PDA

View Full Version : A Crazy Idea: Tell me why this would not work!

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:38 AM
I have a crazy idea. Please tell me why this would not work.

I've seen many fundraising campaigns on this site and Ron Paul's website. Why don't we have a peopleraising campaign for a change?

I'm talking about a campaign that would be about finding new supporters and convincing them enough about Ron Paul that they make a donation!

The counter would not be in dollars but would be in the NUMBER of NEW supporters!

Is this a crazy idea?

I think it makes sense because we need to reach out to NEW supporters if we are going to WIN!

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Fantastic idea! The only problem is that it's harder to quantify people than money - but we could get around this by setting up a website where new supporters could go to pledge their support (their vote, anyways) with links to the fundraising website.

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I think it would be easy for the Ron Paul to tell who is a new person that has donated. Obviously, they have a database of all previous supporters who have donated.

Brinck Slattery
10-26-2007, 10:43 AM
well, you don't want to ask for donations right off the bat - people's support and the exponential growth in voters that you can get from friends talking to friends will bring the money in. A quick "recruitment" drive could bring the people, the money would follow.

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, I think a true measure of support is if you are willing to make a donation. For example, for a long time to join the Libertarian Party you had to make a donation of $20 dollars.

Man from La Mancha
10-26-2007, 10:52 AM
That is the main reason I set up the $100 million dollar pledge so people could show how many there of us. In one place. The $100 dollar amount could actually be given at any time of the past or future part of this year. Or $10 over 10 weeks. I just haven't been good at publicizing it yet. I really admire the talents of the 5thofnovember web poster.

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:54 AM
But I think we need a campaign that is not about money. It should be about people. But we need some way to make sure the people are true supporters of Ron Paul.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I think that's a great idea-- because if each of us gets just ONE recruit, we double our numbers, and obviously if we get more... great!

I recently heard from one of the people I recruited that he got two of his buddies to support Ron Paul... I wish everyone who hasn't before known that feeling could have it... again and again.

erowe1
10-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Why don't we have a peopleraising campaign for a change?

Yeah, that is a great idea. So great, in fact, that a lot of us have been active doing this for a long time.

If you haven't joined your local Meetup yet, please do so. If you haven't started getting involved in hitting the streets with them yet, there's no better time than now. If your Meetup isn't active in hitting the streets, and all they do is watch debates together and put signs on telephone polls, then take charge and start a new group in your area that actually does things that are helpful and that don't take place on the internet.