PDA

View Full Version : Moveon.org on Facebook Posted Keynes/Hayek Fight of the Century

PermanentSleep
05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.facebook.com/moveon?sk=wall#!/moveon

With "Click LIKE if you're ready for more" as the heading to the post. Interesting.

201 "likes" so far.

They also posted it on their website with nothing derogatory at all, here:
http://front.moveon.org/the-fight-of-the-century/
With only MC Keynes and MC Hayek battle it out on the mic. and To be continued…

freshjiva
05-01-2011, 05:23 PM
My initial guess as to why it's "liked" by MoveOn.org is that many of their followers have no clue about the business cycle theory, inflation/deflation, and the Fed.

anaconda
05-01-2011, 05:31 PM
My initial guess as to why it's "liked" by MoveOn.org is that many of their followers have no clue about the business cycle theory, inflation/deflation, and the Fed.

I'm on MoveOn's email list. It's pretty funny. Every time we are fighting some battle they are spinning it oppositely.

PBrady
05-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Some of these responses to the facebook post are hilarious, and some are just downright facepalm material. Others are just confusing as hell:

-- "I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! But it kinda looked like Hayek was winning in the end. What was THAT about? GO KEYNES!"

-- "Why would you promote a video that goes so very much against our core values? Free market seemed to be what the movie makers were pushin. I do not believe ghat Moveons would support that message. "Why would you promote a video that goes so very much against our core values? Free market seemed to be what the movie makers were pushin. I do not believe ghat Moveons would support that message."

-- "I missed part I but part II was interesting. I agree with John that Hayek's argument was presented in a more appealing manner which of course left confusion as to why Keynes was declared the winner. I don't know the overall goal of the pr...oduction and/or the particular bias of the producers. I don't agree that there is an effort to retain a neutral display at witnessed with the presentation of Bernanke and the money exchange, smoking in the back room etc. That was cheap and unjustified imo. I also think the thing with nothing to eat was silly like there is ever going to actually be a lack of food. If we channeled all the resources we use on making crap food into basic sustenance no one would ever lack for basic nutrition. Anyway, I would be interested in viewing part I."

dannno
05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Epic.

Fail.

Of the funniest variety :D

malkusm
05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
"I missed part I but part II was interesting. I agree with John that Hayek's argument was presented in a more appealing manner which of course left confusion as to why Keynes was declared the winner."

Hahahaha!!!

2young2vote
05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Hahahaha!!!

It's funny because they showed them on pretty much equal grounds. It is also funny because he totally missed the point of Keynes being declared the winner. I wonder if he noticed the types of people who presented themselves to the two economists after the debate. Keynes was surrounded by the media and politicians while Hayek was approached by younger people who looked fresh to the real world. It is interesting that he thinks Hayek's arguments were presented in a more appealing manner because if I didn't know anything about economics I would have found Keynes' arguments much better. Maybe he thought they were presented better because they are the only ones that make sense and he doesn't realize it?

FrankRep
05-01-2011, 06:07 PM
http://front.moveon.org/the-fight-of-the-century/

This video makes Hayek’s ideas (and rhymes) seem a lot better than they were in reality, and short-changes Keynes’ clear economic superiority.

Moveon.org = Keynesian

smokemonsc
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
The more people who watch that video the better. I feel pretty confident it has reached at least one person :)

IDefendThePlatform
05-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Thats hilarious. I would think at least some of them will notice Hayek as the anti war economist and hopefully give him a second look.

Funny how people can be so politically engaged and yet still totally clueless about the basics.

Epic
05-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Moveon.org = Keynesian

Not necessarily. Most leftists aren't dedicated Keynesians - they just need that as an excuse when their interests coincide.

For example, leftists want to raise tax rates on the rich during bad economic times. That is not Keynesian at all.

FrankRep
05-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Not necessarily. Most leftists aren't dedicated Keynesians - they just need that as an excuse when their interests coincide.

For example, leftists want to raise tax rates on the rich during bad economic times. That is not Keynesian at all.

Karl Marx would agree that we need to raise the tax rates on the rich.

heh.

Matt Collins
05-05-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NIyCJC9ehQ&feature=youtu.be