PDA

View Full Version : Any NH forum member get the Paul 12-Page Pamphlet? Contact campaign to get copies?

mkrfctr
10-26-2007, 10:41 AM
http://nh2008.blogspot.com/2007/10/paul-mails-12-page-pamphlet-to-granite.html

Any forum member have a copy and can upload scan or larger sized pictures to read it please? EDIT: The site above now has clickable pics that go to large sized ones (parts blurry, but readable).

And if it's good perhaps it would be good to get/purchase them from the campaign or get the digital files and print them by meetup groups - I think it might be a relatively inexpensive way to give more information when doing lit drops then simply slim jims. Maybe limit it to people you actually talk to and who sound interested? It's a lot easier to read a pamphlet than to take the initiative to get on the computer and type in a web address or to a google search.

Maybe one person contact the campaign about that and report back here?

EDIT: Looks like it would need some editing to be used elsewhere or by meetup groups. Has one quote from a NH rep, the address on the postcards is to the NH office (and unless it was printed on cardstock and perforated like theirs, not valid as a post card (too thin)), and it's only for republicans (who they are mailing it to), and it says "Paid for by the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee".

BillyDkid
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes, the campaign would be smart to make this available for download - that will mean thousand of new copies printed out and passed out at no cost to them.

koob
10-26-2007, 01:21 PM
omg i want those.

Eric21ND
10-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow those are breath-taking!! Reminds me when I first viewed the Constitution flyers and was blown away. I thinkt he campaign should make those pamphlets available to purchase in bulk on the official website! I'd buy a ton of those.

anewvoice
10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
These need to be made available for purchase!!!! Looks awesome.

Alabama Supporter
10-26-2007, 01:36 PM
These would be expensive! They look high quality.

Lord Xar
10-26-2007, 01:37 PM
There doesn't seem to be much mention or any mention of "ending the war". I thought NH was a very anti-iraq war state.

kylejack
10-26-2007, 01:41 PM
There doesn't seem to be much mention or any mention of "ending the war". I thought NH was a very anti-iraq war state.
This is for Republicans, so he's focusing on the important Republican talking points. Probably another one will be mailed out for independents with the war issue front and center.

EvoPro
10-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow. Those are amazing.

It does say this:

"Americans have asked for protection and peace without nation building and that is what Ron Paul will deliver."

Which can be translated as "end the war."

brumans
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
High-Res Images are now up-- click the image and you can read everything.

Vvick727
10-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh shoot, on the "Defending America - Keeping Us Strong" page they spelled Ronald Reagan wrong

spelled it "regan"

BIG_J
10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
THAT makes my MONTH.

mkrfctr
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I find their use of imagery amusing. On the one about his service in the Air Force they use a picture of a Navy fighter, the F-14, on the deck of a Navy aircraft carrier, lol. Also the F-14 is no longer in service, seems a bit more topical would be a pic of an F/A-18E/F - there are tons and they are all free to use as they are produced by the US Government so they belong to the people. And the one for his service in the Air Force should be an F-22 or a B-2 or something, sheesh. :P

mkrfctr
10-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Oh shoot, on the "Defending America - Keeping Us Strong" page they spelled Ronald Reagan wrong

spelled it "regan"

oops! :eek:

Alabama Supporter
10-26-2007, 02:19 PM
oh well, no need to nitpick. This is a high quality product.

TexMac
10-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I think The Ron Paul Revolution killed his servers.

Lord Xar
10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
oops! :eek:

yikes.. perhaps someone can notify the campaign...

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
yikes.. perhaps someone can notify the campaign...

I already did. Justine said as soon as she finds the pdfs, she will upload them. :)

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 03:05 PM

spelled it "regan"

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! That is NOT a good mistake to make.

American
10-26-2007, 03:07 PM
WOW, they better get with the people who published this and get some serious discount.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_XZMjBbjG-KE/RyI9JXsLSbI/AAAAAAAAAcY/VxCmcVj7NR8/s1600-h/P9.JPG

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 03:08 PM
I notified Justine, in case they didn't already know about it. You're right, if this was the printer's mistake they should either comp the order or make an entire new run for them.

unklejman
10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
As I feared there are a few places where the high contrast background image obscures the text. Who do they go to get this stuff made? I'd be happy do create art work for them at discounted price. Consider it a donation.

American
10-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I notified Justine, in case they didn't already know about it. You're right, if this was the printer's mistake they should either comp the order or make an entire new run for them.

Who would misspell Reagan?

You dont think they are printed out of country do you.....:eek:

I'm KIDDING

unklejman
10-26-2007, 03:22 PM
It would not be the printer's fault but rather the artists fault. Unfortunately the campaign is going to have to eat the cost of the print job. Hopefully the artist will refund them some money for their mistake, although, If they signed an approval contract then there's nothing the artist is required to do. They should have had several people proof twice before signing a final approval.

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
As I feared there are a few places where the high contrast background image obscures the text. Who do they go to get this stuff made? I'd be happy do create art work for them at discounted price. Consider it a donation.

Now, if you were willing to offer your services for free, then THAT would be a donation. ;)

Note: Justine says the typo has been corrected for the 2nd run. All is good. :)

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Did you just say: "Second run???" :D

JM

LibertyEagle
10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Did you just say: "Second run???" :D

JM

Second printing. Yes.

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Any idea where those are going? Independents in NH? :)

JM

kylejack
10-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Any idea where those are going? Independents in NH? :)
Republicans.

jgmaynard
10-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I meant the 2nd run. The 1st run went out to every R in the state as far as I know, so they're covered. :)

JM

unklejman
10-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Now, if you were willing to offer your services for free, then THAT would be a donation. ;)

That's not out of the question. It depends on how big the job is. I'm really pressed for free time as it is. I'd be willing though.

Sematary
10-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Jesus, I want to get these out to people.

literatim
10-26-2007, 07:17 PM
They should definitely sell these on the official website and put them up for download.

terlinguatx
10-26-2007, 07:31 PM

mkrfctr
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Putting up PDFs is fine for viewing, but if meetup groups want to customize them for their state, make some of the text more readable, add pages that cover other issues that more align with dems and independents, etc, it would need to be in the original format, probably adobe indesign ... Only issue I see with that is if it looks so close to official materials but doesn't represent them well because of changes ... but then I suppose anyone could do that with any materials produced...

Nathan Hale
10-26-2007, 10:10 PM
This message has been edited to delete, because these message boards don't allow you to delete your message.

Nathan Hale
10-26-2007, 10:12 PM
High-Res Images are now up-- click the image and you can read everything.

Nothing happening on the first page. The others work though.

max
10-26-2007, 11:11 PM
These little secret weapons can win the election for us...These nest few weeks are gonna be ass-kicking......Jay Leno show....everyone in NH will have this mailer..

.Nov 4th Founding Fathers full page ad hits...

Nov 5th money bomb

NH TV and radio million dollar blitz....the only thing missing is an attack campaign against the frontrunners....that was how Buchanan won the state...

max
10-26-2007, 11:14 PM
holy holy, how can any republican/person in the country not be swayed by these

If this piece can find its way into EVERY american household.....there's no telling how big this could get....

he should have mentioned the 2nd amendment in there though

Nathan Hale
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Did the first round go out with the Reagan misspelling on it????

Dave Wood
10-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Second printing. Yes.

HERE HERE! I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT! These pieces are soooooo good.

I wonder if the campaign can help all of us with a bulk order.........I would love to pass these out in my area instead of the slim jims. Any ideas NH? They would fly around Northern VA and D.C.

Bradley in DC
10-27-2007, 08:16 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! That is NOT a good mistake to make.

Maybe they meant his cabinet secretary Regan? :D