PDA

View Full Version : "REMINDER - the war on terror is not over"

smithtg
05-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Heard this word for word on MSM radio this morning.

This Osama thing is all propaganda and the sheeple are eating it up. The neocons and the big spenders in DC love this. It will not take them long to elevate some other dumbass "terrorist" and make the sheeple believe we have to "go after him" like we "did to Osama" to justify more wars and more defense spending.

Both parties love war and the MSM loves it too. The Sheeple are told to love it, so they do.

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Disgusting!

smithtg
05-02-2011, 06:33 AM
what was funny about the whole phrase was that it was at the end of some story/piece; big pause before and big pause after before starting the next story - so effing deliberate

Teaser Rate
05-02-2011, 06:34 AM
It's not a conspiracy, the fact is that there are groups of religious fanatics who are looking to kill American civilians to achieve political goals, and we need to remain vigilant and not get complacent because their leader is dead.

smithtg
05-02-2011, 06:47 AM
teaser after reviewing your post history it does not surprise me you would say that. Welcome to RPF anyways - keep the conversation interesting

JohnGalt1225
05-02-2011, 07:19 AM
It's not a conspiracy, the fact is that there are groups of religious fanatics who are looking to kill American civilians to achieve political goals, and we need to remain vigilant and not get complacent because their leader is dead.
Do you understand why "religious fanatics" want to kill Americans? You're aware what "blowback" is correct?

Teaser Rate
05-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Do you understand why "religious fanatics" want to kill Americans? You're aware what "blowback" is correct?

Could it have something to do with the fact that they are religious fanatics who believe that flying planes into buildings will get them into heaven sooner?

I’m not denying that our foreign policy likely has an effect on their motivations, however, I’m very skeptical of the claim that they would all leave us alone if we just gave in to all of their demands.

Brett85
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Could it have something to do with the fact that they are religious fanatics who believe that flying planes into buildings will get them into heaven sooner?

I’m not denying that our foreign policy likely has an effect on their motivations, however, I’m very skeptical of the claim that they would all leave us alone if we just gave in to all of their demands.

I think it's a combination of religious extremism and some of the foreign policy choices we've made over the years. However, I agree with you that they wouldn't leave us alone if we simply left them alone. The damage has already been done. But rather than occupying foreign countries with 100,000 troops and nation building, we should do what we did in this situation and go after terrorists on an individual basis. We don't need to build roads and bridges in Afghanistan in order to kill terrorists.

cswake
05-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Clinton: Bin Laden's death doesn't end war on terror

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2011-05-03-bin-Laden-Clinton-war-terror_n.htm

She said the operation to find and kill bin Laden nearly a decade after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks showed the U.S. would never abandon its pursuit of justice.

Acala
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM

Only one way to find out - mind our own business and our own borders and see what happens. Clearly what we are doing isn't working and is unsustainable.

And, by the way, please note that those countries that have been minding their own business - like the Swiss - have not been attacked even though they are much closer and much less well-defended.

And further note that the purported leader of the 9/11 attackers SAID that the reason for the attacks was our meddling in Middle Eastern affairs.

Of course by characterizing your enemy as irrational and absolutely implacable, it makes endless war unavoidable. Guess who benefits from that?

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
nt

smithtg
05-02-2011, 10:51 AM
here is foxnews headline image to damn funny

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/050211_REVENGE_20110502_114136.jpg

Aratus
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
the excitement on boston common last nite is tacitly like as if V*E + V*J days in '45 got ALL rolled into one!!!
our departure in the korean war did not generate this excitement in '53 nor did we have such an energy in '75
as we pulled out of auld saigon on heels of the advance of the V.C & the north vietnamese. lets assume the
intel is correct in that a major al-qaeda internet node some few blocks away from a local military academy
was took down abruptly. we may have everything with a different feel now if al-qaeda is not decentralized.

Matt Collins
05-02-2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhXt4BjLL0g

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Heard this word for word on MSM radio this morning.

This Osama thing is all propaganda and the sheeple are eating it up. The neocons and the big spenders in DC love this. It will not take them long to elevate some other dumbass "terrorist" and make the sheeple believe we have to "go after him" like we "did to Osama" to justify more wars and more defense spending.

Both parties love war and the MSM loves it too. The Sheeple are told to love it, so they do.

+rep

Dr.3D
05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
The so called "war on terror" is much like fighting an infestation of cockroaches. You can keep killing them one by one, but you will never be able to get them all. This stupidity will go on forever.

ExPatPaki
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Religious fanatics who sleep with prostitutes, do cocaine and go to strip clubs?

Acala
05-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Religious fanatics who sleep with prostitutes, do cocaine and go to strip clubs?

He didn't say which religion.