PDA

View Full Version : Message from Lisa Versaci of Emergent Order (The Company that did the Hayek vs Keynes VID)

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Emergent Order is the new Company from John Pappola and Lisa Versaci who produce content including the Hayek vs. Keynes "Fight of the Century" video (which I got to be an extra in :))

make sure to check them out at EmergentOrder.com & EconStories.TV

Anyways, I just got a message from Lisa she wanted me to share with the board...

OK - lots of folks say they wish Ron Paul was in it. Let them know that we did our best to feature a Ron Paul look-alike sitting next to the chairman in the Senate hearing. Have them take another peek. After all, Dr. Paul would definitely be a part of that kind of trial!

If I remember right from from his appearances at the mises institute and econtalk, John got interested in economics from Ron Paul, then started educating himself with the EconTalk and NPR Planet Money podcasts (two of my favorites) and all the usual Austrian related books we all know and love.

So below is the video for those who want to give it a second look, I remember having a delightful discussion about Anarchy with the Ron Paul look a like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc

cswake
05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
4:37

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 11:48 AM
the guy sitting to the bernanke in the timeframe you mentioned was the a two time libertarian candidate for the govenor of NJ, nice guy, chatted with him for a bit

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Isn't it actually 6:59? The guy at 4:37 is sitting next to the Bernanke look alike.

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Isn't it actually 6:59? The guy at 4:37 is sitting next to the Bernanke look alike.

Yeah, I think she was referring to the sitting next to the chairman of hearing, not the chairman of the FED. I think the guy who looks like Mike Gravel is supposed to be the ROn Paul look alike, he'd sure be a dead ringer for Gravel.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I think she was referring to the sitting next to the chairman of hearing, not the chairman of the FED. I think the guy who looks like Mike Gravel is supposed to be the ROn Paul look alike, he'd sure be a dead ringer for Gravel.

If you can talk to Lisa, could you ask her if there are plans to caption the sequel? The original is captioned on YouTube.

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I could and will deliver the message, but both of them I am pretty sure check the EconStories.TV facebook page regularly so you could also ask there as well as any other comment you'd like to leave about the videos.

cswake
05-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Sitting next to the Chairman of the Fed @ 4:37 is someone that looks *SUBSTANTIALLY* closer to RP than the guy sitting next to the Chairman of the Hearing @ 6:59.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I could and will deliver the message, but both of them I am pretty sure check the EconStories.TV facebook page regularly so you could also ask there as well as any other comment you'd like to leave about the videos.

I'm not on Facebook. I did reply to Lisa directly about the CC issue on Youtube when I saw her arguing with someone about masonic handshakes in the video.

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
lol about the masonic handshakes, sounds good, I will ask

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Sitting next to the Chairman of the Fed @ 4:37 is someone that looks *SUBSTANTIALLY* closer to RP than the guy sitting next to the Chairman of the Hearing @ 6:59.

I sort of agree with that, the guy a 4:37 is shown at the poker table with Bernanke, not sure if that is RP like

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Lisa is fantastic. She replied to me immediately, and we're working something out.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Really? Why would Ron be sitting next to the Chairman of the Fed and not the Chairman of the Hearing? Besides, the guy who is sitting next to Bernanke looks more like Ross Perot.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
And the guy in 4:37 is nodding in agreement with what Keynes is saying. That guy can't be RP.

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 12:40 PM
This company has to be the advertisers for Ron Paul 2012 videos. Seriously.

These guys, with the guys who made Rand's "The Machine" ad would blow every other candidate's ads out of the water.

cswake
05-01-2011, 12:59 PM
And the guy in 4:37 is nodding in agreement with what Keynes is saying. That guy can't be RP.

At 4:33 it was a shot just after Hayek finished talking and Keynes just started speaking. The Bernank isn't agreeing...

I sort of agree with that, the guy a 4:37 is shown at the poker table with Bernanke, not sure if that is RP like

The guy at the poker table @6:08 and 6:11 is not the same, he's ANOTHER old white guy. :D

Really? Why would Ron be sitting next to the Chairman of the Fed and not the Chairman of the Hearing? Besides, the guy who is sitting next to Bernanke looks more like Ross Perot.

Because it's the audience? Considering the (rigged) hearing panel chose Keynes as the winner, I think it's safe to say that they wouldn't put him on the panel. I think you're looking at the wrong old white guy... the Paul look-alike is in the row behind Bernanke over Bernanke's left shoulder.

Feeding the Abscess
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't know, the guy at 6:59 has the hair. Plus, the guy at 4:37 is nodding his head while Keynes is speaking.

I'm going with 6:59.

OneLife33
05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I think that all of the people that could be Ron Paul look a likes actually look nothing like RP. And this doesn't bother me one bit as I'm just skippy to see these ideas presented in such an awesome way.

Tinnuhana
05-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Not to change subject, but is the first guy that shakes Hayek's hand supposed to be Bill Gates?

KramerDSP
05-01-2011, 04:47 PM
While we're on the topic of dead economists, who is closest to RP? I know he is a huge fan of Von Mises. Is Hayek Von Mises's disciple? Someone on YT suggested Hayek would not be a supporter of Ron.

Where does Rothbard fit in all of this? Why is Milton Friedson viewed as not quite being an Austrian? He's from the Chicago school, right? There are people who say the Keynesians didn't win and that the Chicago school people are the ones with the system we have now.

AlexMerced
05-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Ron Paul is a closet Rothbardian, I mean they were good buddies... you don't spend that much time with Rothbard and not become an Anarcho-Capitalist

The reason someone would say Hayek would not support Ron, is that Hayek was more willing to concede a Role for the state, he referred to himself as an old wig. A lot of An-caps and Rothbardians attack Hayek on this calling him "squishy" in his view on the state but the more I read of Hayeks works when it comes to his writings on money, knowledge and their role in the pricing system he had some of the most amazing insights of his generation that should not be ignored soley because of his moderate views on the role of the state.

Basically... Hayek was a notch above minarchist, but he was no statist, he and his students have a lot of great things to say and he did learn Mises but that was later on I think after he was already a functioning economist.

Hayek got more play than Mises cause his book were released in english so early on, while it took decades for some of Mises work to be translated leaving it fall under the radar.

Most economist, even the occasional keynesiam (gasp!) offer some interesting insights, while the keynesian framework is flawed doesn't mean their economists are incapable of having valuable insights now and then.

AlexMerced
05-03-2011, 03:30 PM
here's another message from Lisa to settle the whos Ron Paul questions...

Tell them it's the guy next to the Committee Chairman. Not Bernanke. We couldn't get the Ron Paul guy to stop nodding his head. He's nodding in every shot. Plus, I told him to SMILE (since RP is such a smiley head) but he looks like he's frowning in every shot.

KramerDSP
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :)

BuddyRey
05-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Wow, great follow-up! It definitely does justice to the first one.

AlexMerced
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow, great follow-up! It definitely does justice to the first one.

I think it surpasses the first one, not just cause I'm barley visible in the background, hahaha