PDA

View Full Version : More negative RP2012 stories than usual? This one from Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stones.

BamaFanNKy
05-02-2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/mailbag-why-i-cant-vote-for-ron-paul-20110502

This guy is a douche.

sailingaway
05-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Do we really want to drive more traffic to negative stories?

Meatwasp
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing Sailingaway

eqcitizen
05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
His reasons for not voting for Ron are pretty idiotic in my opinion. He places a lot of stake in the "racist" beliefs of some of Rands supporters as turning his mind away from Ron. He believes that most of the Pauls supporters are racists cloaking themselves in the constitution.

While some supporters of Ron's are indeed racists, i am sure the same could be said about Obama's (I find Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to be the most prominent racists out there) but that is besides the point. Ron is a libertarian and by definition wants equal protection under the law for EVERYONE, black, white, yellow, red, orange, blue etc. Even if Ron was a racist (which we all know isn't true) his principles would never allow him to do anything to overtly and pointedly harm any particular race.

To be honest if Matt Taibbi cannot see the difference between Ron/Rand and their supporters then we do not want his support anyway (i do not want idiots in this movement - i guess that means i am an intelligist)

BamaFanNKy
05-02-2011, 11:48 AM
This is the place to find the information before someone confronts us in public. It's easy to discuss the glowing pieces.

jabf2006
05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Rather unfortunate he bases his support for the man on his more extreme supporters. Given this precedent, how could he ever support anyone of leadership within the Democratic or Republican parties given the support provided to them by the crooked bankers he often rails about?

BenIsForRon
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
This is the place to find the information before someone confronts us in public. It's easy to discuss the glowing pieces.

Exactly. We have to understand and be ready to confront these types of "arguments".

His reasons for not voting for Ron are pretty idiotic in my opinion. He places a lot of stake in the "racist" beliefs of some of Rands supporters as turning his mind away from Ron. He believes that most of the Pauls supporters are racists cloaking themselves in the constitution.

The fact that he thinks a majority of Ron Paul supporters are closet racists makes me question whether or not he actually knows that many.

I mean, look at this forum, there are definitely some closet racists here, but they make up about 0.01% of the community. I would imagine it's a similar breakdown in the real world.

Romulus
05-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Do we really want to drive more traffic to negative stories?

No we don't. Tabbi calls us Racist. NEXT.

NewRightLibertarian
05-02-2011, 12:50 PM
See, anyone who chants for the Constitution or Austrian Economics are really just chanting for white power! Because without the government there to hold our dicks while we piss, we'd all be living in a shithole :rolleyes: What an absurd notion.