presidential debates are meaningless, just like the CPAC strawpoll :rolleyes:

Still haven't read Romney's reason for skipping the event.

sailingaway
05-02-2011, 12:36 PM
So Ron will be the highest polling person there.

sailingaway
05-02-2011, 12:37 PM

No. There is no chance FOX moderators would ask about that.

sailingaway
05-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Johnson will be there, and i expect newt to be allowed in w/ or without an exp. comm.

Are you sure Johnson will be there? I haven't seen him in any of the write ups.

Romulus
05-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a gut feeling this debate will be 'rescheduled' for some reason or another.

specsaregood
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Republican Presidential debates are meaningless, just like the CPAC strawpoll :rolleyes:

Still haven't read Romney's reason for skipping the event.

He is a pu**y.

low preference guy
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
He is a pu**y.

he said "it's early, the field isn't settled". romney needs to know who he is running against to develop a strategy. he is not like Dr. Paul who just tells the truth regardless of who is running.

JamesButabi
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
It looks like the strategy for the old guard is to delay delay delay. Why bother putting yourself out there when there are enough ignorant people who will vote for you without debating?

specsaregood
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
he said "it's early, the field isn't settled". romney needs to know who he is running against to develop a strategy. he is not like Dr. Paul who just tells the truth regardless of who is running.

Or, the voters are too unsettled on what they want to hear and romney wants to sit back with a focus group and polls and see what people like hearing at the first debate. So he can decided who to reinvent himself as.

moostraks
05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Or, the voters are too unsettled on what they want to hear and romney wants to sit back with a focus group and polls and see what people like hearing at the first debate. So he can decided who to reinvent himself as.

+1

ForLibertyFight
05-02-2011, 12:51 PM
hmm...
do I smell a pussy?

civusamericanus
05-02-2011, 12:53 PM

+1 too

Lucille
05-02-2011, 01:02 PM

Good call!

Krugerrand
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
BTW - why does his staff always refer to him as "Governor?" It's not a degree that he earned. It's a job title he no longer has.

bb_dg
05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Do you guys think this is gonna be a slaughter fest for Ron Paul?

Krugerrand
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM
The next debate to setup pre-requisites should include:
Any persons who voted for or signed into law health care legislation substantially similar to Obamacare should first submit in writing to the pledge:

I was a bone-headed nit-wit. My vote/signature highlights one of the most stupid moments of my elected life. I beg for mercy that you give somebody as ignorant and foolish as myself a second chance to not be so stupid. I hereby pledge to remain honest in representing myself as a moron and will try my best to never again be so foolish.

bb_dg
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I suppose it is the same way former presidents are still named President so-and-so. Still not sure of the actual reason though.

Krugerrand
05-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I suppose it is the same way former presidents are still named President so-and-so. Still not sure of the actual reason though.

This guy says it's disrespectful of the current Governor, since Mass. has only 1 governor:
http://www.formsofaddress.info/former.html#FO011

EDIT:
This source disagrees:
http://englishplus.com/news/news1200.htm

sailingaway
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Do you guys think this is gonna be a slaughter fest for Ron Paul?

Not necessarily, Fox picks the questions and no one looks like a front runner if they are being asked if they are electable... (although he handled that beautifully.)

sailingaway
05-02-2011, 01:58 PM
The next debate to setup pre-requisites should include:
Any persons who voted for or signed into law health care legislation substantially similar to Obamacare should first submit in writing to the pledge:

That sounds amazingly close to what Pawlenty said in new hampshire the other day, although it wasn't on his universal healthcare bill, it was on his support of cap and trade.

outspoken
05-02-2011, 02:07 PM
This is rediculous that Romney is even a candidate. He is the most progressive/liberal of the group and feels no need to explain himself in front of the American people. Other than looking the part of distinguished president, Romney is an abomination of a candidate and I have zero faith in the republican party if they continue to back him.

bb_dg
05-02-2011, 02:21 PM
This is rediculous that Romney is even a candidate. He is the most progressive/liberal of the group and feels no need to explain himself in front of the American people. Other than looking the part of distinguished president, Romney is an abomination of a candidate and I have zero faith in the republican party if they continue to back him.

Well, there is a lot of bipartisanship these days. I think Romney represents everything that is wrong with the current Republican Party and slaughtering him in a debate would be a great way to rock the foundation.

FreedomProsperityPeace
05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I hope Fox gives him the proper treatment going forward, for his refusal to attend their debate. :D

outspoken
05-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I hope Fox gives him the proper treatment going forward, for his refusal to attend their debate. :D

Fox probably told him to stay home so that Ron Paul wouldn't make him look a fool.