PDA

View Full Version : RP still the only real conservative - not Huckabee

lynnf
10-26-2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110010782

Another Man From Hope
Who is Mike Huckabee?

excerpts:

And why Mr. Huckabee's praises have been sung by liberal columnists such as Gail Collins of the New York Times and Jonathan Alter of Newsweek.

But I also know he is not the "consistent conservative" he now claims to be.

Nor am I alone. Betsy Hagan, Arkansas director of the conservative Eagle Forum and a key backer of his early runs for office, was once "his No. 1 fan." She was bitterly disappointed with his record. "He was pro-life and pro-gun, but otherwise a liberal," she says. "Just like Bill Clinton he will charm you, but don't be surprised if he takes a completely different turn in office."

Phyllis Schlafly, president of the national Eagle Forum, is even more blunt. "He destroyed the conservative movement in Arkansas, and left the Republican Party a shambles," she says. "Yet some of the same evangelicals who sold us on George W. Bush as a 'compassionate conservative' are now trying to sell us on Mike Huckabee."

Rick Scarborough, a pastor who heads Vision America, attended seminary with Mr. Huckabee and is a strong backer. But, he acknowledges,"Mike has always sought the validation of elites." When conservatives took over the Southern Baptist Convention after a bitter fight in the 1980s, Mr. Huckabee sided with the ruling moderates.

Mr. Huckabee was the only GOP candidate to refuse to endorse President Bush's veto of the Democrats' bill to vastly expand the Schip health-care program. Only he and John McCain have endorsed the discredited cap-and-trade system to limit global-warming emissions that has proved a fiasco in Europe.

lynn

me3
10-26-2007, 10:12 AM
The news forum is located here

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Huckabee is a big government neo-con.

werdd
10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
He wants to put a cap on emissions, and he likes socialized healthcare, supports taxes on cigarettes, hes a liberal.

yoshimaroka
10-26-2007, 10:17 AM
"Mike has always sought the validation of elites."

He has a speech on the CFR website as well.

Hank
10-26-2007, 10:18 AM
He wants to put a cap on emissions, and he likes socialized healthcare, supports taxes on cigarettes, hes a liberal.

Neo-cons and liberals are all big government goons. Ron Paul is the only true small-government conservative!

Lord Xar
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I find it very telling when liberal writers and conservative writers are putting out pieces about him telling everyone how great he is... its ridiculous and there is no other reason than "they got the call.." how else can you explain outright ignorance.. you can't.

Someone should post that at the hucky forum..