PDA

View Full Version : Why Was Bin Laden Buried At Sea So Quickly?

Sola_Fide
05-02-2011, 03:52 AM
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/02/why-was-bin-laden-buried-at-sea-so-quickly/

Why? I mean really....why?

anaconda
05-02-2011, 04:08 AM
Because there was no bin Laden to bury at sea. And that is, of course, a problem of sorts. This official story is even more cheese ball-ish than the 9-11 fairytale.

I will say one thing: somebody must be feeling a bit desperate to do this. Something must not be going quite the way they want. Why risk exposure, blowback, or other unintended consequences unless you were desperate?

Sola_Fide
05-02-2011, 04:11 AM
If they are covering something up, its like they aren't even trying to do a good job of it...

pauladin
05-02-2011, 04:12 AM
this story is too weird. almost surreal. i ain't buyin' it for a second.

BamaAla
05-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Anyone ever heard that George Strait song Ocean Front Property? This whole episode reminds me of that one...

justinc.1089
05-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Its very strange. When we got Hussein we showed him off like a trophy, and when we get Bin Laden we don't even get a picture?

The details of the operation sound somewhat realistic and achievable to me though.

But seriously, a burial at sea? At least bury his body at sea in front of the public if it was really over burying him in accordance with Islam's rules. It could even be done from a live feed if that was really necessary for some reason. But I mean this is a joke because our government has disrespected and slandered Islam for a long time now, so why suddenly start being respectful of Islam?

This story is very strange.

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2011, 04:22 AM
The official story is to conform to Islamic law about burials being within a certain time frame. They also supposedly do not want his grave to become a shrine - like where he was killed won't be?

YumYum
05-02-2011, 04:26 AM

It was predestined.

justinc.1089
05-02-2011, 04:29 AM
If the time frame was the issue, they could at least video tape his burial or do a live feed. Pictures. Something.

aGameOfThrones
05-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Wag the Dog

Why does the dog wag its tail?
Because the dog is smarter than the tail.
If the tail were smarter, it would wag the dog.

Lothario
05-02-2011, 07:06 AM
this is so absurd - the idea that their story is based on how seriously they wanted to abide by Islamic law, and that people actually believe this, is beyond me...

moostraks
05-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Because there was no bin Laden to bury at sea. And that is, of course, a problem of sorts. This official story is even more cheese ball-ish than the 9-11 fairytale.

I will say one thing: somebody must be feeling a bit desperate to do this. Something must not be going quite the way they want. Why risk exposure, blowback, or other unintended consequences unless you were desperate?

Interesting timing with the never before seen long form birth certificate coming out. Which I still don't know what to make of because they made it more of an issue for some of us coming out with the stupid thing. Now they raise Bin Laden up again and bury him at sea with hours? I feel like the citizens are the abused spouse where the s.o. lies constantly and no matter how ridiculous the lie they are too afraid to break the relationship ties because the misery they know is better than the misery they don't know.

The media coverage is bizarre and the story is so lame that it makes the Wag The Dog scenes look more plausible than this crap. The whole coverage of celebrations was nauseating and disturbing and seemed like contrived movie footage.

Lucille
05-02-2011, 07:37 AM
It pisses me off.

After bin Laden was killed in a raid by U.S. forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.

Would it really have been difficult? I doubt it. Vox labels it "trainwreck (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2011/05/inexplicable-burial-at-sea.html)."

But it strikes me that if you wanted to make your own words more look suspiciously incredible, you would be hard-pressed to top the recent actions of the Obama administration.
[...]
The whole point of engaging in a helicopter raid rather than simply dropping a daisy cutter was to obtain the body. As one British journalist noted: "The decision to carry out a helicopter assault was incredibly risky but the US Navy SEALS and the CIA pulled it off. The huge advantage is that it means that bin Laden’s body was recovered – any speculation that he remains alive is likely to be shortlived."

Unless, of course, the body is immediately thrown into the sea.... But whether the most recent reports of bin Laden's death is real or not, they should at least serve as an excuse to get out of Afghanistan and Iraq before Libya heats up in response to Qaddafi's likely efforts at retaliation following the reported death of his youngest son. [...]

I'm not saying they needed to stick bin Laden's head on a pike at the White House, but providing independent confirmation from a third party such as the Saudi ambassador or one of his family members would have been significantly more convincing than a press release about a body dumped in the ocean.

sirgonzo420
05-02-2011, 07:39 AM
I think I'll watch "Wag the Dog" later....

Roxi
05-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Okay I can buy that we would honor muslim tradition to avoid blowback or whatever. However, if I am to buy that the tradition we were honoring was burying the body within 24 hours, wouldn't that mean we were supposed to do it a week ago when we "actually" killed him. This story is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

Lucille
05-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Okay I can buy that we would honor muslim tradition to avoid blowback or whatever. However, if I am to buy that the tradition we were honoring was burying the body within 24 hours, wouldn't that mean we were supposed to do it a week ago when we "actually" killed him. This story is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

Except it's not honoring Muslim tradition, as Agorism pointed out: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290352-Muslim-laws-against-sea-burial

Cap
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Now when the patriot act comes up for renewal again in December, it's going to be a no brainer. Gotta renew it! Thank God that we have the legislation already written to protect the collective from the the coming backlash. /s

People are such stupid fucks.

specsaregood
05-02-2011, 08:06 AM
If Mccain had been elected and this happened, his head with his cutoff penis in his mouth would be on a pike on the whitehouse lawn. while mccain and his buddies danced around a bonfire covered in his blood.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
05-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Im not big on conspiracies..........but this is very weird.

MN Patriot
05-02-2011, 08:39 AM
How do we know they REALLY buried him at sea?

After all, this IS coming from the government, and anything they say needs to be received with skepticism.

propanes
05-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I lived through ten years of the war on terror and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Fredom101
05-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Its very strange. When we got Hussein we showed him off like a trophy, and when we get Bin Laden we don't even get a picture?

The details of the operation sound somewhat realistic and achievable to me though.

But seriously, a burial at sea? At least bury his body at sea in front of the public if it was really over burying him in accordance with Islam's rules. It could even be done from a live feed if that was really necessary for some reason. But I mean this is a joke because our government has disrespected and slandered Islam for a long time now, so why suddenly start being respectful of Islam?

This story is very strange.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but please stop using "we". You and I did not do either, and I don't support any military actions.

MN Patriot
05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Obama REALLY screwed up now.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jG7UJ7x8ozawcWS0Y1tE6OChe3Jw?docId=7079d8b79 ab04465a1030dfaf9e04510

Islamic scholars question bin Laden's sea burial
CAIRO (AP) — Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.
Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.
Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.
"The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don't think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration," said Omar Bakri Mohammed, a radical cleric in Lebanon.

Ireland4Liberty
05-02-2011, 09:06 AM
It was either buried at sea or cremated. Why hang on to his body? All they want is his DNA and a few pictures. They might be wary of posting pictures because they can be used as propaganda.

moostraks
05-02-2011, 09:14 AM
It was either buried at sea or cremated. Why hang on to his body? All they want is his DNA and a few pictures. They might be wary of posting pictures because they can be used as propaganda.

It is inconsistent with how they handled the matter with Saddam which was so public and televised. Google search it and you will understand why this "respect" seems so preposterous.

SamuraisWisdom
05-02-2011, 09:14 AM
this is so absurd - the idea that their story is based on how seriously they wanted to abide by Islamic law, and that people actually believe this, is beyond me...

That was probably just PR to try and reduce the backlash from the muslim community. They probably really did bury him at sea, but more than likely they just tossed him off the boat and was done with it.

SamuraisWisdom
05-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Exactly. The whole episode with Saddam was handled different because there was a different connotation to him than Osama bin Laden. There was no rabid cult following of Saddam and there was no worry that people would worship his grave or use it as a rallying cry.

specsaregood
05-02-2011, 09:18 AM
"Why Was Bin Laden Buried At Sea So Quickly? "
Meat goes bad quickly after being thawed out.

juleswin
05-02-2011, 09:26 AM
"Why Was Bin Laden Buried At Sea So Quickly? "
Meat goes bad quickly after being thawed out.

good one spec. To the people who still believe this story, I am selling gold at $100 an ounce so send me personal message if you want some very cheap gold. Again, theres no proof that I have the gold but send in your money now. Just trust me

justinc.1089
05-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm not trying to be a dick, but please stop using "we". You and I did not do either, and I don't support any military actions.

Sorry, I've only slept about 2 hours since Saturday morning, and I've been writing a 15 page paper about why my university needs hybrid buses for about 19 hours straight now. (I just finished).

So combine those two things with taking a break to watch the news about Bin Laden, and its not surprise I start slipping up and saying "we" did things that we didn't do!

You know we're on the same page so just let my exhausted mind's screw up slide lol.

ExPatPaki
05-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Bin Laden's followers and his brand of Islam, known as Wahabism, are not really big on graves and shrines. In fact, his followers are known to blow up shrines and people who worship at such Muslim shrines.

Brian4Liberty
05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
It is inconsistent with how they handled the matter with Saddam which was so public and televised. Google search it and you will understand why this "respect" seems so preposterous.

Saddam was captured alive.

Uday and Qusay were killed and photographed, but IIRC, they were turned over for burial pretty quick.

moostraks
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Exactly. The whole episode with Saddam was handled different because there was a different connotation to him than Osama bin Laden. There was no rabid cult following of Saddam and there was no worry that people would worship his grave or use it as a rallying cry.

"Saddam's supporters in the Arab world considered him more rational and the context was different because Saddam portrayed himself as a hero of the Arab world" against the United States and Iran,.."

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110323/world-news/gaddafi-outweighs-hussein-in-most-loathed-dictator-stakes.356167

Saddam had his supporters as well.

"Enraged crowds protested the hanging of Saddam Hussein across Iraq's Sunni heartland Monday, as a mob in Samara broke the locks off a bomb-damaged Shiite shrine and marched through carrying a mock coffin and photo of the dictator. ..

Angered by taunts
Sunnis were not only outraged by Saddam's hurried execution, just four days after an appeals court upheld his conviction and sentence. Many were also incensed by the unruly scene in the execution chamber, captured on video, in which Saddam was taunted with chants of "Muqtada, Muqtada, Muqtada."

The chants referred to Muqtada al-Sadr, a firebrand Shiite cleric who runs one of Iraq's most violent religious militias. He is a major power behind the government of Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Many Sunnis are also upset that Saddam was put to death the day that Sunni celebrations began for Eid al-Ahda, a major Muslim festival. The judge who first presided over the case that resulted in Saddam's death sentence said the former dictator's execution at the start of Eid was illegal according to Iraqi law, and contradicted Islamic custom...

In a Sunni neighborhood in northern Baghdad, hundreds of demonstrators mourned the executed leader. Some praised the Baath Party, the outlawed nationalist group that under Saddam cemented Sunni Arab dominance of Iraq.

"The Baath party and Baathists still exist in Iraq, and nobody can marginalize it," said Samir al-Obaidi, 48, who attended a Saddam memorial in the Azamiyah neighborhood.

In Dor, 77 miles north of Baghdad, hundreds more took to the streets to attend the dedication of a giant mosaic of Saddam. Children carried toy guns and men fired real weapons into the air.

Mourners at a mosque in Saddam's hometown of Tikrit slaughtered sheep as a sacrifice for their former leader. The mosque's walls were lined with condolence cards from tribes in southern Iraq and Jordan who were unable to travel to the memorial..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16428440/ns/world_news-mideast/n_africa/

moostraks
05-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Saddam was captured alive.

Uday and Qusay were killed and photographed, but IIRC, they were turned over for burial pretty quick.

Leaders of Saddam Hussein's tribe buried the ousted president's sons, Uday and Qusay, and a grandson on Saturday.

Earlier, the U.S. military handed over the bodies to the Iraqi Red Crescent Society, which is taking the corpses for burial in their hometown of Tikrit, the U.S. Army announced on Saturday, according to AP.

The bodies of the two men were being held in refrigeration at the U.S. base at Baghdad International Airport. The two sons were killed by American forces on July 22 in Mosul.

http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2003/08/02/uday-and-qusay-buried-us-distributes-new-saddam-photos

Killed on July 22 and kept under refrigeration until buried on August 2nd.

CuseRonPaul
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
This whole thing is way too Pat Tillman/Jessica Lynch-ish. Like a poster said earlier, someone is covering something up and is doing a horrendous job of it. People heard "Hey guys we killed Osama" and started running around yelling and screaming too loud to hear the "don't worry, wejustdumpedhimintheoceansotrustusonthisonek?bye" part.

Brian4Liberty
05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2003/08/02/uday-and-qusay-buried-us-distributes-new-saddam-photos

Killed on July 22 and kept under refrigeration until buried on August 2nd.

Considering usual government timelines, a week is fairly quick. Then again, we didn't have a muslim President back then. ;)

moostraks
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Considering usual government timelines, a week is fairly quick. Then again, we didn't have a muslim President back then. ;)

So kill him yesterday and then dispose of the body personally within hours? That would be insane fast.:p (imo probability of 0%) As far as Obama respecting Muslim tradition it sure isn't apparent from all his destruction over in the ME.

Matt Collins
05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhXt4BjLL0g

Matt Collins
05-02-2011, 11:21 AM

jclay2
05-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Unreal. :(

A. Havnes
05-02-2011, 11:28 AM

This.

tpreitzel
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Likely to DESTROY evidence ...

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 11:44 AM
If Mccain had been elected and they actually got Bin Laden instead of faked the whole thing his head with his cutoff penis in his mouth would be on a pike on the whitehouse lawn. while mccain and his buddies danced around a bonfire covered in his blood.

Fixed

anaconda
05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
I feel like the citizens are the abused spouse where the s.o. lies constantly and no matter how ridiculous the lie they are too afraid to break the relationship ties because the misery they know is better than the misery they don't know.

This is a very insightful and well crafted comment. To add to this, there also seems to be sort of a tolerance like one might see regarding a socially stunted uncle or grandparent with dementia. Like: "Oh, that's just the way they are.." Like everyone expects the government to lie and the socially acceptable routine is to simply accept it to a large degree and be tolerant and forgiving. Almost surreal.

LibForestPaul
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Because bringing him back to Saudi for positive DNA verification would be such a waste of time.

LibForestPaul
05-02-2011, 04:37 PM
He's still in Iraq. We need more bombings in Iraq.

nobody's_hero
05-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Likely to DESTROY evidence ...

It's perhaps the most efficient way to destroy evidence, especially if it doesn't exist.

What do they call that? 'Negative proof'?

awake
05-02-2011, 04:44 PM
When your lie is huge, you need bigger lies to enforce the old.

A thing to keep an eye out for - government polling on whether their propaganda has had the desired effect. Followed by a sustained campaign to marginalize the unbelievers.

Theocrat
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM
If they were really trying to honor Muslim tradition, then they should have buried OBL's body, with his head towards Mecca. You only bury a Muslim at sea if he died on a ship, which clearly did not happen in this case.

fatjohn
05-02-2011, 05:01 PM

I think this is so over the top obvious that it just can't be a conspiracy. I think everything is true and they are just conspiring together to increase the conspiracy community. Why? So Freemason Ron Paul will be elected of course.

FrankRep
05-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Islamic Scholars: OBL's Burial At Sea 'Humiliates Muslims,' Violates Islamic Law
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290468-Islamic-Scholars-OBL-s-Burial-At-Sea-Humiliates-Muslims-Violates-Islamic-Law

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 05:03 PM
If they were really trying to honor Muslim tradition, then they should have buried OBL's body, with his head towards Mecca. You only bury a Muslim at sea if he died on a ship, which clearly did not happen in this case.

Recognition of this would require some level of critical thinking.

Mini-Me
05-02-2011, 05:03 PM
If they are covering something up, its like they aren't even trying to do a good job of it...

Why would they have to? I mean, seriously. Look at how skeptics are treated. It doesn't matter how flimsy the story is; if it's been repeated enough times by "respectable sources," it's the gospel.

Sola_Fide
05-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Didn't know that.

Sola_Fide
05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Why would they have to? I mean, seriously. Look at how skeptics are treated. It doesn't matter how flimsy the story is; if it's been repeated enough times by "respectable sources," it's the gospel.

Yeah, good point.

tasteless
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/3/3a/Movie2007_USS_Shoup_dumpingMegs.jpg

They're hoping the extreme pressure and low temperature at those depths will keep him dormant. Hopefully, they can keep the military satellite network secure, so that the Decepticons can't find him and revive him with a shard of the AllSpark.

KramerDSP
05-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I heard some speculation that basically suggests that everything that happened did happen, but the high value target was actually Mullah Omar, not Osama bin Laden who has been dead for many years. Mullah Omar is also 2 meters tall, and has one eye.

Just for what it's worth. Could it make sense?