PDA

View Full Version : Please help Mercer Co, NJ take Rudy off the table!

JerzieJennie
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Jenn, and I'm an assistant organizer for Mercer County Meetup Group near Trenton, NJ. When I was at a diner last week, I saw an Rudy ad on the placemat. I was not happy. After some research, I found out that Rudy's ad is up as of November 1st, (next printing is in mid november) and that if we act VERY quickly, we can steal his spot. (ad manager is happy to let us do this) This ad man keeps each ad exclusive, i.e., only one real estate agent, only one carpet cleaner, only ONE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

Broad Street Diner Trenton, NJ - we would have 75000 placemats that will last 4 months through February's primaries, and none of the candidates will be able to get on the placemat.

Princetonian Diner, Princeton, NJ - we would have 125,000 placemats that will last 6 months through the primaries, and again, none of the other candidates will be able to get on the placemat.

WE NEED HELP RAISING MONEY! We are mainly college students and people that do a lot of work on our feet, but have little money to give. Can someone please help us at our chip in site?

How GREAT would it be to boot Rudy off of the ad????

Please give if you are able!

We need to have art and raise half of $945 (475) which is the down payment by 11/5, and the other half (470) by 12/5

Here's the chipin site:

http://ronpaulplacemat.chipin.com/ro...y-placemat-ads

Thanks for your help!

Jennie

Also - this is a bit of a rush. We just had a brainstorm meeting last night to discuss the chance to introduce people to Ron. All Rudy's ad said was Elect Rudy for president 2008. But people in NJ certainly already know who he is. If anyone has any suggestions or artistic talent with this sort of thing, we'd love feedback or ideas. I plan on taking all the ad samples to our Nov. 1 meeting so that we can vote on the most effective way to get RPs name out there. The space is approximately 2 1/2 x 3 inches.

Of course, if we are unable to gather enough donations that I can at least cover for the rest of the cost with my credit card, I will be refunding donations immediately.

Feedback and ideas welcome and appreciated!

Jennie

**** Here's a scanned copy of the contract so you can see what I'm talking about :)

http://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/bf/a9/c7a9_1_sbl.JPG

me3
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Please PM chowda to see if he can add you to the ChipIn page on Ron Paul graphs. I'm trying to keep tabs on ChipIns there and promote them for support daily.

KewlRonduderules
10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I have been on these forums for a while and often donate to various causes. I donated $45 for this today. This is my backyard.

Anybody want to help?

:)

TechnoGuyRob
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow, awesome! I'm broke, but I'll tell my college chapter.

mavtek
10-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I think the money issue is starting to really hurt everyone, but we have to figure out a way.

Paulitic
10-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Bump for a good cause! I'm one of the Mercer county people. These two diners are about as upscale as a diner can be. Lots of old people and affluent middle-aged (and kids of both)...in other words, lots of potential voters frequent these establishments.

And, of course, blocking Rudy from renewing his ad would be great!

Eric21ND
10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
This page some eye catching artwork. Might give you some ideas.

http://store.voteronpaul.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VOTERP&Product_Code=ACT-CARD-100-4x6&Attributes=Yes&Quantity=1

centure7
10-26-2007, 01:50 PM
That is really cheap advertising! I have no choice but to go further into the hole and chip in :) Be sure to run revisions through for the graphics, because you can be guaranteed that one of us will have a great idea for an improved graphic.

American
10-26-2007, 01:56 PM
This is really cheap and good advertising can anyone get to the official campaign for some help with this and art work?

JerzieJennie
10-26-2007, 06:50 PM
The campaign was very clear that we could not use any official materials since it was being paid for by volunteers.

cmc
10-26-2007, 06:57 PM
What a fantastic idea! I'll pitch in for this.

mannycp
10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
bump

BrianH
10-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Bump ---great work!

literatim
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I would recommend hooking up with one of the PACs for this project.

In any ad you have to make sure that you signify that it is not paid for by the official campaign.

VoteRonPaul2008
10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
this is great.. everyone do this.. i'm broke right now.. But I will def find money.. I can't stand Giuliani

Green Mountain Boy
10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
I would recommend hooking up with one of the PACs for this project.

In any ad you have to make sure that you signify that it is not paid for by the official campaign.

Since it's under $1,000 I don't think a PAC is needed.

imaginegirl
10-26-2007, 08:00 PM
What is the due date? I might be able to work up some catchy graphics... (PM me specs)

njjack
10-26-2007, 08:18 PM
http://ronpaulnewjersey.com/?page_id=60

hey guys I added the chipin on the RonPaulNJ.com:

http://ronpaulnewjersey.com/?page_id=60

BTW we reached 100% for the Revolution Stencils, thanks everyone that helped chip in!!! :)

max
10-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I admire what you're doing, but as one New Jerseyan to another....forget this state...IT BELONGS TO RUDY....I know folks dont want to hear that...but a good general respects his adversaries strengths and focuses on his weak spots

NJ is loaded with Italian-Americans (like my stubborn Dad) and Ziionists who will be voting for local "hero" Rudy.

You can just as easily do stuff like this in NH as you could in NJ.

You don't see the campaign wasting financial resources in NJ...so why should Meetups squander human resources?

For local stuff, we still do sign waving, freeway blogging, flyering etc beacuse we cant drive 6 hours to NH on weekends.

But for any kind of media ads, put your money in little NH - like I did with the upcoming full page ad...A win in NH will do more for Ron in NJ than anything we could possibly do locally.

KewlRonduderules
10-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I admire what you're doing, but as one New Jerseyan to another....forget this state...IT BELONGS TO RUDY....I know folks dont want to hear that...but a good general respects his adversaries strengths and focuses on his weak spots

NJ is loaded with Italian-Americans (like my stubborn Dad) and Ziionists who will be voting for local "hero" Rudy.

You can just as easily do stuff like this in NH as you could in NJ.

You don't see the campaign wasting financial resources in NJ...so why should Meetups squander human resources?

For local stuff, we still do sign waving, freeway blogging, flyering etc beacuse we cant drive 6 hours to NH on weekends.

But for any kind of media ads, put your money in little NH - like I did with the upcoming full page ad...A win in NH will do more for Ron in NJ than anything we could possibly do locally.

Oh dear. I am sorry to see these type of comments. :( I think it is important to spread the message all over the country. To say New Jersey is Italian and full of zionists is simply naive and shallow. We are quite a diverse state and I live in a German area of New Jersey. There is a lot of support here. People see me with my campaign shirts and the stickers on the back of my fusion and comment on them. A few days a week, people honk at me and I usually think that I did something wrong driving but after thinking about it, it is about the stickers in the back of my car.

As for Giuliani, are you aware many Yankee fans come from new jersey and they boo'd Giuliani. And they were pissed that he was wearing a Boston Red Sox's Jersey and cap- I know because I spoke with them. That is a no no for major Yankee fans.

Got news for you max, Ron Paul support is everywhere. It is all about spreading the name and image. ;)

foofighter20x
10-26-2007, 09:48 PM
It was at $280 a minute ago...

Now it's at $500. ;)

max
10-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh dear. I am sorry to see these type of comments. :( I think it is important to spread the message all over the country. To say New Jersey is Italian and full of zionists is simply naive and shallow. We are quite a diverse state and I live in a German area of New Jersey. There is a lot of support here. People see me with my campaign shirts and the stickers on the back of my fusion and comment on them. A few days a week, people honk at me and I usually think that I did something wrong driving but after thinking about it, it is about the stickers in the back of my car.

As for Giuliani, are you aware many Yankee fans come from new jersey and they boo'd Giuliani. And they were pissed that he was wearing a Boston Red Sox's Jersey and cap- I know because I spoke with them. That is a no no for major Yankee fans.

Got news for you max, Ron Paul support is everywhere. It is all about spreading the name and image. ;)

The bulk of NJ's population is here in the North..and yes...it's heavily loaded with Italians and Zionists. North Jersey culture is NYC. Rudy has the entire GOP machine here in his back pocket so there wont be too many votes split away to Romney-Fred- McCain et al.

If theres one thing more dangerous than pessism...it's unrealistic optimism. No way Rudy is going to lose in his home field against a Texan. Why run an ad in a NJ Diner when you can do something similar for NH diners? Do you realize what a NH victory would mean for us nationwide?

The folks who booed Rudy at Yankee stadium arent primary voters and they were probably Democrats

vegetarianrpfan
10-27-2007, 06:22 AM
I love the idea, and while it's fabulous, we have to think: is this going to help Ron Paul win the Republican nomination for President? Even if he wins in this county, will he win New Jersey from that?

If the answer is no, we need to focus somewhere where he can win (unless it's a big college student area or tourist spot, where people may be able to go home and vote in early primary states). I agree that the ads should be taken out in a New Hampshire diner, rather than an NJ one-- although they would probably be more expensive, so it may not be an either/or issue.

That said, it can't hurt at all and does no harm so I can't wait to see the final placemats! If they're in place, when I go with my boyfriend to visit his family in NJ, I'll try to go to to this diner and tell them I love their Ron Paul placemats.

----------------
Sorority Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

Thunderbolt
10-27-2007, 07:26 AM
///

For something this cheap and to keep Rudy off the table! Way to go Jen. Great job.

Looks like you got the half raised already, let's get her the rest by the end of the day!

And none of us are mind readers. A lot of folks back east don't like Rudy. Who says we can't win. She is not suggesting we blow the 5.5 million on campaigning there. She has a great cheap way to get Rudy's face away from people! We should be taking advantage of every simple cheap thing we can do.

I am proud of you young lady! Excellent find and great work getting them to agree to put Ron on the batch that takes us through the primaries!!!

damijin
10-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Rudy has support in North Jersey!? That's news to me!

Mercer County is the heart of the state, right in the middle, closer to Philly than NY, also home of the state capital. We're not New Yorkers, we're from New Jersey, and I don't see any Rudy supporters down here (not that I see em when I'm up in Newark either... I think the whole idea that this area belongs to him is an MSM myth)

It might make more sense to focus on NH to most people, but we all need to focus on our home towns, and inform the entirety of America as a whole. I don't think this is a waste at all, but I do think that if anyone had to choose between helping out Mercer County, helping out an early primary state, or helping out their own home town, they should pick one of the latter two. But if you got the dough, do all three!

For me, Mercer is where I live, and I'd love to see this happen :)

KewlRonduderules
10-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey neighbor.

Thanks for the post.
:)

BrianH
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
This is great - only a few more dollars needed!

cmc
10-28-2007, 12:34 PM
shameless bump

specsaregood
10-28-2007, 01:53 PM
//

max
10-28-2007, 03:02 PM
[/B]

One braindead voter who does nothing other than show up on election day and votes for Rudy cancels out one extremely passionate RP lover...

The former outnumber the latter here in NJ..

Spend this money in NH...and maybe...just maybe...a NH win could parlay itself into something in NJ

JerzieJennie
10-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Hello all,

Yes I understand what you are saying about NH vs NJ spending. The fact is, I'm the assistant director of the MERCER COUNTY NJ meetup group, not the Alstead NH meetup group, and it was a fabulous and cheap opportunity - at JUST the right place and time to make a difference. My job is to best effect my local community - which is why there are so many small meetup groups instead of just one big one right ? And we can all agree that making sure Rudy is NOT on the mat surely doesnt HURT, right? :D If you have any similar ideas happening from the people in NH, please feel free to start chip ins, and I will be happy to contribute once this is over :)

**UPDATE** I have written to chip in - when I try the link it sometimes tells me we are stuck at $280 from a few days ago. But...

WE HAVE REACHED $650!!! as of Sunday evening!!!

This means we have enough money to put down for the down payment of the placemat. I have a meeting with the ad guy on Monday 11/5.

Graphics to come! (Warning they are going to be the equivilent of stick figure drawings because free ad design is included in our fee. I'll let someone who knows what they are doing put them into the final format. ) Of course, I will share the ideas with the group to get opinions and suggestions ahead of time ! :D

You have all been truly amazing. I am so proud to be working with such a dedicated and passionate group of people. I have had over 18 people donate so far! :) It is so inspiring to see someone from Illinois, or even LONDON donating to the cause! We should all take a minute to really enjoy how blessed we are to be right here and now - fighting to change our country with an amazing group of empowered people. Amazing!

***SPECS for those of you that had asked:
Princetonian Diner - lots of university traffic: 2.5 x 2.5
Broad St - More city people is 2.5 w x 3.25

Paulitic
10-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Awesome! Glad I recommended this forum to you!! ;)

Can't wait to go to these diners with my you-talk-about-ron-paul-too-much friends and be like, "oh wow, Ron Paul is everywhere! It's not just me." mwaaahahaha!

vegetarianrpfan
10-28-2007, 03:37 PM
Awesome that the chipin has worked.

Even better that it's a nice college area, hopefully with many NH, IA and SC students who will vote in their home states!

Does the diner do this completely on their own, or do they work with a company? I'm trying to find out if there's any diner around me (or maybe in SC) that does this sort of thing as well. Does anyone know if there are any companies that do just this sort of advertising?

----------------
Sorority Girl Gets Ron Paul License Plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdaK1UPNkQ

JenHarris
10-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear things are going well. BTW I've given to quite a few chip-ins lately and you were the only person to personally thank me via email. Kudos to you for that. It will make me more likely to help you out again if the opportunity arises.

James R
10-29-2007, 06:59 AM
*Bump* Looks like this one does not have too much further to go. It seems like a lot of advertising for the price paid.

JerzieJennie
10-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Hello everyone :)

I am still thrilled and smiling that so many people are helping out :)

For the person that was asking about the placemats, if you are anywhere near NJ, this man has the company:

www.americanplacemats.com

Errol has owned this company for 23 years, and is a very nice guy :)

me3
10-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Errol needs to vote Ron Paul! :D

Margo37
11-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Any updates or designs?
(bump)

Eric21ND
11-19-2007, 01:30 AM
I'd like to see a picture of them.