PDA

View Full Version : Are Most Democrats Incapable of Understanding US Monetary Policy?

michaelwise
10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
It seems to me that the main focus of the Democrats, is to accelerate the bankruptcy of the US government and the American people, with all their crazy spending programs.
Why are none of the Democratic candidates addressing the issue of US monetary policy? Do they not know that the global purchasing power of th US Dollar is dropping like a rock? Are they so inept, that they are incapable of understanding this concept?
Due to the falling value of US Dollars around the world, which the US Dollar index in the link below clearly shows, the price of a barrel of oil is soring over $92, and all commodities purchased with US dollars is going up. This spells lots of inflation ahead. When will it end?
Could Denis Kucinich or Mike Gravel get some media attention by mentioning the problems with US monetary policy in the next Democratic debate? Someone on the other side should start addressing this problem, and stop burying their heads in the sand.

Link to Dollar Collapse: http://www.dollarcollapse.com/

brandon
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I only read the title, and the answer is

YES

That is why Hillary can say something like "I will give everyone 1000 $" and people love it. They dont realize that first she is going to take 1,100$ from them, give 100 to the beurocrats, and then return 1000$ to them

However, most republicans dont understand it either.

john_anderson_ii
10-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Um... 's/Democrats/People/g' is more like it. I know plenty of independents, non-voters, republicans and even a few people that claim to Libertarians who don't a thing about our money system. As a matter of fact, I was one of those people before I noticed Ron Paul.

FrankRep
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Democrats are certainly good at spending money.

Not to hate on Democrats.

kylejack
10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
They're not incapable, but both they and Republicans have been fed the CPI lie for a long time, so they think that inflation is under control. CPI becomes less and less relevant the more they tweak it, and now, as Shadow Stats shows, its totally ridiculous. If anything, Democrats have been good at curtailing deficit spending, which is one of the biggest causes of inflation and monetary destruction.

freelance
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure that either side has a real grasp of the inner workings of monetary policy, but it doesn't take a Ph.D. in economics to see that they're spending us in bankruptcy.

Doesn't anyone up there except Dr. Paul wonder why they're hiding M3? Doesn't anyone know that leaving out food and energy costs is a big, fat lie, because we all have to buy those things?

michaelwise
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
They're not incapable, but both they and Republicans have been fed the CPI lie for a long time, so they think that inflation is under control. CPI becomes less and less relevant the more they tweak it, and now, as Shadow Stats shows, its totally ridiculous. If anything, Democrats have been good at curtailing deficit spending, which is one of the biggest causes of inflation and monetary destruction.One of the biggest misconceptions among Democrats, is how the balanced budget, and surplus under Bill Clinton was achieved. The Dot-Com bubble was still roaring when Bill Clinton left office. The capitol gains taxes on all the stock gains, contributed heavily to revenue surpluses. Unfortunately, all that tax revenue went bye bye in the first year of the Bush administration.

Mesogen
10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Mike Gravel gets it.

kylejack
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
One of the biggest misconceptions among Democrats, is how the balanced budget, and surplus under Bill Clinton was achieved. The Dot-Com bubble was still roaring when Bill Clinton left office. The capitol gains taxes on all the stock gains, contributed heavily to revenue surpluses. Unfortunately, all that tax revenue went bye bye in the first year of the Bush administration.

Clinton:
37 vetoes (many budget related)
Part of the New Democrats/DLC, which advocated fiscal restraint
Significant welfare reform
General adherence to PAYGO
Signed legislation mandating spending restraints to balance the budget

Bush:
4 vetoes (mostly social policy, not spending)
Doubled the size of Department of Education budget with NCLB and other programs
Mostly did away with PAYGO
Created huge new Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit program

And Bush had a Republican Congress for most of his administration, so there is really no excuse for it.

Ozwest
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Being an ex Democrat, most are what you would classify as "bleeding hearts". Democrats are of the opinion that there's oodles of money out there, and all you have to do is get it back from the "fat cats"... Perhaps too idealistic, but I suggest, more open-minded than neo-cons who are war mongering and paranoid... The current Republican Party is abhorrent to me, although a "Taft" Republican Party would deserve commitment... Ron Paul satisfies my liberal (small L), leanings because a strong economy working from the bottom up instead of from the top down is the most efficient way to generate wealth and well-being in a community. If you are able to convince Democrats on this point, they will be easily converted.

Bradley in DC
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, it isn't just Democrats. I'll bet half of the Republicans on the House banking cmte haven't a clue. :(

fletcher
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
They either don't understand it or don't care. It's just easier to buy peoples votes. And once the voters are dependent on the government they'll be locked to the Democrats.

"I'll give you free health care if you vote for me!!"

Ozwest
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
They either don't understand it or don't care. It's just easier to buy peoples votes. And once the voters are dependent on the government they'll be locked to the Democrats.

"I'll give you free health care if you vote for me!!"

Your observations apply to both parties'