PDA

View Full Version : you americans think you have it sooo bad....

enter`name`here
05-02-2011, 08:16 AM
So the canadian federal election is today, and I'm trying to decide which crook to vote for. For 5those who are unaware of how things work up here we do not vote directly for our prime minister we elect members to our parlaiment and our prime minister is the leader whose party gets the most seats(usually).

Well in my riding the NDP party (a few steps to the right of communism) currently holds the seat. The options are the liberals (roughly your democrats) and the conservatives. Here is the kicker: the conservatives in my riding are what are known as "progressive conservatives". And if you are wondering, yes that is as bad as it sounds.

I am seriosly considering just writing "none of the above" on my ballot and marking an x beside it :/

Ray
05-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Write in Ron Paul!

Noob
05-02-2011, 08:28 AM
what about the canadian action party

I Don't Vote
05-02-2011, 08:29 AM
If it's so bad, then don't vote. That's what I do.

ChaosControl
05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Your conservatives in general suck, I can only imagine how bad a "progressive conservative" there is. Probably worse than Olympia Snowe.
So are there no alternative parties to vote for? Just dumb, dumber, and dumbest?

speciallyblend
05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
do not vote for harper!!

ClayTrainor
05-02-2011, 09:58 AM
So the canadian federal election is today, and I'm trying to decide which crook to vote for. For 5those who are unaware of how things work up here we do not vote directly for our prime minister we elect members to our parlaiment and our prime minister is the leader whose party gets the most seats(usually).

Well in my riding the NDP party (a few steps to the right of communism) currently holds the seat. The options are the liberals (roughly your democrats) and the conservatives. Here is the kicker: the conservatives in my riding are what are known as "progressive conservatives". And if you are wondering, yes that is as bad as it sounds.

I am seriosly considering just writing "none of the above" on my ballot and marking an x beside it :/

I also live in the Canadian Tax Farm and am getting sick of all the election propaganda. I won't be voting. These 2 videos pretty much sum up my views on the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9t_VsKsG2k

Let's get out the vote! Let's make our voices heard!
We've been given the right to choose between a douche and a turd.
It's democracy in action! Put your freedom to the test.
A big fat turd or a stupid douche. Which do you like best?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM