PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on Values Voter Summit: Did RP get 2% or 17%?

R_Harris
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I know there were two polls for the value voters summit - one online and one on site.

My understanding is that he got 17% and placed third online, but only got 2.5% and finished last for the onsite poll.

Is this correct, or should the results be reversed? Some evangelical commentaries I am seeing are saying he only got 2.5% for the onsite (meaning at the conference) poll, and thus it proves that the online results were spammed by the zealous Paul supporters and that RP's true support among evangelicals is basically non-existent.

If someone could clear this up for me, I would appreciate it. If what is stated above is wrong, there are several websites I need to inform of that.

Ninja Homer
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Here's the results:
http://www.frcaction.org/

If they say Ron Paul's supporters "spammed" it, then they should take a look at Mitt Romney's numbers. 99 votes on site, and 1496 votes online.

Ron Paul had 25 votes on site, and 840 votes online.

Huckabee had 488 votes on site, and 1077 votes online.

Huckabee and Romney supporters both "spammed" the online poll more than Ron Paul supporters.

Also, only 952 people voted on site when there were more than 2000 people in attendance. What I've heard is that many people who attended decided to vote online rather than wait around in the long lines to vote on site. Because of that, the on site totals should just be completely ignored because they are meaningless.

fj45lvr
10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Here's the results:
http://www.frcaction.org/

Because of that, the on site totals should just be completely ignored because they are meaningless.

Well they cannot be "completely" ignored. no matter what Huck and Mitt out voted us and though there vote was "split" we did not come out on top...

While paul's online army was able to add to a good showing for him via the net I dare say that Huck and Romney have a base that is "religious" and is LARGER than Paul's religious base.

The question is how significant is the religious base to the Republican nomination....not garnering a good share to Paul would be a tragic happening since Paul is the only candidate that seems to understand "morality" in the sense of killing in the middle east.... The others must have some B-52 bombers painted with murals of JESUS on the sides, waiting to drop some more "good news" to the lost.