PDA

View Full Version : We killed Gadhafi's son today..

OrokuSaki
04-30-2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXH7mIRfS3s
At 4 minutes they interview the guy who was killed. Though you should start it at the beginning.

Gaddafi survives air strikes; son killed
Comments
Lin Noueihed, Reuters · Apr. 30, 2011 | Last Updated: Apr. 30, 2011 10:47 PM ET

TRIPOLI — Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi survived a NATO air strike on a Tripoli house that killed his youngest son and three grandchildren, a government spokesman said on Sunday.

Libyan officials took journalists to the house, which had been hit by at least three missiles. The roof had completely caved in in some areas, leaving mangled rods of reinforcing steel hanging down among splintered chunks of concrete.

“What we have now is the law of the jungle,” government spokesman Mussa Ibrahim told a news conference. “We think now it is clear to everyone that what is happening in Libya has nothing to do with the protection of civilians.”

There was no immediate NATO reaction, nor was any independent confirmation of the deaths possible.

The appearance of an assassination attempt against Gaddafi is likely to draw accusations NATO is overstepping a U.N. mandate for British and French-led air forces to launch strikes to protect civilians.

Gaddafi, who seized power in a 1969 coup, is fighting an uprising by rebels who have seized much of the eastern part of Libya. He describes the rebels as religious extremists and Western agents who seek to seek control of Libya’s oil.

Inside one part of the villa hit late on Saturday, a beige corner sofa was virtually untouched, but debris had caved in on other striped upholstered chairs. The blasts had been heard across the city late on Saturday.

A table football machine stood outside in the garden in a wealthy residential area. Glass and debris covered the lawns and what appeared to be an unexploded missile lay in one corner.

It appeared to be the second NATO strike near to Gaddafi in 24 hours. A missile struck near the television station early on Saturday when the Libyan leader was making an address in which he said he would never step down and offered talks to rebels.

Benghazi rebels insist they cannot trust Gaddafi. The last few days have seen fierce shelling of rebel outposts in the west. A rebel spokesman in the mountain town of Zintan said government forces has showered the city with up to 30 powerful Grad missiles late in the evening.

Tripoli has declared a sea blockade on the western outpost of Misrata, potentially robbing the rebels of a vital aid link to their eastern heartland.

Celebratory rifle fire and car horns rang out in the rebels’ eastern capital of Benghazi as news of the attack spread.

"The leader himself is in good health. He wasn’t harmed," Ibrahim said. "His wife is also in good health.

"This was a direct operation to assassinate the leader of this country. This is not permitted by international law. It is not permitted by any moral code or principle."

The announcement of the attack was made live on state television which later showed Tripoli residents marching on the streets, chanting "the martyr is the beloved of God." Some fired gunshots into the air.

U.S. White House press secretary Jay Carney said the White House was aware of Libyan media reports Gaddafi’s son had been killed and was monitoring the situation.

Ibrahim said Gaddafi’s youngest son, Saif Al-Arab, had been killed in the attack. Saif al-Arab, 29, is one of Gaddafi’s less prominent sons, with a limited role in the power structure. Ibrahim described him as a student who had studied in Germany.

Gaddafi’s daughter was killed in a U.S. airstrike in 1986, ordered after a bomb attack on a West Berlin discotheque killed two U.S. servicemen. Washington linked Tripoli to the attack.

"We will fight and fight if we have to," Ibrahim said. "The leader offered peace to NATO yesterday and NATO rejected it."

Fighting in Libya’s civil war, which grew from protests for greater political freedom that have spread across the Arab world, has reached stalemate in recent weeks with neither side capable of achieving a decisive blow.

Libyan forces had reached the gates of Benghazi last month when Gaddafi appeared on television declaring he would crush the rebellion, showing "no pity, no mercy." Days later the United Nations passed its resolution allowing the air strikes and saving the rebels from defeat.

treyfu
04-30-2011, 10:55 PM
We?

OrokuSaki
04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
We?

A coalition of the willing. Who else? Well take the blame for it.

aGameOfThrones
04-30-2011, 11:00 PM
We?

OrokuSaki must be one of the many who thinks there's no NATO without the U.S and U.S orders. I could be wrong, though. :)

OrokuSaki
04-30-2011, 11:03 PM
'We' as in the countries who voted to "help" libya.

heavenlyboy34
04-30-2011, 11:05 PM

ummm...not all of us are "willing". That "We" should be changed to "those that support violence against foreigners in the name of the collective", or something like that. Using "we" in this context implies that every person involved is of like mind on the issue.

OrokuSaki
04-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Besides India, China, Brazil, Germany and Russia abstained. For helping libya is: US, Britain, France, Gabon, Bosnia, Colombia, Lebanon, Nigeria, Portugal and South Africa.

OrokuSaki
04-30-2011, 11:06 PM
ummm...not all of us are "willing". That "We" should be changed to "those that support violence against foreigners in the name of the collective", or something like that. Using "we" in this context implies that every person involved is of like mind on the issue.

Okay... Hmmm.. Warmongers?

heavenlyboy34
04-30-2011, 11:06 PM

Countries don't vote for this sort of thing. Countries are landmasses marked by invisible, arbitrary lines on a map. Specific PEOPLE voted for this action.

heavenlyboy34
04-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Okay... Hmmm.. Warmongers?

That works too. :cool:

specsaregood
04-30-2011, 11:12 PM

i'm pretty sure there was no vote here. this is the sole work of a bloodthirsty lunatic named obama. i can get you his address if you would like to bring it up with him.

tpreitzel
04-30-2011, 11:15 PM
i'm pretty sure there was no vote here. this is the sole work of a bloodthirsty lunatic named obama. i can get you his address if you would like to bring it up with him.

Yeah, Obama, in fact most POTUS, could use a smirk adjustment ...

South Park Fan
05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Saif al-Arab =/ Saif al-Islam. The former is the one who was killed and was the most 'moderate' of the Gaddafi family. The latter is the one in the video.

cindy25
05-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Besides India, China, Brazil, Germany and Russia abstained. For helping libya is: US, Britain, France, Gabon, Bosnia, Colombia, Lebanon, Nigeria, Portugal and South Africa.

helping Libya or intervening in internal Libyan affairs

Indy Vidual
05-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Who are the good guys? :confused: :collins: :confused:

CaliforniaMom
05-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Obama and the other warmongers responsible for this are monsters.
How young were the 3 grandchildren killed?

squarepusher
05-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Obama and the other warmongers responsible for this are monsters.

under 12

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Saif al-Arab =/ Saif al-Islam. The former is the one who was killed and was the most 'moderate' of the Gaddafi family. The latter is the one in the video.Here's the true instigator and terrorist: Nicholas Sarkozy
Article is a good read... Sarkozy acting very odd to the point of vengeance, then we realize Sarkozy's history and background to his motives.http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/03/22/de_gaulle_he_aint?page=0,1

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/files/sarkozy_6.jpg

TomtheTinker
05-01-2011, 08:52 AM
boooooooooooo

TNforPaul45
05-01-2011, 09:28 AM
America has no assasination policy. Get back in your airport screening line, feudal-slave. Pay your taxes. Obey. If you hear something, say something.

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Latest out of Russia: http://en.rian.ru/trend/sanctions_against_gaddafi_2011/

Russian MP lashes at NATO's Gaddafi-targeted air strike (http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110501/163809110.html)

A NATO air strike in Tripoli, which Libyan authorities say killed a son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, (http://en.rian.ru/world/20110501/163803831.html) was aimed at Gaddafi's physical destruction, a member of the Russian parliament said on Sunday.
Konstantin Kosachyov, head of the State Duma international committee, said in an interview with RIA Novosti that the NATO operation in Libya was focusing on the indiscriminate use of force and was swerving away from the conflict resolution within the legal mandate.
"A civil war is raging in Libya and with the interference of a third, external party, the situation is turning into an impasse," Kosachyov said, adding that last night's bombing of Gaddafi's residence was an attempt by the NATO coalition forces to get out of the impasse.
The NATO airstrike on a wealthy residential area in Tripoli on Saturday killed Gaddafi's youngest son, Saif al-Arab, 29, who was a postgraduate student majoring in economy and not a military person, Libyan state-run JANA news agency earlier reported.
The airstrike on Gaddafi's house also killed three of his grandchildren as well as several friends and neighbors, the agency said citing a statement from the government.
Kosachyov said that civilians were killed during the NATO airstrike and that such tragedies were inevitable when the stated goals, even if the noblest ones, were beginning to be achieved by unlawful means.
A total of 14 of the 28 NATO countries are taking part in the operation Unified Protector in Libya, which includes airstrikes, a no-fly zone and naval enforcement of an arms embargo.
The UN Security Council adopted a resolution imposing a no-fly zone over Libya on March 17, paving the way for a military operation against Gaddafi which began two days later. The command of the operation was shifted from a U.S.-led international coalition to NATO in late March.
MOSCOW, May 1 (RIA Novosti)

Russia doubts statement that NATO not targeting Libya's Gaddafi - Foreign Ministry (http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110501/163809342.html)

Russia doubts the statements by the NATO coalition that NATO airstrikes are not targeting Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.

"Moscow perceives with growing alarm the reports about victims among civilians. The statements by the coalition members that the airstrikes against Libya are not aimed at physically destroying Muammar Gaddafi and members of his family cause serious doubts," the ministry said in a statement.

The NATO airstrike on a wealthy residential area in Tripoli on Saturday killed Gaddafi's youngest son, Saif al-Arab, 29 (http://en.rian.ru/world/20110501/163803831.html), who was a postgraduate student majoring in economy.

The airstrike on Gaddafi's house also killed three of his grandchildren as well as several friends and neighbors, Libyan state-run JANA news agency earlier reported.

"The disproportional use of force, all the more so, beyond the mandate of UN Security Council Resolution No. 1973, which in no way stipulates the replacement of the Libyan leadership, is leading to harmful consequences and the death of civilians," the statement said.
"We are again calling for strict compliance with the provisions of the decisions made by the international community on the Libyan conflict, for an immediate ceasefire and the start of a political settlement without any preconditions," the statement said.
(RIA Novosti)

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2011, 11:08 AM
The Libyan leader has eight biological and two adopted children... pay close attention to their professions
http://en.rian.ru/infographics/20110328/163250484.html

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/Qaddafi_Family.png

fj45lvr
05-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I wonder what kind of things the U.S. "ruling class" will do against the people when they start mass protesting in earnest seeking the overthrow of D.C. and various institutions???

When these protests have a very serious "ring" that is more than merely waving signs and going home for business as usual???

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-01-2011, 11:48 AM

There is no such thing as "A coalition of the willing." Throughout world history, a tyranny made up of a minority has managed to persecute a vast majority of the people. See, you don't understand the significance of what it means to be an American. As a United States citizen, I am ruled over by a "more perfect union" which amounts to "a necessary tyranny or evil." This necessary tyranny ruling over me is not a means to an end (the point most people are confused about), but it is a necessary evil I have to endure in order to reach the desired end of a better overall contentment for the vast majority of the people.
In other words, if desiring to, I could join the military to follow after a necessary tyrant (the commander and chief). However, I have no decision in being part of the military which protects the New Covenant (my neighbor). I am born as such in the standing militia to guard against tyranny both abroad and domestic.

lester1/2jr
05-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I got a sinking feeling when I heard this.

Brian4Liberty
05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey Obama, how many children did you kill today?

heavenlyboy34
05-01-2011, 12:16 PM
There is no such thing as "A coalition of the willing." Throughout world history, a tyranny made up of a minority has managed to persecute a vast majority of the people. See, you don't understand the significance of what it means to be an American. As a United States citizen, I am ruled over by a "more perfect union" which amounts to "a necessary tyranny or evil." This necessary tyranny ruling over me is not a means to an end (the point most people are confused about), but it is a necessary evil I have to endure in order to reach the desired end of a better overall contentment for the vast majority of the people.
In other words, if desiring to, I could join the military to follow after a necessary tyrant (the commander and chief). However, I have no decision in being part of the military which protects the New Covenant (my neighbor). I am born as such in the standing militia to guard against tyranny both abroad and domestic.

Now you're contradicting your usual position. You're arguing that legal precedent ("necessary tyranny/evil") of manmade constitutions and such, whereas before you were arguing the transcendentalist view, basically that natural order/law comes to us from our Creator, and the legal aspect comes after that. (if I understand your previous long-winded essays correctly)

eOs
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
If someone killed your son and grandsons, would you use nuclear weapons on them if you could? Now think what someone like Gaddafi would do..Wonder which innocent civilians are gonna get hit for the blowback this time..

Anti Federalist
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
If someone killed your son and grandsons, would you use nuclear weapons on them if you could? Now think what someone like Gaddafi would do..Wonder which innocent civilians are gonna get hit for the blowback this time..

What would the US war machine's response be if Obama's daughters or the Bush twins got vaporized by a missile from Russia or Iran or North Korea?

We, "us", the collected citizenry of the tax farm called the United States will have a lot to answer for when a "reckoning" finally comes due.

This is what dead children killed by a US missile look like. Take good fucking look America:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2426/3842919423_f73bc37856.jpg

heavenlyboy34
05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
What would the US war machine's response be if Obama's daughters or the Bush twins got vaporized by a missile from Russia or Iran or North Korea?

We, "us", the collected citizenry of the tax farm called the United States will have a lot to answer for when a "reckoning" finally comes due.

This is what dead children killed by a US missile look like. Take good fucking look America:

As long as war continues to be a nice, profitable racket for the regime and the war machine, we can expect this kind of murder and mayhem to continue indefinitely. :(

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Simple: 450kgs of high explosive and steel shrapnel do not differentiate between "scumbag" and innocent victim.

2young2vote
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm just going to say that I am more scared of an attack by Libya now than I was before this all started (which was not scared at all). How long do they think they can do this before the government of Libya decides to start teaching NATO a lesson?

torchbearer
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM

I'd like to see a grassroots funded commercial to show what obama has been up to featuring 60 seconds of these kind of shots.

specsaregood
05-01-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd like to see a grassroots funded commercial to show what obama has been up to featuring 60 seconds of these kind of shots.

i'd donate to that

PreDeadMan
05-01-2011, 08:39 PM

imagine how fast the public's reaction would change towards war, if pictures of dead children and just bodies in general were plagued in every newspaper.... you can bet your ass there would be an enormous public outcry to end the fucking bloodshed!

Paul4Prez
05-01-2011, 09:27 PM

But the United States Congress, representing the American people (through the House of Representatives) and the several states (through the Senate) never voted to authorize any sort of attack whatsoever. The president launched an illegal attack, and has followed it up by illegally targeting Libya's ruling family. The House of Representatives should start impeachment proceedings, before the World Criminal Court launches a war crimes trial.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Now you're contradicting your usual position. You're arguing that legal precedent ("necessary tyranny/evil") of manmade constitutions and such, whereas before you were arguing the transcendentalist view, basically that natural order/law comes to us from our Creator, and the legal aspect comes after that. (if I understand your previous long-winded essays correctly)

Perhaps the reason they seem "long winded" to you is because I don't write essays. I write writs. A writ is something written to a prostitute living under a bridge with her being the exact inverse of the tyrant our Founding Fathers addressed while representating the commoner people. You see, the reason we understand others is because we trust them. I am not understood because of what or how well I write, but because of who I am writing to. If you understand the person I am writing to, then, beyond any errors in grammar and logic, you will truly understand me.
"A more perfect government" means, at best, we are here for contentment. It also means, at best, that government is never perfect.
There is a difference between civil and natural rights. A civil right will claim that I should never have to live destitute under a bridge. But by natural right, I am not living under a bridge and I am not destitute as the Truth begs to differ. Regardless, by natural right, I own all the property and all the wealth as I was granted that by the Almighty when He commanded me to recline where I stood as a member of the multitude.
The ones truly suffering in destituteness today are those who own all the property and all the wealth while in debt to tyranny for what has been estimated on the low side to be fourteen trillion dollars.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
imagine how fast the public's reaction would change towards war, if pictures of dead children and just bodies in general were plagued in every newspaper.... you can bet your ass there would be an enormous public outcry to end the fucking bloodshed!

When the Lord addressed the worst of times, he didn't concern Himself with the death of children, but over the suffering of their weeping *mothers, with them being those worthless ones who don't count. In other words, because He truly loves us and the best we can do is hate Him, we only think we were put on this earth to subsist while we were truly created to thrive and have smiles upon our faces.
*Think about it. If a woman is a queenly wife of a king, her life is more important than the king. If a woman is the wife of a stranger, just the opposite, her life is more worthless than the stranger (she is a dog). In turn, the potential offspring within her are considered even more worthless.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
But the United States Congress, representing the American people (through the House of Representatives) and the several states (through the Senate) never voted to authorize any sort of attack whatsoever. The president launched an illegal attack, and has followed it up by illegally targeting Libya's ruling family. The House of Representatives should start impeachment proceedings, before the World Criminal Court launches a war crimes trial.

There is nothing absolute in The U.S. Constitution. The only thing absolute in any formal document is within The Declaration of Independence.
In other words, according to legal precedence, black is white and white is black. In the end, law is nothing but *black as, no matter how eloquent they make it sound, it is totally devoid of any beauty (meaning).
The true beauty for the people, their only hope, is defined within The Declaration of Independence as something that is self evidently and unalienably a natural law. This is our Civil Purpose and supercedes all legal precedence. As The U.S. Constitution is the law of the land, The Declaration of Independence is the philosophy that empowers and envisions us. It is the blue sky for us to aim for so that we can hit the apple out of the tree.

*death

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 01:43 PM

As evil as this might sound, a young man doesn't give his life for nation, for family, or for God. He gives it for just the possibility of eating an American cheeseburger. We are talking about happiness and contentment here. If happiness isn't possible, then its time to check out. Goodbye!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Simple: 450kgs of high explosive and steel shrapnel do not differentiate between "scumbag" and innocent victim.

Look, to get to the point, to ask the kind of question that the media would have once asked (well, maybe): Just how many places were blown up and innocent people killed prior to the right one finally being blown up? This just doesn't seem well thought out at all. Huh? They knew about Osama before 9-11? Did they actually know where he was all along? Could that be where our government has been receiving its intelligence reports?
Look, forget about all that tyranny going on abroad. Just what is our tyranny up to at home?

Anti Federalist
05-02-2011, 02:33 PM

It was required collateral damage, in order to kill bin Laden.

They woud have just grown up to be terrorists anyway.

Grrrr...

EndDaFed
05-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Besides India, Gitmo Nation Zai Shangwu, Brazil, Gitmo Nation Deutschland and Gitmo Nation Vodka abstained. For helping libya is: US, Britain, Gitmo Nation Stinky Cheese, Gabon, Bosnia, Colombia, Lebanon, Nigeria, Gitmo Nation Fish and South Africa.

Indeed

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
It was required collateral damage, in order to kill bin Laden.

They woud have just grown up to be terrorists anyway.

Grrrr...

When instilling a government, we should employ the people who are the lovers of the people. If a person is a true lover of trees, they would always appreciate every tree and their offspring. The same is true when speaking about true lovers of birds, or true lovers of the stars. Indeed, some of us are born with a love for specific things.
The whole idea that someone is in charge of me who isn't in love with me, but in love with power and the stimulation they receive when expressing it by manipulating me around, is evil.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Stories are floating around that the "compound" that UBL was hiding out at had signs of "domestication", women and children and so forth.

If they were there, I wonder what happened to them?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?290466-22-people-killed-in-raid.-Who-were-they