PDA

View Full Version : Today is election day in Canada. Bin Laden killing announced to help puppet Harper?

cindy25
05-02-2011, 12:49 AM
just a thought, considering NDP are a close number 2, and have promised to cancel a major USA military plane contract

tangent4ronpaul
05-02-2011, 12:54 AM
The NDP also want to implement climate change legislation that would push up US gas prices.

Aratus
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
canada having an election be tight & to the wire now upon seeing the images of celebrating americans
like as if this is like V*E and V*J day in 1945 all over again rolled into one methinks certainly indeed
has one wondering about the timing of this all! again this all assumes the DNA evidence in terms
of precisely who is quite dead and when the death happened has not been tampered with at all.

jabf2006
05-02-2011, 12:28 PM
We're not that important.

Cdn_for_liberty
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Even Layton is selling out

Layton touted "Canada's role in the international community as a leading contributor to the world's peace, security and prosperity."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/world/archives/2011/05/20110502-132913.html

Don't think he'll be bringing the troops home from Afghanistan.

eduardo89
05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
All four parties suck in Canada. I ended up voting conservative, even though my riding usually goes about 60% liberal, it was better than my other choices (liberals vs (neo)conservatives vs ndp vs green)

Pericles
05-02-2011, 01:33 PM
We're not that important.
I'd be surprised if the US Government had any idea there was an election in Canada. Half the time, we can't even fly the Canadian flag right side up. eh?

ClayTrainor
05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
All four parties suck in Canada. I ended up voting conservative, even though my riding usually goes about 60% liberal, it was better than my other choices (liberals vs (neo)conservatives vs ndp vs green)

This is my first year of non-voting since being of age to vote. It's not likely I'll ever vote in an election again.

Grubb556
05-02-2011, 01:42 PM

The Liberal leader is quite the warhawk (militarily aggressive).

eduardo89
05-02-2011, 02:43 PM
The Liberal leader is quite the warhawk (militarily aggressive).

That's cause he's American.

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 02:54 PM
It seemed a tad suspicious to me for a second cause I'm a Canadian, but if you really think about it, there is no way there's a connection, for two reasons.

a) All candidates are completely beholden to the international bankers and other interests. There is no chance of an enemy of TPTB getting elected. It's a fight between 4 Marxists and a Neocon.
b) There is no way of saying who this will help or hurt. On one hand it was a successful military action which could favour the warhawk Harper. However, Layton said we need out of Afghanistan, and now that OBL is dead, perhaps that will seem more reasonable to people.

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 02:56 PM
This is my first year of non-voting since being of age to vote. It's not likely I'll ever vote in an election again.

What are the third party candidates like in your riding? I only have the Marxist-Lenninist Party in my riding and frankly if I wanted that, I'd vote for one of the major candidates.

awake
05-02-2011, 03:17 PM
1 out of ten Canadian citizens decided the last election or 4 million winners out of 31 million loosers - majority rule my arse.

Check this out:

31 million population
23 million registered eligible voters
13 million voted (58 % turnout of eligible voters)
4 million voted PC

12 percent decided for the rest ( 88%). Hardly a majority in any manner of cooked calculation. Democracy is bunk.

If voter turnout was used as a direct vote in itself on keeping democracy we would have binned it long ago. but, we are never allowed to vote ourselves out of it.

specialK
05-02-2011, 03:19 PM
That's cause he's American.
Elizabeth May is American, but no warmonger.

Jeremy
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I wonder how many people know about this concpiracy and need to keep quiet about it. A conspiracy so big that it was created by two governments must have a lot of participants.

Freedom 4 all
05-02-2011, 04:49 PM
1 out of ten Canadian citizens decided the last election or 4 million winners out of 31 million loosers - majority rule my arse.

Check this out:

31 million population
23 million registered eligible voters
13 million voted (58 % turnout of eligible voters)
4 million voted PC

12 percent decided for the rest ( 88%). Hardly a majority in any manner of cooked calculation. Democracy is bunk.

If voter turnout was used as a direct vote in itself on keeping democracy we would have binned it long ago. but, we are never allowed to vote ourselves out of it.

One could argue that those who don't vote support no government. As such, true democracy in Canada would mean no government at all.

jabf2006
05-02-2011, 06:35 PM
That would be a rather pathetic argument. Apathy is not an endorsement for anarchy, unfortunately.

Billay
05-02-2011, 06:39 PM
It's good to see all the conspiracy tards out today. Your inside job theory is about as dead as Bin Laden and now theres a correlation betwen Bin Laden and election day in Canada? LOL