PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden's Death Will HELP Ron Paul's campaign

Matt Collins
05-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I think it will allow him to have more validity on the message of "bring the troops home".

Kick it around...

South Park Fan
05-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I feel like barfing looking at all the "God Bless America" Facebook statuses I see. I just can't believe how so much of the population can take everything at face value.

jmdrake
05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
CBS is already spinning the "This shows why we need to stay in Afghanistan" meme. We'll see what happens.

dude58677
05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I feel like barfing looking at all the "God Bless America" Facebook statuses I see. I just can't believe how so much of the population can take everything at face value.

It is only temporary. They will go to the gas pump!

dude58677
05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I think it will allow him to have more validity on the message of "bring the troops home".

Kick it around...

That was my first thought!

JohnGalt1225
05-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Bring'em home now!

AuH20
05-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Escalation. I don't like the signs.

Matt Collins
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/images/1030-02.jpg

IDefendThePlatform
05-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I also think this helps us. If other republicans now say bring the troops home, then that's great. If they don't and they insist on staying in the middle east for huminatarian wars or other terrorists then we have to keep making the case for peace and asking the question of when will it end if not now?

doodle
05-01-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/images/1030-02.jpg

Well said.

nate895
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
One of my conservative Facebook friends just said to start taking the troops home because of this!!!!!!!!

cubical
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
We will need more troops now to make sure there is no retaliation. Do you want to be safe? 50,000 troops for 5 years.

heavenlyboy34
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Kick it around...

That, and the fact that the undeclared "war" (invasion) caused much more damage to everyone involved than would have if a legitimate war had been carried out.

Matt Collins
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Obama/n7940483_42408487_3633.jpg

Ethek
05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
I call no way out troops are out by the time the primaries roll around. I also think this will help Ron.

Matt Collins
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
CBS is already spinning the "This shows why we need to stay in Afghanistan" meme. We'll see what happens.
CNN was rambling on about how "this isn't the end to terrorism, just one faction of it, in fact we need to heighten our awareness....and expect some blowback from many elements around the world who consider him a hero"

mport1
05-01-2011, 09:54 PM
I think it will do the opposite. People will say a non-interventionist foreign policy would have never gotten him.

AuH20
Having a war with no parameters, timeline or boundaries is sure convenient.

ronpaulhawaii
How's this spin sound?

So, in the end Osama is killed by a small team, just like Ron Paul suggested years ago with HR 3216 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-3216).

To authorize the President to issue letters of marque and reprisal with respect to certain acts of air piracy upon the United States on September 11, 2001, and other similar acts of war planned for the future.

Once again Ron Paul was right and would have saved us countless blood and treasure...

eOs
05-01-2011, 09:55 PM
this is an auto win for an obama 2nd term.

stefank
05-01-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

low preference guy
How's this spin sound?

So, in the end Osama is killed by a small team, just like Ron Paul suggested years ago with HR 3216 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-3216).

Once again Ron Paul was right and would have saved us countless blood and treasure...

I hope Ron Paul is able to communicate that.

AJ Antimony
I think you're right, Matt. This does a lot to support the argument to bring our Afghan and Iraq troops home immediately.

I'm very interested to see Ron Paul's entire response to this, mostly because I want to see how other people react to his reaction. You know Ron will be the ONLY person saying that this isn't really much to celebrate, so I'm interested to see if people agree with his intellectual response, or hate him for it.

nate895
05-01-2011, 10:01 PM
this is an auto win for an obama 2nd term.

Oh, come on, no it isn't. It will be mostly forgotten by the time of the election. What's Obama gonna do? Become the Democrat Giuliani? That didn't work the first time.

DeadheadForPaul
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree with Matt

Ninja Homer
05-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I've pretty much lost faith in US voter's critical thinking skills. However, it's not an auto-win for Obama, especially if Obama doesn't start speaking seriously about bringing troops home.

Johnnymac
05-01-2011, 10:06 PM
im curious as to what will happen if the troops are still around the world come 2012 this will help him but, if the troops come home but the economy still sucks how will it effect, i feel like foreign policy was going to be a big thing in the upcoming debates and such

dude58677
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM
This wil backfire the on Obama the same the birth certificate backfired on Trump.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I've pretty much lost faith in US voter's critical thinking skills. However, it's not an auto-win for Obama, especially if Obama doesn't start speaking seriously about bringing troops home.

Several democrat friends said they hoped this meant Obama would end the wars and bring the troops home.

nate895
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM

+1. This might lead other Republicans to stay out, leaving Ron Paul being the de facto frontrunner. Then it can be anti-war small-government Republican versus pro-war big-government Democrat.

Galileo Galilei
05-01-2011, 10:11 PM

Kick it around...

I doubt if most people will believe it. Most will wait to see if the reports are confirmed.

goRPaul
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Eight years after Bush authorized the bombing of Iraq, Obama authorized the bombing of Libya.

Eight years after Bush announces Mission Accomplished, Obama announces Bin Laden dead.

This is enough evidence for me to believe that our "world leaders" are involved in a secretive disturbing cult religion.

mport1
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
How's this spin sound?

This is good. We need to start hammering the point on twitter and elsewhere while the story is hot.

SovereignMN
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
When I posted the following on facebook I was ripped by a Republican friend of mine for politicizing the issue: "I'm glad that Bin Laden is dead. Now let's bring our brave men and women home out of harms way." I responded by asking which part of my post was controversial? Where I said I'm glad Bin Laden is dead? Where I called our troops brave and said I wanted them safe and reunited with their families?

goRPaul
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
As far as policy goes, it is doubtful this will have any impact on the "War on Terror". I can already see Ron asking that if justice has been served, then why are we still there? This helps our campaign in the long run.

Ninja Homer
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
This is good. We need to start hammering the point on twitter and elsewhere while the story is hot.

I agree... this is the original bill proposal in 2001: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h107-3076

ronpaulhawaii
05-01-2011, 10:21 PM
a tweet?

OSAMA KILLED BY SMALL TEAM, kinda like Ron Paul suggested years ago http://bit.ly/mywdde, saving us blood and treasure #gop #tcot #teaparty

jth_ttu
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Just posted on my facebook. Im glad Usama is dead... its time to bring the troops home

realtonygoodwin
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Check this out.
http://goronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/07/osama-bin-laden-wanted-dead-or-alive.html

For some humor, also note the comments.

low preference guy
05-01-2011, 10:23 PM
a tweet?

i have a new signature.

trey4sports
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I have a feeling this issue will produce a "Rudy-like" moment for Ron Paul in the debates

nate895
05-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I have a feeling this issue will produce a "Rudy-like" moment for Ron Paul in the debates

I hope he premises any statement on the matter by saying that he is glad that Bin Laden is no longer a threat, and then says something about doing it more efficiently than two wars and trillions of dollars.

Tiger35
05-01-2011, 10:30 PM
My Thoughts are still on the fact that we feel it is legal to assassinate people. WTF?

mport1
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Here is another good thing to post from Stefan Molyneux (http://www.facebook.com/stefan.molyneux) - "10 years, 2 wars, 919,967 deaths, and $1,188,263,000,000 (interest and inflation not included) later, we managed to kill one person. Worth it?"

ronpaulhawaii
05-01-2011, 10:33 PM
just got an alert I've never seen, says that short url from my tweet is trending...

BarryDonegan
05-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Not to mention the less ideologically motivated candidates may choose to not run now.

rnestam
05-01-2011, 10:39 PM
A big plus for Ron Paul. "Looking forward to his "just bring them Home" reply tomorrow and think it will take over his campaign. REALLY good a small team did this and not some monster bombing offensive too. Couldn't have gone down better, RP will be the star of the debate as the others will not be able to give Obama any credit while trying to be hawkish at same time, looking like fumbling idiots. Ron, as always, just has to speak his mind and will come across great.

mport1
05-01-2011, 10:40 PM
just got an alert I've never seen, says that short url from my tweet is trending...

Awesome. We definitely need to start using twitter for the 2012 campaign. I think it can be very powerful.

Lucille
05-01-2011, 10:42 PM

This.

I think bin Laden's helps RP, and any Republicans who needed an excuse to end the wars that the majority of the people are so sick of.

nate895
Not to mention the less ideologically motivated candidates may choose to not run now.

Beat you to it...

+1. This might lead other Republicans to stay out, leaving Ron Paul being the de facto frontrunner. Then it can be anti-war small-government Republican versus pro-war big-government Democrat.

freshjiva
This will NOT help us. All the candidates will now say "If we took Ron Paul's advice, he'd still be alive and well."

Lothario
05-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Didn't the FBI admit they never found any evidence linking Osama to 9/11, which is why that incident is missing from his FBI's most wanted profile?

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I think it will do the opposite. People will say a non-interventionist foreign policy would have never gotten him.

But letters of Marque and Reprisal would have gotten him SOONER.

TCE
05-01-2011, 10:47 PM

We know that to be true, but how can that fit into a soundbite? It is yet another libertarian hard-sell. What no one has considered is that this is going to bump Obama's approval ratings to such a high level that he may not be beatable in 2012.

pcosmar
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM

Very likely.
But would they have gotten the right person?

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article13664.htm

Surprised by the ease in which this FBI spokesman made such an astonishing statement, I asked, “How this was possible?” Tomb continued, “Bin Laden has not been formally charged in connection to 9/11.” I asked, “How does that work?” Tomb continued, “The FBI gathers evidence. Once evidence is gathered, it is turned over to the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice than decides whether it has enough evidence to present to a federal grand jury. In the case of the 1998 United States Embassies being bombed, Bin Laden has been formally indicted and charged by a grand jury. He has not been formally indicted and charged in connection with 9/11 because the FBI has no hard evidence connected Bin Laden to 9/11.”

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
"In the end it was finally marque and reprisal tactics that took down Osama bin Laden, just like Ron Paul suggested in July of 2007 with HR 3216"

ETA - I thought he ran M&R way before that...

ExPatPaki
05-01-2011, 10:50 PM

The commentator on my local Fox affiliate was spinning that line as well earlier tonight. He went as far as to say that the British leaving Afghanistan was a mistake.

UtahApocalypse
05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
We know that to be true, but how can that fit into a soundbite? It is yet another libertarian hard-sell. What no one has considered is that this is going to bump Obama's approval ratings to such a high level that he may not be beatable in 2012.

^^^ This ^^^ :(

I don't think Jesus resurrected could beat Obama now. I bet approval poll numbers this week will double or higher.

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM

I don't think Jesus resurrected could beat Obama now. I bet approval poll numbers this week will double or higher.

LOL and that makes it more likely that Ron Paul will have a primary basically to himself. ;)

low preference guy
05-01-2011, 10:54 PM
It is yet another libertarian hard-sell.

I think it's much easier to communicate now that we know Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan than if he has been killed in Afghanistan.

aGameOfThrones
05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Birth certificate and bin laden? Double whammy! LOL Obama wants to win. Is bin laden finally dead this time? 'Cause his been killed a few times.

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I think it's much easier to communicate now that we know Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan than if he has been killed in Afghanistan.

"If Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan, then why were we propping their government up, and occupying...Afghanistan?"

LisaNY
05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Ron voted to go into afghanistan and kill bin laden. He was NEVER against getting the people behind 9/11 so this shouldn't hurt him. Tell the morons there is a difference between using hit squads and waging all out war.

Matt Collins
05-01-2011, 10:58 PM
LOL and that makes it more likely that Ron Paul will have a primary basically to himself. ;)Quit it, you're giving me a "Rongasm" :D

But seriously, I hope this isn't a return of 1964 with Goldwater. He gets the nomination but can't get through the general election. The Party then declares that our ideas are unelectable :(

Feeding the Abscess
05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
"In the end it was finally marque and reprisal tactics that took down Osama bin Laden, just like Ron Paul suggested in July of 2007 with HR 3216"

ETA - I thought he ran M&R way before that...

He did. The 2007 submission was a reprisal (lulz...) of his 2001 submission.

Feeding the Abscess
05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Check this out.
http://goronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/07/osama-bin-laden-wanted-dead-or-alive.html

For some humor, also note the comments.

Dondero's comment is hilarious.

LisaNY
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM
This will NOT help us. All the candidates will now say "If we took Ron Paul's advice, he'd still be alive and well."

And they will be wrong, because Bin Laden was killed in Pakistan, not Iraq or afghanistan.

Matt Collins
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM
We know that to be true, but how can that fit into a soundbite? .I think Gunny just fit it into a soundbite.

TCE
05-01-2011, 11:02 PM
LOL and that makes it more likely that Ron Paul will have a primary basically to himself. ;)

What I am thinking regarding this line of thought is what if Obama is clearly unbeatable heading into this election cycle? Say we can take a step back with a clear head and determine Ron, who will be in the Primary, stands no shot to win the General. Well then, him being used as a sacrificial lamb would be the worst thing in the world for us all. The entire GOP would scapegoat us and say "look, you libertarians aren't electable at all. You cost us Senate Seats in 2010 and now the Presidency." All of us will be setback for a decade or more. You specifically could take a hit for it. People could say "you know that Glen character in North Carolina? Well he supported Ron Paul, the guy who cost us the Presidency, we should Primary him."

Just some food for thought. If Obama's approval rating takes a big jump and stays there...uh oh.

pauladin
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Dondero's comment is hilarious.

my god. he got EVERYTHING wrong.

TCE
I think Gunny just fit it into a soundbite.

Good catch, Gunny came through.

GunnyFreedom
He did. The 2007 submission was a reprisal (lulz...) of his 2001 submission.

Yeah, so "the very tactic that Ron Paul suggested in 2001, was the type of tactic that finally took down Osama Bin Laden in 2011."

low preference guy
05-01-2011, 11:04 PM
What I am thinking regarding this line of thought is what if Obama is clearly unbeatable heading into this election cycle? Say we can take a step back with a clear head and determine Ron, who will be in the Primary, stands no shot to win the General. Well then, him being used as a sacrificial lamb would be the worst thing in the world for us all. The entire GOP would scapegoat us and say "look, you libertarians aren't electable at all. You cost us Senate Seats in 2010 and now the Presidency." All of us will be setback for a decade or more. You specifically could take a hit for it. People could say "you know that Glen character in North Carolina? Well he supported Ron Paul, the guy who cost us the Presidency, we should Primary him."

Just some food for thought. If Obama's approval rating takes a big jump and stays there...uh oh.

Something unexpected could happen. Dollar crash, or even less than that, more unemployment.

Let's suppose the likelihood of Ron Paul getting elected is 4/100. I'd take it, because someone like Ron Paul appears like 1 in 200 years.

Badger Paul
05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Yes it will, it will help a lot. But RP must take the lead in saying it's over. OBL is dead. We've won. Let's come home. There will always be terrorist. We'll deal with them as we dealt with Osama. We'll defend our country's shores but there's no justification in being in Afghanistan or Iraq or Saudi Arabia or all over the world now or spending billions in defense to go after a few sick assholes. It's over and we need to come home. Anyone else want unending war? Then explain why to the people.

http://conservativetimes.org/?p=8681

Nate-ForLiberty
05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
If Ron can focus the debate on the economy that will counteract this "we won" bullshit. Yeah we killed a guy, but at what cost? You're paying $5 for a gallon of gas, food prices are higher than they've ever been, the Federal Government is completely broke, there is no money for Medicare, Medicaid, or Social Security, our civil Liberties are almost completely gone,...
...and all of that to get 1 guy?!?!

It would have been better to nuke the entire country of Afghanistan. It would have been much faster, much cheaper, a far fewer civilians would have been killed.

zacharyrow
05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't think it'll help. I'm getting chewed out by friends for bringing up the fact that we should come home and all these wars are just plain silly.

ExPatPaki
05-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't think it'll help. I'm getting chewed out by friends for bringing up the fact that we should come home and all these wars are just plain silly.

I pretty much don't hang out with such people anymore. It just pisses me off and I know I would be punching them in the face because of their willful stupidity.

Feeding the Abscess
05-01-2011, 11:10 PM

... Fozz? Is that you?

Ron Paul's campaign, if it were to end in a general election loss, would expose millions of people to the liberty perspective. Nothing bad can come from that.

zacharyrow
05-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I pretty much don't hang out with such people anymore. It just pisses me off and I know I would be punching them in the face because of their willful stupidity.

Well it's what I expected. They're caught up in excitement, and I understand. The face of terrorism is dead, that's good. I'd just like people to think with their brains more.

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2011, 11:11 PM

I just don't think the nation has time to tap the brakes. It's like the old western where the stagecoach is headed for the cliff. The whole thing is past the point of no return and we all have to bail out and pick one leader for everyone left standing.

Our troubles are more imminent than people know. I don't think you have to worry about 'magesty Obama' come November of 2012. That sort of nail-biting is way premature. There are 16 months to the Presidential election.

PaulConventionWV
05-01-2011, 11:14 PM

But that is illegitimate on its face. You don't have to have an interventionist foreign policy to go after legitimate criminals. Paul would have done it, and he would have done it much more effectively! That would be a silly rhetoric, and I don't think anyone serious would accept that. I think it will be a small help to Paul, but again, nothing can be taken for granted.

Badger Paul
05-01-2011, 11:21 PM
"Well then, him being used as a sacrificial lamb would be the worst thing in the world for us all. The entire GOP would scapegoat us and say "look, you libertarians aren't electable at all. You cost us Senate Seats in 2010 and now the Presidency." All of us will be setback for a decade or more. You specifically could take a hit for it. People could say "you know that Glen character in North Carolina? Well he supported Ron Paul, the guy who cost us the Presidency, we should Primary him."

Goldwater lost by a lot too. Did it kill the conservative movement? Of course not. Because it became the opposition to the dominant political narrative. So long as you become the official opposition you're going to matter in U.S. politics. But to do this we must win the GOP nomination or come awfully close. To me what happens to Obama really doesn't matter. It's what we can do to create a legitimate opposition and narrative what he represents is what matters for the future.

OrokuSaki
05-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Okay. Lets say that my argument is: "Ron Paul couldnt help because if Ron Paul was president, we wouldnt have received the intelligence. His foreign policy would have failed".

I am a big ron paul fan.. But I was driving down the road not too long ago and thought to myself that we do need "intelligence". Though the CIA has done so much bad shit to man kind, with their experiments.

Your argument?

Feeding the Abscess
05-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Okay. Lets say that my argument is: "Ron Paul couldnt help because if Ron Paul was president, we wouldnt have received the intelligence. His foreign policy would have failed".

I am a big ron paul fan.. But I was driving down the road not too long ago and thought to myself that we do need "intelligence". Though the CIA has done so much bad shit to man kind, with their experiments.

Your argument?

There are sixteen known intelligence agencies, eliminating the CIA and FBI would bring it to fourteen. Also of note, neither the CIA nor the FBI are part of the eight known intelligence agencies that operate within the Department of Defense.

OrokuSaki
05-01-2011, 11:28 PM
There are sixteen known intelligence agencies, eliminating the CIA and FBI would bring it to fourteen. Also of note, neither the CIA nor the FBI are part of the eight known intelligence agencies that operate within the Department of Defense.

Cool! Thats what my talking point will be.

OrokuSaki
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
what are the names of all these intelligence agencies? Gotta link?

Mini-Me
05-01-2011, 11:35 PM
I just don't think the nation has time to tap the brakes. It's like the old western where the stagecoach is headed for the cliff. The whole thing is past the point of no return and we all have to bail out and pick one leader for everyone left standing.

Our troubles are more imminent than people know. I don't think you have to worry about 'magesty Obama' come November of 2012. That sort of nail-biting is way premature. There are 16 months to the Presidential election.

Agreed. In light of tonight's announcement, there are some good reasons to be nervous about the political climate in the near-term future...but it's way premature to be panicking about an election that's still 18 months away. That's a full year and a half, and whatever popularity boost Obama in particular gets from this will not last more than a few months given the state of the economy, the dollar, and the national debt. The real danger is not a magically invincible Obama but renewed arrogance from warhawks in the GOP and their jingoistic base (and renewed cognitive dissonance about empire vs. the national debt).

Feeding the Abscess
05-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Cool! Thats what my talking point will be.

You're welcome. :)

You could also mention that one of the major failures described by the 9/11 Commission Report was one of bureaucracy; condensing our intelligence agency will allow for greater ease of information transfer.

Tinnuhana
05-02-2011, 12:20 AM
My thoughts exactly Michael. Marque and reprisal was there for our use. Instead we squandered the country's wealth and wreaked devastation. On the other hand, the president will use this to garner praise, even though he was only kept in the loop as the military (and CIA) of the US and Pakistan figured things out and put the plan into action.
Note: I only read through Pg 2 of comments before writing this. Sorry for any redundancy.

Batman
05-02-2011, 01:29 AM
You can kill the messenger, but the message continues. The fact is, Bin Ladle was idolized and made into a hero around much of the Third World. His organization is immense and structured so the death of its head doesn't mean the end of the organization. A new leader will emerge very quickly - one perhaps not as articulate and perhaps more aggresive, so his death will mean very little in the end.

cdc482
05-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Join this page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Osama-is-Dead-End-the-Wars/121003037978358

Verrater
05-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Hrmmph how convenient.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/wl_nm/us_binladen_brotherhood

Maximus
05-02-2011, 02:50 AM
Honestly most of these bastards in the streets are going to be confused as **** when they wake up tomorrow and we are still at war.

This helps RP so long so our military is in Afghanistan.

cindy25
05-02-2011, 03:15 AM
the sheep are celebrating what they perceive to be the end of the war. people don't celebrate events or even battle victories; they celebrate the end of the war; 11.11.18; VE, VJ.

so this could be good as it leaves the war without a goal, so it loses all purpose.

anaconda
05-02-2011, 03:22 AM

Yup. See how good things happen to good little sheeple that are patient with the war on terror?

anaconda
05-02-2011, 03:27 AM
the sheep are celebrating what they perceive to be the end of the war. people don't celebrate events or even battle victories; they celebrate the end of the war; 11.11.18; VE, VJ.

so this could be good as it leaves the war without a goal, so it loses all purpose.

Or it completely reinforces the notion that The People simply need to be patient with their government's "war on terror." We've still got terror cells all over the world to ferret out, for gosh sakes! This is the sickest perverse ploy by our government I could possibly imagine. I fear a false flag may be coming soon. I am ashamed to have these criminals in government, and I am ashamed that my fellow citizens are buying this crap tonight.

The Moravian
05-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Here's my talking point:

There are still plenty of Al Qaeda members, they are motivated by ideology, not personality, so a new leader will emerge to take OBLs place. If we continue to fight terror the same way we have been so far, will it take another 10 years to kill the next leader? And 10 years more for the next?...

The Moravian
05-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Even better idea is to let people celebrate for a week or two, perhaps asking "is the war on terror over, then?" without getting into any arguments or being overtly divisive.

When it becomes clear that the wars will continue as if nothing happened, then we will have receptive ears to talk to about changing the strategy and bringing the troops home.

anaconda
05-02-2011, 04:32 AM
Even better idea is to let people celebrate for a week or two, perhaps asking "is the war on terror over, then?" without getting into any arguments or being overtly divisive.

When it becomes clear that the wars will continue as if nothing happened, then we will have receptive ears to talk to about changing the strategy and bringing the troops home.

Or while the sheeple are still all cozy, unified, and nationalistic, they pull a huge false flag and usher in the NWO police grid.

Chowder
05-02-2011, 04:39 AM
As long as Obama keeps up the war on terrorism and insists its part of our duty etc and etc it's going to look really good for Ron Paul. We may even win a large portion of anti-war crowd to our side because most young people are quite fed and disappointed in Obama. Ron Paul will be the only voice for the anti-war crowd..........unless the other candidates start copying off of him and flip-flop. But that's what we're here for to expose just that.

MRoCkEd
05-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Ron should really prepare some answer for this. Example:

"It is great that so many affected by the horror of 9/11 will feel some relief now that Osama bin Laden has been brought to justice. However, it is tragic that this took ten years when it should have been the first priority. I introduced letters of marque and reprisal to take out the terrorists responsible swiftly, with minimal blood and treasure. Unfortunately, we instead have been distracted by three costly wars, leading to the death of many of our brave men and women. I hope we can use this event to declare a major victory in this long war, and bring our troops home."

eduardo89
05-02-2011, 06:02 AM
I guess Osama lost this game of hide and seek...

Is there any real proof of this though? They threw his body into thr ocean quite quickly after, is there any proof they actually killed him? Seems pretty easy to make up...

Also what the he'll have we been doing in Afghanistan if the whole time he's been in Pakistan li ing in a luxury house?

Lucille
05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post

It's a long time until the election, the economy is horrible and getting worse every day.

He'll get a dead cat bounce, but this will not be the deciding factor (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-when-does-managed-perception-become-reality) in the 2012 elections.

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Occam's Banana
05-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I fear a false flag may be coming soon.

I've never been much of a conspiracy buff (though I don't dismiss the possibilities out of hand). However, if "something significant" happens in the near future that serves as an excuse for extending & strengthening the War on Terror, the needle on my BS-meter is going to peg out.

BTW, isn't the Patriot Act nearly due for some kind of renewal, or some such?

Matt Collins
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhXt4BjLL0g

anaconda
05-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Ron should really prepare some answer for this. Example:

"It is great that so many affected by the horror of 9/11 will feel some relief now that Osama bin Laden has been brought to justice. However, it is tragic that this took ten years when it should have been the first priority. I introduced letters of marque and reprisal to take out the terrorists responsible swiftly, with minimal blood and treasure. Unfortunately, we instead have been distracted by three costly wars, leading to the death of many of our brave men and women. I hope we can use this event to declare a major victory in this long war, and bring our troops home."

Ron should say something to the effect of: "Instead of getting the terrorists responsible, the last two administrations have desecrated the memory of the victims of 9-11 by USING their loss as a reason to lie to all of us and start wars for oil. I would have got Bin Laden with constitutionally valid methods in 2001. We have all been lied to and it is unforgivable." Ron needs to spin this so that people are disgusted by this latest ploy.

ronpaulhawaii
05-03-2011, 12:35 AM
This should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_JEVhtwuU8

cindy25
05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
It's a long time until the election, the economy is horrible and getting worse every day.

He'll get a dead cat bounce, but this will not be the deciding factor (http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-when-does-managed-perception-become-reality) in the 2012 elections.

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Obama won't benefit from this in the long run, but the hawkish Republicans (Trump) will